What was the first R rated film you have ever seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Onesieman said:
The first R rated film I saw was "Scary Movie 4" at age 10. I tried sneaking another R movie called Revenge of the nerds and tried to watch it, but I ended up leaving it on my player and forgetting it was there, so I got yelled at when my dad got home. He usually didn't let me watch R rated movies until I was in high school.
Scary Movie 4 is actually rated PG-13. The first 2 films in the Scary Movie franchise were rated R

First one in a theater??? Eraser(Arnold Schwarzenegger)

Pretty sure I saw Aliens & Predator by then. Also T-2 Judgement Day.

Reactions: AndyPandy
Steve2000 said:
Scary Movie 4 is actually rated PG-13. The first 2 films in the Scary Movie franchise were rated R

I didn't watch the first 2 movies until my teens. I assumed they were all R. So The first one I actually saw was American Pie: The Book of Love in middle school.

Did you all know that there was an X rated version of "Midnight Cowboy". My boyfriend and I saw it in Princeton when it first came out. What gave that version an X rating was the protagonist getting anally raped by some young men. There were small, 2 or 3 second snippets that you had to catch during the movie and they served as flashbacks. I was a little above age to see an X rated movie but not by much if I recall correctly.

And when Midnight Cowboy was rerated R, there was not a single scene cut or changed.

willnotwill said:
And when Midnight Cowboy was rerated R, there was not a single scene cut or changed.

So you actually saw those scenes in the R rated version? Not too many people have, probably because it goes by so quickly. I now they were cut for the TV version.....obviously I suppose.

I've seen the whole movie (at the R rating). As far as it not being changed from the X version which I didn't see, I'll have to stick with the movie gurus at IMDB.

Reactions: dogboy
I don't remember mine...

Porky's. I don't remember what year that was, but I was a teenager and I remember it like it was yesterday.

Aliens.

I believe the first R-rated film I saw was The Strangers (from 2008). It's a horror movie if anyone's wondering.

texas chainsaw

First R rated movie I remember seeing is Terminator 2: Judgement Day. I was 7 and my dad sat me down and made me watch it. My mom was vocally upset with him🤣. Still my favorite Terminator movie.

Finding Nemo, the earlier version from the 70s, where that shark was eating beachgoers and Robert Shaw had to blow it up. Scared the shit out of me. ‘Twas a different time at Pixar Studios.

• Haha
Reactions: PonderStibbons, CutieProtector, PichuCubJacob and 1 other person
boostergold said:
Still my favorite Terminator movie.
There were others? 🧐

• Love
Reactions: boostergold
S2000 said:
The first one for me was (I think) The Matrix (1999)... and it was at the age of 6...
The first 'Friday the 13th' movie. I was a minor, and snuck-in with a friend of mine. We both had nightmares for many weeks, after.

onecho said:
Finding Nemo, the earlier version from the 70s, where that shark was eating beachgoers and Robert Shaw had to blow it up. Scared the shit out of me. ‘Twas a different time at Pixar Studios.
That was jaws. They had to cut some footage to make it scary from the original version for studio audience before its release to the public.

Reactions: onecho
I don't think movies had ratings in 1959, but my friend and I took a bus from New Jersey into Philly and saw Psycho when I was 11 years old. I was scared to death and my friend kept trying to scare me all through the movie.

The Blue Lagoon.

Reactions: PonderStibbons
jasonm03 said:
Porky’s summer of 81 I was seven at the time my dad took me to see it instead of the Disney movie playing
View attachment 44866
This was the first I saw at about age 12 or 13 I think. My older brother and his friend rented it, and he was probably 17. The first R movie I saw in the theater was Rising Sun with Sean Connery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back