What was covid like for you?

The only difference for me was that everything smelled like cigarette smoke.

• Wow
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
dogboy said:
I got Omicron over New Years and I felt like I got run over by a truck even though I was triple vaccinated. It started off feeling like I had a cold with lots of sneezing but in a day it got a lot worse. I had a sinus infection, pounding headache and low grade temperature. I would fall asleep just sitting at a table. I'd wake up with my head on the table. This lasted for about a week and then I began to feel better.
Same exactly here, thinking back! I hear there is some new shot or booster to take now!

• Thinking
for me I got my last booster shot the end of last year and my arm hurt the next day and I felt sick and tired that I told my general manager that I could not come in that day same when I got my vaccines but I got the vaccines when I did not have a job yet so could stay home without worry. But it was still not great.

• Sad
Reactions: Woncrinklz and BobbiSueEllen
Went to bed fine woke up with high fever and crazy cough for 2 days after testing positive 6 weeks ago.
Took 2 weeks for cough to end
3 weeks to get my energy back
Sickest I've ever been
Wouldn't wish it on anyone

• Sad
joemama said:
Very minimal sickness. No taste or smell for a week but only felt sick for a day or two. No vaxs.
i have not had a sense smell in 2o years

• Wow
It was quite normal and pleasant, in fact, thanks to social distance and masks, I had to deal much less with cigarette smoke and airborne diseases.

I always could go upstairs and sunbathe a bit, so it wasn't a big problem for me.

Furthermore, thanks to masks, I could suck my pacifier out of home, which I love to do!! 😍

• Haha
Reactions: Jaseinfantlist35, BobbiSueEllen and Kittyinpink
When I got that last booster vaccine felt like I was hit by a truck for 12hrs.

Rita said:
Sounds like what i dealt with. I haven't caught it but when i got the booster that day I was fine but the following day I was so tired and constantly felt cold I had to call off work and stayed in bed whole day.

Rita said:
Same here. I got what I call the "Triple-J" (Janssen/Johnson & Johnson) single-shot vaccine in May of 2021. When I got to the kids' place to babysit, I felt tired and took a nap; later, I awoke as though I was going through COVID all over again...except I retained taste & smell. Fever, weakness, all that. The next 36 hours were miserable. Ugh. I'd've rather been 100% diaper-dependent for 36 hours instead...including very messy diapers. 🤧🤒

I got it and it wrecked the receptors in my nose there are certain foods I haven't been able to eat for over a year namely chicken it tastes disgusting,I keep getting a burning smell as well, a doctor was on the radio talking about it he said it will eventually go away.

Back