Country Boy Diapered
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Howdy y’all,

I’m going on a trip to the beech in a few months with my best friend and his family, all of which is like a second family to me. I was hesitant about going because of my incontinence problems but my best friend who knows my situation told me I shouldn’t let that stop me. I agreed to go. My worry is how to be discreet and keep it under raps from everyone else. We are all sharing a place. They said it was an Airbnb but then things changed so I’m not sure about that. My question is how should I go about being discreet? I’m mostly worried about getting rid of trash, especially if it’s an Airbnb. I won’t even have a room to my self so hiding something in a closet or room won’t work. Also I know it has been said in another thread but if anyone has good advice for how to deal with staying dry till I’m in the water and what to do when I get out I would greatly appreciate any and all advice before I leave in a few months.

Reactions: Diprs2
How long is it for? When I’ve had to share rooms while travelling I have thought ahead and pre-wrapped a nappy with the clothing I was going to wear each day. That solved the issue of my morning change as I would just grab my bundle of clothes and walk it discretely to the bathroom to shower and change. I found the opportunity to stash a bag containing spare nappies, wipes, plastic pants, a onesie in case of leaks and large clip seal bags in a bathroom cupboard early on and was able to dip in to there for my changes and put wet nappies in temporarily. I removed the used ones once every day so the bathroom didn’t get smelly, transferring them to a black bin bag and walking it out to the trash. Being out and about was less painful as I kept spare nappies in my bag and could duck off periodically while I was out and about to change.

I have relied on this method on several trips and have been successful in keeping my condition under wraps about 2/3 of the time (or if people found out they didn’t ask). The other 1/3 of the time either my plastic pants didn’t keep the overnight pee smell contained and a friend or colleague asked about it and I came clean, or I got anxious and ended up telling the people I was staying staying with.

I am yet to have a bad reaction from those who have found out or who I have told, but everyone has a different life and different relationships, so I won’t tell you what to do.

All the best with it. It can be stressful.

whenever i go on vacation I always bring the swimdiapers

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and sport1
I think you can try many things to hide the problem, but honestly - I don't think that's a good idea. There are simply situations - and there are those when you share a room or a bathroom - where it is easier to tell the other that you have a problem. Personally, I still find it difficult, but it's a lot better than having to constantly worry about whether the other person will notice and what he thinks about it.

I have never experienced it there not to meet understanding and life is so simple lengths easier. You want to relax on vacation - and that works much better if you do not have to worry about this problem.

Reactions: smnapp and hbic60
UrgentWees said:
How long is it for? When I’ve had to share rooms while travelling I have thought ahead and pre-wrapped a nappy with the clothing I was going to wear each day. That solved the issue of my morning change as I would just grab my bundle of clothes and walk it discretely to the bathroom to shower and change. I found the opportunity to stash a bag containing spare nappies, wipes, plastic pants, a onesie in case of leaks and large clip seal bags in a bathroom cupboard early on and was able to dip in to there for my changes and put wet nappies in temporarily. I removed the used ones once every day so the bathroom didn’t get smelly, transferring them to a black bin bag and walking it out to the trash. Being out and about was less painful as I kept spare nappies in my bag and could duck off periodically while I was out and about to change.

I have relied on this method on several trips and have been successful in keeping my condition under wraps about 2/3 of the time (or if people found out they didn’t ask). The other 1/3 of the time either my plastic pants didn’t keep the overnight pee smell contained and a friend or colleague asked about it and I came clean, or I got anxious and ended up telling the people I was staying staying with.

I am yet to have a bad reaction from those who have found out or who I have told, but everyone has a different life and different relationships, so I won’t tell you what to do.

All the best with it. It can be stressful.
Howdy, it’s going to be a weeklong trip and I barely even have a room, so I’m sleeping on the couch. Thank you for the reply.

Reactions: Diprs2 and UrgentWees
mickdl said:
I think you can try many things to hide the problem, but honestly - I don't think that's a good idea. There are simply situations - and there are those when you share a room or a bathroom - where it is easier to tell the other that you have a problem. Personally, I still find it difficult, but it's a lot better than having to constantly worry about whether the other person will notice and what he thinks about it.

I have never experienced it there not to meet understanding and life is so simple lengths easier. You want to relax on vacation - and that works much better if you do not have to worry about this problem.
I agree with this. I don’t know your comfort level with other people knowing about your situation. You said your friend knows (seems to be supportive) and they are like family. I believe it would be best to be honest with them. Maybe only few of them even need to know. That may seem uncomfortable now, but would likely result in less stress during your trip.

I'd also suggest to give up the idea to keep your IC hidden. Just tell you have a medical problem with your continence (without going too much into details) and that you have to wear protection to handle it properly and avoid exposing as much as possible during your common stay and everything should be fine!

Reactions: DLScottsman and Diprs2
I appreciate all your responses. I may tell one or two others who are going, all the people I’m going with are like a second family to me and I’m not worried about judgment as much as I just don’t like sharing stuff like that unless it’s really needed

I have travelled around the U.S. flying from the UK in nappies as I am urinary incontinent and enuretic due to diabetic related nerve damage. It wasn't a big deal.

Wetshisbed said:
I have travelled around the U.S. flying from the UK in nappies as I am urinary incontinent and enuretic due to diabetic related nerve damage. It wasn't a big deal.
Yes, and the more you make a deal out of it the more it might lead to questions and discussions. Just handle it so open (and natural!) as necessary and most people will respond with respect and acceptance.

Ignoring the question of the people you're going with, for the beach, you can get wearable towel robe things (e.g.: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N1YTOZ9 but it may work better if you can find one that goes all the way to your feet or something) that are intended to be used both for drying off and for changing clothes. Especially if you wear a pull-up style diaper on the way to the beach, if you put on one of those towels you should just be able to pull down your shorts and the pull-up from under the robe and then pull on a bathing suit, and then just do the opposite when you get out of the water.

I guess there will be a second where the pull-up will be visible in the shorts but other than that it should still be more or less discreet enough, so if you decide to tell the people you're going with, I don't think that anyone else on the beach will notice/care.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and LordDuque
My incontinence got bad enough this year where I had to start wearing protection. I am also not ready to disclose my needs to everyone at this time and can tell you what I did on a couple recent trips.
All day car ride: wore megamax air as they are quiet. Took a change in my small computer bag. Was able to hide change in my jacket and successfully change halfway in a restroom.
Nighttime: put megamax air on right before bed in bathroom, no one the wiser. Took off at shower time in AM. Wrapped up in old clothes. I took a few small trash bags and put it in small bag. Was able to bury in larger household trash later.
I brought a wet bag for dirty clothes, think 1 or 2 ended up going on wet bag until I got home as didn't have opportunity to dispose discreetly.
Daytime, I wear a pad during day. These can easily throw in a pocket and I would wrap the dirty up in small bag and keep in dirty clothes until I could put in trash.
Maybe not best situation but it worked for me and I didn’t have to talk about it.
Only 2 times I remember feeling self conscious.
1 had to dispose of one in a busy truck stop bathroom from bathroom stall to trash in middle of room. Think I waited a few min until less traffic and just said F it, walked out and put in trash, 1 other person in there not paying attention.
1 AM my diaper was pretty wet, they had breakfast ready and insisted I eat before my shower. So, I had breakfast at table with 5 others in a very wet overnight diaper. No one noticed but my nerves were pumping lol.
As far as the beach, sorry but not much input there.

1 AM my diaper was pretty wet, they had breakfast ready and insisted I eat before my shower. So, I had breakfast at table with 5 others in a very wet overnight diaper. No one noticed but my nerves were pumping lol.
Yikes. Breakfast inside would be a smelly proposition for me unless it was outdoors like at a picnic table. Outside, you might be able to pass it off as "smell coming from the soil, outhouse or something". 😙

Bnuuy said:
Ignoring the question of the people you're going with, for the beach, you can get wearable towel robe things (e.g.: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N1YTOZ9 but it may work better if you can find one that goes all the way to your feet or something) that are intended to be used both for drying off and for changing clothes. Especially if you wear a pull-up style diaper on the way to the beach, if you put on one of those towels you should just be able to pull down your shorts and the pull-up from under the robe and then pull on a bathing suit, and then just do the opposite when you get out of the water.

I guess there will be a second where the pull-up will be visible in the shorts but other than that it should still be more or less discreet enough, so if you decide to tell the people you're going with, I don't think that anyone else on the beach will notice/care.
Very interesting ítem, but the image given seems to me more like a Sand dweller or something XD (allow me to be sarcastic please)

• Haha
Reactions: Diprs2 and AshtonFreecss
I guess there are lots of companies selling similar things with different colors/designs so some of them might look less sand-dweller-esque

You could also just use a towel over your torso since I think lots of people put on/take off bathing suits that way, but there would just be the risk of it coming off

Reactions: Diprs2 and LordDuque
Bnuuy said:
I guess there are lots of companies selling similar things with different colors/designs so some of them might look less sand-dweller-esque

You could also just use a towel over your torso since I think lots of people put on/take off bathing suits that way, but there would just be the risk of it coming off
I was just being a bit naughty- joker, even though I thought it at first it was just some casual- irreverent post and that was it. I’d have no problem to wear it myself but nevertheless thanks regarding your explaining post. 🙂 Never take me 100% seriously (nor 100% joking either!) . That’s how I am 😅

littleK1626 said:
whenever i go on vacation I always bring the swimdiapers
Might I ask what kind of Swim diapers?

Don't swim diapers not really do anything for urinary incontinence? I think some pools require incontinent people to wear them but I kind of thought that rules about this were just because even though it's well known that swim diapers are specifically designed not to contain urine, I guess nobody wants to admit that all the kids wearing swim diapers are really just peeing in the pool.

Unless you're going in a pool that has a rule requiring it and you're a stickler for the rules I don't think there's any reason to wear a swim diaper instead of just wearing some sort of normal diaper until you're ready to swim and then putting it back on after you get out, because if you pee while you're in the water it's just going in the pool either way.

(If you have fecal incontinence obviously you should wear a swim diaper for either the pool or the ocean though.)

Last edited:
i hace fecal incontinence so i always use them. Even if someone was not i would if i was them there is always a risk that could happen and respect for outhers.

Back