What pulled you into becoming a babyfur/diaperfur? How did it start?

anonymousluke said:
Not entirely😪
Not sure if it helps, but the water's warmer than it might look. I was pretty apprehensive about commissioning stuff, but the artists I've worked with have been very helpful and easygoing. That's not me saying "hurry up," to be clear, but in case there's some fear of the unknown...

Last edited:
Reactions: LukeTheDeersky
Cottontail said:
Not sure if it helps, but the water's warmer than it might look. I was pretty apprehensive about commissioning stuff, but the artists I've worked with have been very helpful and easygoing. That's not me saying "hurry up," to be clear, but in case there's some fear of the unknown...
I'm still apprehensive about commissioning stuff. Partially due to worrying about getting questioned by my parents if they look at my bank account and see that I spent $500 and want to know what it was for (they don't usually but there is the possibility). And also thinking that if I'm unhappy with it I wasted a big amount of money for nothing. There's also finding the right artist which seems quite hard.

PaddedWolfie said:
I'm still apprehensive about commissioning stuff. Partially due to worrying about getting questioned by my parents if they look at my bank account and see that I spent $500 and want to know what it was for (they don't usually but there is the possibility). And also thinking that if I'm unhappy with it I wasted a big amount of money for nothing. There's also finding the right artist which seems quite hard.
I certainly don't have easy answers for any of those concerns. To the point about finding artists though: My own approach was to surf art on FurAffinity and rack up favorites. Eventually I began to see patterns emerge, and found that I'd favorited certain artists disproportionately. It was fun, and certainly not hard, but it did take time.

There's always a chance you'll be unhappy with the end result, but in most cases artists try to avoid surprises and try to keep you involved in the process. That's especially true for references, which are expensive in part because it's assumed that you'll want some things changed or fixed. I thought I had my fur colors totally nailed when I commissioned my reference, and when I saw the first colored draft of Cottontail I was aghast, LOL. Totally didn't work! Back to the drawing board mid-commission, and MinetteFraise was extremely understanding and helpful. Artists do want you to be happy.

Last edited:
Reactions: lilithra
Cottontail said:
I certainly don't have easy answers for any of those concerns. To the point about finding artists though: My own approach was to surf art on FurAffinity and rack up favorites. Eventually I began to see patterns emerge, and found that I'd favorited certain artists disproportionately. It was fun, and certainly not hard, but it did take time.

There's always a chance you'll be unhappy with the end result, but in most cases artists try to avoid surprises and try to keep you involved in the process. That's especially true for references, which are expensive in part because it's assumed that you'll want some things changed or fixed. I thought I had my fur colors totally nailed when I commissioned my reference, and when I saw the first colored draft of Cottontail I was aghast, LOL. Totally didn't work! Back to the drawing board mid-commission, and MinetteFraise was extremely understanding and helpful. Artists do want you to be happy.
I would take that suggestion for choosing a good artist for commision. Thankies.

Reactions: Cottontail
Cottontail said:
Thanks for the advice, I've always been a bit apprehensive, but I have had an interest for 3 years now I think I owe it to myself to commission a character that represents the best version of myself.

I have a Marcy Addams bage it's not to expensive you might start with one of those.

Through the furry fandom and back in 2020 I started to wear diapers due to covid-19 as I did not want to use the public restrooms, and then I was hooked into diapers and wear them frequently. I've also explored my AB side but I am def more DL.

Reactions: stimkyfox and LukeTheDeersky
My furry interests and my diaper interests more or less developed separately. I got into furry stuff from watching cartoons with anthro characters and discovered the furry fandom some time in high school.
My interest in diapers probably originated with wearing Goodnites for bedwetting. It didn't fully take off, though, until I was officially "out" of Goodnites at night.
After exploring the furry community a bit, I started following some babyfur artists and ended up registering a separate babyfur account

i'd say its when i learned about regression and found out that furries do it too and then it continued from there, haha.

Did anyone else ever stumble across those old crappy YouTube videos of Sonic characters in diapers, usually either sloppily edited Sonic X screenshots or Deviantart-tier MSPaint drawings? No? Just me? Well that's probably where it started.

If I wanted to dig deeper I'd say it was Baby Looney Tunes, since the characters rather prominently wear diapers for half the show so it always got my attention when it came on (oddly enough I never really got into Rugrats). I've seen like 3 people since I came back here using it as their avatar so I'm probably not the only one.

What definitely solidified it though would be My Little Pony. It was the first fandom I really engaged with, and as such the first time I learned of the.... 'dark side' of fandom. Not a fan of straight-up R34 myself, but I did pretty quickly find out that ABDL art/fanfic was a thing, and that led to more general babyfur/diaperfur stuff.

Reactions: kodapupz
RJDodger said:
Did anyone else ever stumble across those old crappy YouTube videos of Sonic characters in diapers, usually either sloppily edited Sonic X screenshots or Deviantart-tier MSPaint drawings? No? Just me? Well that's probably where it started.

If I wanted to dig deeper I'd say it was Baby Looney Tunes, since the characters rather prominently wear diapers for half the show so it always got my attention when it came on (oddly enough I never really got into Rugrats). I've seen like 3 people since I came back here using it as their avatar so I'm probably not the only one.

What definitely solidified it though would be My Little Pony. It was the first fandom I really engaged with, and as such the first time I learned of the.... 'dark side' of fandom. Not a fan of straight-up R34 myself, but I did pretty quickly find out that ABDL art/fanfic was a thing, and that led to more general babyfur/diaperfur stuff.
i feel like baby looney tunes influenced me too, lol.

At 13 years old I started to have a semi need for diapers but waited until at age 15 to doing gardening for money, soon after I had some money, I went and bought some diapers. the first batch was a bit big on me for a first try but i still ended up using them. the first diaper i used felt amazing, with a mixture of security and well.... pleasure. so i got hooked on being diapered but i had to keep it secret from family. i ended up hiding my diaper lover interest until age 17. at that point one of my friends younger siblings looked through my backpack while I was staying the weekend. I told her to keep it secret and so she did. at age 18, my best friend and I joined the US Army under 8 year contracts. after i left the army i went on to becoming a conservationist in california, that is when i discovered furries. soon after i left the corps, i found out about diaperfurs. though it was no surprise to me they existed but never amagined how big diaperfurs were in the civillian world. i have never met a furry let alone diaperfur in person so i dont know the general mentality of furries or diaperfurs. I am hoping i can have a friend again, even better as a diaperfur. so thats my shortest story of how i became a diaperfur.

Reactions: stimkyfox
MrUnknown said:
At 13 years old I started to have a semi need for diapers but waited until at age 15 to doing gardening for money, soon after I had some money, I went and bought some diapers. the first batch was a bit big on me for a first try but i still ended up using them. the first diaper i used felt amazing, with a mixture of security and well.... pleasure. so i got hooked on being diapered but i had to keep it secret from family. i ended up hiding my diaper lover interest until age 17. at that point one of my friends younger siblings looked through my backpack while I was staying the weekend. I told her to keep it secret and so she did. at age 18, my best friend and I joined the US Army under 8 year contracts. after i left the army i went on to becoming a conservationist in california, that is when i discovered furries. soon after i left the corps, i found out about diaperfurs. though it was no surprise to me they existed but never amagined how big diaperfurs were in the civillian world. i have never met a furry let alone diaperfur in person so i dont know the general mentality of furries or diaperfurs. I am hoping i can have a friend again, even better as a diaperfur. so thats my shortest story of how i became a diaperfur.
You can look for Furmeets in your area. Large cities generally have them. Any decently sized furmeet will have at least one babyfur there, usually secretly, but there are tells if they want to advertise to other babyfurs.

Mickey said:
You can look for Furmeets in your area. Large cities generally have them. Any decently sized furmeet will have at least one babyfur there, usually secretly, but there are tells if they want to advertise to other babyfurs.
im pretty patient when it comes to these things but longing for one forever grows so pretty soon i will start looking when i get the chance. way too busy with work though.

Cottontail said:
And on the other hand, I’m quite certain I can credit ADISC for my furriness.
Same here. I'd actually had some experience with furries in the past and had decided I hated them (I was a very puritanical teen/young adult), but then as I slowly grew out of that I got introduced to furry again via somebody linking one of the abdl comics by darkglider on here and realized that I enjoyed it. From there I discovered the comic "found", and then the comic "shine", and then obtained a couple of RL friends who were into furry and also extremely accepting of various kinks.

for me i was a closeted furry for a long time although i became a diaperfur just after i turned 20 i started having bladder control problems and stared wearing diapers although with some other very unnecessary scrutiny that id rather not go into detail with and the crappy new jersey medical care system i was officially diagnosed as incontinent in the December of 2020

Last edited:
RJDodger said:

I remember youtube videos of sonic babies. I also loved the ABDL MLP artworks too.

First, it starts with my interest in diapers. I don't know why, but it started around middle school. Just thoughts of wanting to wear it. Maybe because I was late to potty train or whatever, or maybe because I like to age regress. But back then, I didn't know the term for it.
Then for the furry part: I've known about it since middle school but never considered myself one until recently. I didn't really have much interest in being part of the fandom and just enjoyed looking at the art and being a bystander. But as of recently, I wanted to be more involved in it.
Then this eventually led to me a couple weeks ago. I found out what ABDL was when I was aimlessly browsing YouTube. Then I stumble upon babyfur/diaperfur art. So basically, I became a furry, then an ABDL, then a babyfur/diaperfur.
So, that's how it started. Quite silly

Back