What kind of diaper do you wear for sleeping?

greatlake5

Profoundly incontinent since the beginning.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I don't wear a MagaMax. I had a few of them (samples) and they're Okay. But typically I wear my usual Abena and I add a NS XL Eternadry contour booster
(10.5 X 27"). My diaper and the booster works great. They'er comfortable and provide plenty of capacity.

What do you use? Just a diaper or do you add a good booster? If so, what kind of booster? During the day I usually wear my Abena but sometimes I add the booster if I know I won't be able to change.

Reactions: Canadianfalls, AttilaThePun, Diprs2 and 1 other person
I think it is fairly well known that I wear NS MEGAMAX diaper with NS Trifecta diaper cover. The reason is the vast variation I can see night to night from a light wetting to a heavy flood. I have not found that a booster is needed. Could likely try a lighter, lower capacity diaper with a booster, but the location of the booster is right under the family jewels and I find that uncomfortable.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, PadPhilosopher, Neroforte and 2 others
Just a standard overnight capacity disposable. Usually a tykables. They're what I trust after finding lots of things I can't. No booster needed, they usually cause more problems than they solve for me. I have fortunately not had any messes escape while sleeping, yet. I am more often than not woken up by that, anyways, and deal with it accordingly.

Reactions: DLPeakOut, AttilaThePun and PadPhilosopher
Abena S4, betterdry or Rearz InControl elite depending on if its a standard school night, if I have been drinking, and if I am sleeping in the next day.

Reactions: DLPeakOut, AttilaThePun, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
Seni Quatro for overnight.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, daylight and Edgewater
I use double, night weight, prefold cloth diapers and slightly roomy urethane (EuroFlex) pants overnight.
I wear cloth to and from our ranch, and while I’m there, 250 miles from home as I have laundry facilities there.
During the work days, I’m usually wearing cloth diapers and change once (generally) at a well chosen, well maintained restroom, usually a quality restaurant at lunchtime. If there’s no appointments, I change at the office or at home.
When traveling away from laundry facilities or when cloth isn’t appropriate, I usually wear MegaMax, usually with a NS booster at night. Otherwise, I use NS Supremes (with a booster sometimes) while traveling, vacationing, etc.
Overall, I use cloth 90% or more of the time.
I never worry about leaks, day or night with cloth. Cloth doesn’t swell up when wet. I don’t feel as dry as with disposables but it takes getting ‘used to’. Cost of incontinence is much less with cloth overall. Laundry is the only down sid as I do a load of laundry every day or two max with mostly diapers. Pre-wash cycle is used if necessary for sanitary reasons.

• Love
Reactions: DLPeakOut, CLPP, ARBBB2 and 6 others
For day time use I usually wear an Abu space with a booster if infant get to a place to change of I will wear my night time diapers if I know I won't be able to change.

Night time diaper is usually a rearz critter caboose with a booster or a rearz safari with booster.

Last edited:
Reactions: AttilaThePun and PadPhilosopher
On the rare occasion I sleep in a diaper I prefer the NS GoSupreme pull-up. For me it's more comfortable than a MegaMax. I still prefer the MegaMax for daytime wear.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
thick ones so I don't leak

Reactions: AttilaThePun and Edgewater
During the first year of my IC I relied for the nights on Tena Proskin Maxi diapers - very soft and comfortable, quite reliable keeping my bed dry. Anyway, about 2 or three times per month they leaked a little bit - not much, only enough that my PJ got a little damp.
I tried out other brands and switched for the nights to the Seni Quatros. Also soft and comfortable (a little bit more expensive than the Tenas) and much more absorbent. No matter what and how much I drink in the evening, it never happened since wearing those ones that even one drop of urine came out! It's nearly incredible, waking up in the morning in a relatively soaked diaper, it's no problem to release the rest of my bladder content (if some left) without any worry into that diaper, it will only expand a little further and soak it up!

• Thinking
Reactions: Pino, AttilaThePun, PadPhilosopher and 1 other person
I wear a combination of a tens maxi slip, net fixing pants to keep it in place, padded washable inco pants and nylon or plastic waterproof pants. I sleep on a flanellette sheet and a washable bed pad to catch any leaks and the mattress is fitted with a waterproof cover.

Reactions: Constantlydamp, AttilaThePun, chamberpot and 2 others
High capacity at least 400ml and hopefully 500. Always have plastics over and rubber bloomers in bed.

Cloth prefolds and plastic pants by preference. I way prefer the looser fit of the cloth and guarantee of no side leaks compared to the plastic backed disposables I wear when away from home.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, Floodingpants and PadPhilosopher
I am in the same setup every night. Ecoables fitted diapers with a bamboo prefold under the snap in liner. I wear the Ecoables pocket diaper cover over this. Be sure to tuck the inner Gussets into the legs of the fitted diaper. No leaks, lasts all night, even with three bladders some nights.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
Currently a NS Megamax. It works really well for every kind of night and leaks rarely. I have also used an Abena M4 with a booster but it ends up maxed out or leaking more often than not.

I am still considering trying some cloth diapers at some point but just haven't pulled the trigger on testing out different items just yet to see what works.

At night I wear various brands of cloth along with plastic pants. During the day I wear some cloth diapers and some disposables.

The (NA) TENA Super is what I wear overnight with plastic pants, due to it being cloth backed. These are the most absorbent (for me) and economical when purchased from Walmart in Ontario. Only once, have I ever totally soaked this diaper including the back, which resulted in a leak around the legs of my PJ.

Ellyn said:
When traveling away from laundry facilities or when cloth isn’t appropriate, I usually wear MegaMax, usually with a NS booster at night. Otherwise, I use NS Supremes (with a booster sometimes) while traveling, vacationing, etc.
Overall, I use cloth 90% or more of the time.
I never worry about leaks, day or night with cloth. Cloth doesn’t swell up when wet. I don’t feel as dry as with disposables but it takes getting ‘used to’. Cost of incontinence is much less with cloth overall. Laundry is the only down sid as I do a load of laundry every day or two max with mostly diapers. Pre-wash cycle is used if necessary for sanitary reasons.
Totally agree that cloth takes getting used to... especially at night. But I also agree that it is worth it. ThreadedArmor protective brief with an extra pad and soaker bomb and a Protec protective brief over the top gets me through the night with nary a leak. When I can't use cloth (travel, etc.), it's BetterDry for me. My wife picks on me for doing a load of laundry every day... Oh well... she doesn't know how happy she is that I don't wait a few days to wash :).

• Love
Reactions: AttilaThePun, AUG168 and Edgewater
Still working through my trial pack of Better Drys but they do well for me at night being a primary stomach sleeper. Will put plastic pants on as well if I have had a decent amount to drink. Also the Seni Pro's that I use for the day time I was using at night with a Seni Booster and that too works perfectly.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, HappyCamper and Edgewater
Edgewater said:
I think it is fairly well known that I wear NS MEGAMAX diaper with NS Trifecta diaper cover. The reason is the vast variation I can see night to night from a light wetting to a heavy flood. I have not found that a booster is needed. Could likely try a lighter, lower capacity diaper with a booster, but the location of the booster is right under the family jewels and I find that uncomfortable.
Completely agree with the boosters being uncomfortable. I very rarely use boosters, I have the same pack of boosters that I probably bought 2 years ago. Wore one Sunday with a Megamax to go see Killers of the Flower Moon because the movie is 3 and a half hours long. It was just not comfortable.

Reactions: Constantlydamp, AttilaThePun, daylight and 1 other person
Back