What is this type of person?

I would say, the ABDL community has many different expressions.
You like nappies, binkies and bottles? Enjoy!
You like playing with kids toys? Enjoy!

It looks like a toddler or small kid interests, not a baby. But ABDL is quite large and you're part of the community.
Pure DLs are part of the community, even if they have no attraction to baby/toddler/kids things.

So yes, you are ABDL but with Little tendencies, not the B of ABDL. Nobody cares!

Maybe ABDL is not the best acronym to describe the variety of our community but at least, it exists and we exist, it's enough for me.

Reactions: BBBen and dogboy
TabaCrate said:
I would say, the ABDL community has many different expressions.
You like nappies, binkies and bottles? Enjoy!
You like playing with kids toys? Enjoy!

It looks like a toddler or small kid interests, not a baby. But ABDL is quite large and you're part of the community.
Pure DLs are part of the community, even if they have no attraction to baby/toddler/kids things.

So yes, you are ABDL but with Little tendencies, not the B of ABDL. Nobody cares!

Maybe ABDL is not the best acronym to describe the variety of our community but at least, it exists and we exist, it's enough for me.
Ok thank you for your insights. I will be less concerned about the classifications. Sorry classifications are a preoccupation of mine.

JonahAteAWhale said:
Hi!

I am not an Adult Baby although I've had periods in my life where I've had a dummy and bottle in addition to nappies which I've always liked, mostly on and off as a teenager.

These days I play with action figures and lego, and watch a lot of cartoons, but I do not believe I am playing a role, it's just what I want to do. I also wear nappies (but I have throughout my life anyway and now use them to manage incontinence as well as just liking them.) So what am I classed as? Am I a DL? I don't really want another person to look after me, as I would be embarrassed and not enjoy it, but I do want a robot to pick up after me and change my nappy and cook for me and stuff as would have happened by my caregivers under the age of 10. So a bit confused as to what I am classed as. Also what does it mean psychologically? Am I emotionally immature? People seem to think I am autistic, and I do have a diagnosed mental health condition just not autism.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice :)
I'm like this and I go between calling myself a little and a kidult. There are others who call it age dreaming.

JonahAteAWhale said:
I see ok. But I do not pretend to be a child mind you. I just like toys, cartoons, wearing nappies, snacks... it is just what I like. Or does that count?
I don't pretend to be a kid either, though I do occasionally act like one. I consider pretending and acting to be different things.

Last edited:
labels/classifications those i believed were created to help people identify others who share common personality traits. they aren't guidelines or rule to live by. everyone is unique so no one will fit directly into a classification. sounds like you enjoy embracing your little side which is a cool thing to do. everyone has a little side to them it is just stronger in some, and there is nothing shameful or embarrassing about exploring it and letting it shine through. as a person we all have many sides that make us up so you can be various things at various times. i don't believe that exploring your little side or any side is playing a role it is just you being yourself in true form. you don't need a classification to belong or define you just be proud to say I am Me.

mistykitty said:
I agree with @ianwee here. I honestly think classifying things and people is unnecessary. It's not fair to stick a label on yourself or someone else because you feel you have to. Be happy as you are and you have some great people here in the community to talk to.
As an analyst I couldn't disagree more. Sometimes, but not necessary all the time, things do need to be correctly labeled.
I would not be able to do my job if I could not use labels, tags etc. where needed. My job would be utterly pointless without them.
But to slap on a label, any label, just because you can? That is stupid, it will only confuse sorted data with nonsense.

At the same time, I agree that we should be cautious about over-labeling or applying labels unnecessarily, especially when it comes to people. Sticking rigid labels on individuals can be reductive and fail to capture the nuance and complexity of human identity and experience.

The key is finding the right balance - using labels judiciously where they serve a clear purpose, but avoiding the impulse to classify everything and everyone just because we can. Maintaining flexibility, empathy and an open mind is important, especially when it comes to more personal aspects of identity. The goal should be to use labels as tools, not as constraints.

That being said, labels should always have a clear reason for existing, or else they should be permanently removed...

• Thinking
Reactions: mistykitty
JonahAteAWhale said:
Ok thank you for your insights. I will be less concerned about the classifications. Sorry classifications are a preoccupation of mine.
One can call me an Adult Child.
I am "Little" most of the time, playing with LEGO and toy cars and trucks.

JonahAteAWhale said:
I guess if I could pick a term it would be: normal. But I don't think I am that lol. Or maybe I am?
You're a little, you like childish things, toys and diapers if you didn't like the diapers I'd label you a middle and yes I'm labelling because you made the post asking for it.

Back