What is this type of person?

JonahAteAWhale

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi!

I am not an Adult Baby although I've had periods in my life where I've had a dummy and bottle in addition to nappies which I've always liked, mostly on and off as a teenager.

These days I play with action figures and lego, and watch a lot of cartoons, but I do not believe I am playing a role, it's just what I want to do. I also wear nappies (but I have throughout my life anyway and now use them to manage incontinence as well as just liking them.) So what am I classed as? Am I a DL? I don't really want another person to look after me, as I would be embarrassed and not enjoy it, but I do want a robot to pick up after me and change my nappy and cook for me and stuff as would have happened by my caregivers under the age of 10. So a bit confused as to what I am classed as. Also what does it mean psychologically? Am I emotionally immature? People seem to think I am autistic, and I do have a diagnosed mental health condition just not autism.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice :)

Reactions: longallsboy and KBoy
Sounds like you might just be an AC (Adult Child) or Little in addition to DL based on what you have written.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and KBoy
mistykitty said:
Sounds like you might just be an AC (Adult Child) or Little in addition to DL based on what you have written.
I see ok. But I do not pretend to be a child mind you. I just like toys, cartoons, wearing nappies, snacks... it is just what I like. Or does that count?

Reactions: longallsboy and KBoy
JonahAteAWhale said:
Hi!

I am not an Adult Baby although I've had periods in my life where I've had a dummy and bottle in addition to nappies which I've always liked, mostly on and off as a teenager.

These days I play with action figures and lego, and watch a lot of cartoons, but I do not believe I am playing a role, it's just what I want to do. I also wear nappies (but I have throughout my life anyway and now use them to manage incontinence as well as just liking them.) So what am I classed as? Am I a DL? I don't really want another person to look after me, as I would be embarrassed and not enjoy it, but I do want a robot to pick up after me and change my nappy and cook for me and stuff as would have happened by my caregivers under the age of 10. So a bit confused as to what I am classed as. Also what does it mean psychologically? Am I emotionally immature? People seem to think I am autistic, and I do have a diagnosed mental health condition just not autism.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice :)
Hi JonahAteAWhale. Welcome to adisc, a community of people who mostly share an interest in diapers. We are very friendly, supportive and approachable here - and a lot of us are also autistic or have other conditions.
Today's world seems to be determined to classify people - in terms of age, gender, sex, race, colour, employment status, and all sorts of other labels. But in reality we are all individuals with our own unique characteristics that rarely, if ever, fit into a general classification that has any real meaning. We are who we are, and that's it! Every one of us is different, and that's what makes us all interesting. Yes it can be difficult trying to find your place in the world, and think I can understand why you might want to label yourself as a DL. However, I think you will find that here it really doesn't matter all that much how you are classified - what's more important is that you are able to be a part of this wonderful group of people, and to learn to accept yourself, and be happy just as the person you are, with or without 'labels'. Hopefully you will feel confident to participate in this community, make friends, and feel more comfortable with others and with yourself.

• Love
Reactions: dbot99, BBBen, TeeMousy and 4 others
i agree with @mistykitty you are probably a little, many people here regress and have a baby age, but i am just little KBoy all the time. Toys diapers pacifier and sissy baby clothes. My behavior doesn't sound to much different than yours.
Hey Baby, your ABDL 😸

• Thinking
Reactions: BBBen and mistykitty
ianwee said:
Hi JonahAteAWhale. Welcome to adisc, a community of people who mostly share an interest in diapers. We are very friendly, supportive and approachable here - and a lot of us are also autistic or have other conditions.
Today's world seems to be determined to classify people - in terms of age, gender, sex, race, colour, employment status, and all sorts of other labels. But in reality we are all individuals with our own unique characteristics that rarely, if ever, fit into a general classification that has any real meaning. We are who we are, and that's it! Every one of us is different, and that's what makes us all interesting. Yes it can be difficult trying to find your place in the world, and think I can understand why you might want to label yourself as a DL. However, I think you will find that here it really doesn't matter all that much how you are classified - what's more important is that you are able to be a part of this wonderful group of people, and to learn to accept yourself, and be happy just as the person you are, with or without 'labels'. Hopefully you will feel confident to participate in this community, make friends, and feel more comfortable with others and with yourself.
I agree with @ianwee here. I honestly think classifying things and people is unnecessary. It's not fair to stick a label on yourself or someone else because you feel you have to. Be happy as you are and you have some great people here in the community to talk to.

• Sad
Reactions: BwBunny, BBBen, ianwee and 1 other person
KBoy said:
i agree with @mistykitty you are probably a little, many people here regress and have a baby age, but i am just little KBoy all the time. Toys diapers pacifier and sissy baby clothes. My behavior doesn't sound to much different than yours.
Hey Baby, your ABDL 😸
I don't like labeling anything or anyone though, I actually hate it. I just made a speculation about that based on the parameters our community gives. I didn't say they were or weren't. I'm more someone who believes in what @ianwee said labels don't matter so much, it's about who you are not what you call yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBBen, VeiledDevotee, ianwee and 1 other person
mistykitty said:
I don't like labeling anything though. I just made a speculation about that. I didn't say they were or weren't. I'm more someone who believes in what @ianwee said labels don't matter, it's about who you are not what you call yourself.
Thanks mistykitty!

Reactions: mistykitty and KBoy
Okay Okay im a bad baby
i just tried to help
now im a bad baby 😾
I'm ABDL, not anyone else
just me, the bad baby

• Thinking
Reactions: mistykitty
Oh dear! It isn't either 'good' or 'bad' to want to identify yourself with a particular 'label' really is it? I think that all of us - @KBoy, @mistykitty, and myself accept that. The issue is more that when a person feels the strong need to 'self-label' , then that more about that person's self-image, self-esteem and self-confidence. Ideally we should all be happy and confident in who and what we are - but most of us also need at least to feel that other people are accepting of who we are too. It's great that the three of us have tried - in the ways that we think are best - to give some positive advice and show understanding towards and empathy for @JonahAteAWhale, who I think desperately needs reassurance that it is perfectly okay for him to be just the person he is, without having to identify himself as AB, DL or any other simplistic abbreviation of his persona.
We were all trying to help in our own way, which is lovely, but we each naturally have a slightly differing viewpoint.
Maybe the way forward is for us to help is to use these exchanges we have had to show @JonahAteAWhale that it is quite okay to disagree, and that the fact that we do not all 'have the same label' it is okay, and we can all get along with each other just fine, and it's okay if the advice we each give isn't exactly the same ..... because we are all different, all unique, and that is a wonderful thing!

Reactions: BBBen, VeiledDevotee, chickpea and 2 others
ianwee said:
Wow thank you for this lovely message :) Your kindness and warmth shines through :)

• Love
Reactions: ianwee, KBoy and mistykitty
@ianwee Exactly why i hate classifying things and people and individuals feeling this is necessary. I don't care what someone do or say about something or someone but there are to many nuances. And anyway who wants to be referred to in a object type sense of way, not most. Also, as you mentioned everyone has some subjective interpretation of everything as well that can sometimes change a stance. Uniqueness should be embraced not frowned upon.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BBBen, ianwee and KBoy
ianwee said:
Oh dear! It isn't either 'good' or 'bad' to want to identify yourself with a particular 'label' really is it? I think that all of us - @KBoy, @mistykitty, and myself accept that. The issue is more that when a person feels the strong need to 'self-label' , then that more about that person's self-image, self-esteem and self-confidence. Ideally we should all be happy and confident in who and what we are - but most of us also need at least to feel that other people are accepting of who we are too. It's great that the three of us have tried - in the ways that we think are best - to give some positive advice and show understanding towards and empathy for @JonahAteAWhale, who I think desperately needs reassurance that it is perfectly okay for him to be just the person he is, without having to identify himself as AB, DL or any other simplistic abbreviation of his persona.
We were all trying to help in our own way, which is lovely, but we each naturally have a slightly differing viewpoint.
Maybe the way forward is for us to help is to use these exchanges we have had to show @JonahAteAWhale that it is quite okay to disagree, and that the fact that we do not all 'have the same label' it is okay, and we can all get along with each other just fine, and it's okay if the advice we each give isn't exactly the same ..... because we are all different, all unique, and that

I did not want to quote this but I cannot delete it because I am on mobile. I did not mean to cause an argument. I guess I meant that it was mostly when I was a teenager that I sucked a dummy (pacifier) and had a bottle as well as wearing nappies. I remember it was so nice to curl up to sleep. But I don't now though. Maybe I would if it was easy to keep bottles and dummies clean secretly or and I wasn't so embarrassed about it I suppose. I feel stupid about it because I am too old.

• Love
Reactions: BBBen, mistykitty, ianwee and 1 other person
There is no argument, i like to think we are all freinds here with something in common that we just can't share with the world.
That said, labels can lead to stereotype, be hurtful or derogatory. They can also help us explain ourselves.
The point is that i labeled @JonahAteAWhale which was wrong, and i am a bad baby, but i am still a baby and learning.
Thanks everyone for pointing this out, and i will try to post more responsibly in the future.
And JonahAteAWhale i am following you 🐅🐅🐅

• Love
Reactions: BBBen, mistykitty and ianwee
I don't necessarily regress in the way other people describe it, or put another way my experiences seem very different from what others express. My thought process's etc remain pretty consistent with 'big' me so aspects of myself awareness don't really feel different - - but I still consider little me to be separate or other even though in many respects I don't always feel different when I am in 'little mode' (although for me that is 8-12 yo ) But still worth noting that little me is very different in some respects from big me, liking different things than I do like sports, even some different foods! So there is a bit of a dissociative aspect to him in that respect I suppose. But my point is that there are many different ways to play and experience this and it's okay to have something uniquely you and there is a good likelyhood your expression and understanding of that can change and evolve too.

Reactions: BBBen, ianwee, mistykitty and 1 other person
JonahAteAWhale said:
I did not want to quote this but I cannot delete it because I am on mobile. I did not mean to cause an argument. I guess I meant that it was mostly when I was a teenager that I sucked a dummy (pacifier) and had a bottle as well as wearing nappies. I remember it was so nice to curl up to sleep. But I don't now though. Maybe I would if it was easy to keep bottles and dummies clean secretly or and I wasn't so embarrassed about it I suppose. I feel stupid about it because I am too old.

JonahAteAWhale said:
Hey JonahAteAWhale, you didn't cause an argument! Please don't think that! What has happened here is that three different people have expressed their opinion about 'labelling', in an attempt to try to understand what you are going through, and to try to help with that. The fact that we might disagree slightly, but that we can still listen to each other's points of view without 'falling out' with each other is one of the great strengths of this community. Everyone here might have different advice to give you, but we are all trying to help you essentially to feel better about yourself, which I hope we may have done. You have no need to feel embarrassed or ashamed of yourself and how you feel. As I see it you have done nothing that hurts or harms anybody else, and I hope that you will see from other people's experiences on here that you are not alone, and in fact you are actually in a safe place here where you can openly discuss your feelings and doubts without being judged or criticised.

• Love
Reactions: BBBen and KBoy
You can label yourself however you want. Some like labels, some don't. I just see them as tools for simplifying how we think about ourselves and others. Sometimes that's useful, sometimes it's not.

I use the abdl label myself since I think it's close enough, but it's not exact. Other than diapers and some other toddler things, my interests and tastes are more along the lines of an older child like 5-10.

Reactions: BBBen, redprtodd and KBoy
ianwee said:
Hey JonahAteAWhale, you didn't cause an argument! Please don't think that! What has happened here is that three different people have expressed their opinion about 'labelling', in an attempt to try to understand what you are going through, and to try to help with that. The fact that we might disagree slightly, but that we can still listen to each other's points of view without 'falling out' with each other is one of the great strengths of this community. Everyone here might have different advice to give you, but we are all trying to help you essentially to feel better about yourself, which I hope we may have done. You have no need to feel embarrassed or ashamed of yourself and how you feel. As I see it you have done nothing that hurts or harms anybody else, and I hope that you will see from other people's experiences on here that you are not alone, and in fact you are actually in a safe place here where you can openly discuss your feelings and doubts without being judged or criticised.
Thank you for this message :) You are very kind :)

lilSorcerer said:
You can label yourself however you want. Some like labels, some don't. I just see them as tools for simplifying how we think about ourselves and others. Sometimes that's useful, sometimes it's not.

I use the abdl label myself since I think it's close enough, but it's not exact. Other than diapers and some other toddler things, my interests and tastes are more along the lines of an older child like 5-10.
Ah you see this is where I am confused I think. So it is determined by your interests and tastes? My interests are very broad, encompassing piloting, history, philosophy, theology and cosmology, psychology, computing, recently I have been interested in mechanical engineering and electronics. I am not awfully bright and I fail to retain much information. My interests also include TV, video games, nappies, toys, snacks. But I go through phases of intense interest in something new or one of my older interests, but always settle back into TV and videogames and I've also always liked nappies.

Reactions: BBBen and KBoy
I guess if I could pick a term it would be: normal. But I don't think I am that lol. Or maybe I am?

Back