What do you want to get off your mind?

Lumen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi!

I don't know if this is a good idea and/or it's allowed, but I thought: Let's start a topic where you can talk about anything that's on your mind. Just a topic to release it when you really need/want to.

I'm very new to this forum, but I think you are very nice and some of you feel like 'friends'. Maybe we can support each other in this topic. It can be about anything: both positive and negative thoughts/feelings.

I hope you feel better after releasing! :)

• Love
Reactions: tbjay, lil_baby_tigger, mommysgirlthing and 3 others
On my mind:
1. I’m ready to finally settle in my new place after sleeping on my in-laws couch for almost two months.
2. I hope sharing a roof with the person I’m divorcing improves as our roles grow more independent.
3. I hope I can turn in my room in to an awesome nursery and find peace there.
4. I hope I lose the last 10 or so pounds to hit my goal.
5. I wish I could see my momma more often.
6. I hope I can keep my job when all this is said and done.
7. I wish everyone happiness and joy!

• Love
Reactions: Fireheat, BlizzardKid, mommysgirlthing and 1 other person
onecho said:
On my mind:
1. I’m ready to finally settle in my new place after sleeping on my in-laws couch for almost two months.
2. I hope sharing a roof with the person I’m divorcing improves as our roles grow more independent.
3. I hope I can turn in my room in to an awesome nursery and find peace there.
4. I hope I lose the last 10 or so pounds to hit my goal.
5. I wish I could see my momma more often.
6. I hope I can keep my job when all this is said and done.
7. I wish everyone happiness and joy!

Congratz with your new place! I hope it feels like home. :)

Reactions: BlizzardKid and onecho
I'm sometimes very mean to myself. I have a lot of dreams and can't make them work, because it's me who's in the way. Today is a day that I can't let it go.

• Sad
Reactions: Lyokodl and lil_baby_tigger
Lumen said:
I'm sometimes very mean to myself. I have a lot of dreams and can't make them work, because it's me who's in the way. Today is a day that I can't let it go.
I think I can relate to this in some way. I have some big dreams at the moment and sometimes I am my own worst enemy. Inner demons and all that.

I’ve been cooking a lot more lately.

Any recommendations for pizza? I find I keep getting it onto the pizza stone, but it sort of curls up on itself a lot, even with cornmeal on the bottom.

I think I’ve got pancakes down. I’ve been doing them on the griddle that came with the stove - it’s way better than the electric griddle I’ve been using for years.

I’ve got a fridge full of yellow rice with ground beef at the moment; I think I’m going to turn at least some of that into fried rice. Any spice recommendations for something like that? Last time I made it, it turned out a bit plain.

There’s this specialty candy store I purchase from online called PD.net, who do a lot of oddball candy flavors. This isn’t really related with cooking, but I bought a pack of candies from there flavored with, believe it or not, mushrooms! (Not drug related or anything, of course - an actual edible variety of mushrooms, like portabellas.) These were flavored with this kind of mushroom known as a Candy Cap, which has a taste kind of like something between dark honey and maple syrup - it’s really good. If you’re into obscure flavors and vintage candy, I strongly recommend checking out their website or YouTube channel.

Last edited:
Oh what a wonderful topic, very thoughtful of you to post this here.

For me two things are dominating my mind;

1. My Dad is not doing well health wise and seemed to have early dementia but after other tests it seem it probably is too much fluid in his spine. It explains a lot of his quick decline in health and general well being, he seems 100x times more stressed lately and gets exhausted super easily. My Mom is with him but I still wish I could be with them more (they live in another city, kind of far away) just for support and to try and help out a little more.

2. The other is my divorce that I'm going through, I have put it off long enough and need to finalize it for my peace of mind. My ex kind of scares me and I don't feel safe getting into any kind of fight with her about anything. Luckily we have no kids and no major possessions, such as a house to attempt to split up either. Still it reminds me that those things that sit on our mind every day, even for a short while deserved to be dealt with as soon as possible. Now that it is finally in motion I feel the deepest sense of relief and happiness.

Reactions: Blathers and MisterRabbit
Lumen said:
I can totally relate to that myself. The only thing that gets in everyone’s way is their own mind. It wasn’t until I totally accepted that diapers are a part of who I am that I became much happier. No more shame!

Reactions: Lumen and mommysgirlthing
My work/life balance is gone. I sit in the same chair at the same desk from 6 in the morning to about 8 or 9 at night.

Mentally, I'm still in March-someone told me that it's "Coronatime", and I don't mean the beer. I lose track of the days, so much that it just has felt like one long week.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: mommysgirlthing
In my adult life, I desperately want to find a new job. My current job has me stressed out, and I've advanced as far as I'm going to be able to.
Unfortunately, the companies that did offer me a position, ended up rescinding them due to the current state of affairs. I suppose I should be grateful that I'm working, but with my stress levels and anxiety at elevated levels it's hard to think about that.

I also want to return back to NH for good (I travel a lot for work), but it may mean not having my Mommy with me for quite awhile if I do.

Last edited:
i am starting to struggle with my previous disordered eating habits and i am finding my body dysmorphia is hitting me almost daily when i shower. it has been really hard to keep myself on track, when things are out of my control i turn to my ED and i really cant afford to derail over nothing. its just challenging because my monkey brain says all the icky things.

secondly my father has high blood pressure and he has never made a serious attempt at lowering it... i just worry that he will have a heart attack especially because my step mother is having so many scares with heart palpitations.

although to end on a good note i have been clean from self harm for 7 months a few days ago!

• Love
Reactions: Blathers and KaleidoscopeKitty
lopearedboy said:
i am starting to struggle with my previous disordered eating habits and i am finding my body dysmorphia is hitting me almost daily when i shower. it has been really hard to keep myself on track, when things are out of my control i turn to my ED and i really cant afford to derail over nothing. its just challenging because my monkey brain says all the icky things.

secondly my father has high blood pressure and he has never made a serious attempt at lowering it... i just worry that he will have a heart attack especially because my step mother is having so many scares with heart palpitations.

although to end on a good note i have been clean from self harm for 7 months a few days ago!
Congratulations on being self-harm free for 7 months, that is such a huge achievement. I have been clean for 40 days, diapers are definitely helping with that and stopping my stresses get on top of me to the point I need to harm myself.

I used to have an ED and although it doesn’t dictate my life anymore and my weight is normal I still have issues with disordered eating and habits such as starvation or purging come back when I’m struggling. I’m sorry you have similar issues, it is really hard. I feel like I am on a constant roller coaster when it comes to dealing with my mental health issues. I don’t think I’m in much of a position to give any helpful advice, but just wanted to say that I understand and always happy to talk if you ever need someone to listen to amd help keep you on track.

Reactions: Blathers
I am very much so worried about college, I am a control freak, love it when all my ducks are in a row lol
(within reason)

and waiting on ppl to give me answers, and being so stupid about what to do, has made me feel so anxious
I dont wanna mess up, that fear hangs over me. Having multiple scenarios about what can go wrong makes me want to vomit (and I have)

I love academia dont get me wrong, but college is like i dunno it just scares me :(

phew okay got that off meh chest

• Sad
Reactions: Lyokodl
hodori779 said:
My work/life balance is gone. I sit in the same chair at the same desk from 6 in the morning to about 8 or 9 at night.

Mentally, I'm still in March-someone told me that it's "Coronatime", and I don't mean the beer. I lose track of the days, so much that it just has felt like one long week.

Ish. What kinda job is this?

Last edited:
On my mind:
1. Is there going to be another stimulus check? I don't need it to survive but it will go to stimulating the economy for sure (want to buy a new desktop and home office furniture to work remotely, comfortably, productively)
2. Will there be football this fall? Will the NBA, MLB, and NHL seasons finish uninterrupted.
3. Gratitude. I have few problems at the moment. Wishing you all well. Thanks for the thread.

ManeWulf said:
I’ve been cooking a lot more lately.

Any recommendations for pizza? I find I keep getting it onto the pizza stone, but it sort of curls up on itself a lot, even with cornmeal on the bottom.

[...]

I’ve got a fridge full of yellow rice with ground beef at the moment; I think I’m going to turn at least some of that into fried rice. Any spice recommendations for something like that?

Hmmm... Not sure but surprised if you are using cornmeal that is happening. Is the pizza stone ceramic or just a regular stone? Have you tried either preheating or NOT heating the stone?

I think chinese five spice may be good for beef and rice.

It’s a bit trivial in the end but my laptop has been giving me issues and I’m worried about it. It’s crashed a couple of times these few weeks and a game save file for my fav game was corrupted due to it so yee

• Sad
BlizzardKid said:
Hmmm... Not sure but surprised if you are using cornmeal that is happening. Is the pizza stone ceramic or just a regular stone? Have you tried either preheating or NOT heating the stone?

I think chinese five spice may be good for beef and rice.
Do you enjoy sourdough crust for pizza? It has become my favorite. 😋

onecho said:
Do you enjoy sourdough crust for pizza? It has become my favorite. 😋

Lol, don't know if I have heard of it.

BlizzardKid said:
Lol, don't know if I have heard of it.
Since you’re also in Idaho, the place that makes it best is in Lewiston. If you ever blow through there, try Southway Pizza. Phenomenal crust and a great menu overall. 👍

Reactions: Deleted member 69668
Back