What do you answer for a good friend asking "are you wearing a diaper?"

greatlake5 said:
I'm not sure she's intrigued. Probably more just curious (I think). We're going to cycle on Sunday and she want's to kayak on Monday (she loves my house and the beach near the dunes). I'm sure she'll be asking at some point. I suppose I'll let her ask the questions and I'll keep the answers simple but direct. As for her being interested, I think we both are.
I have a question for you can I private message you

joshdiaper202 said:
I have a question for you can I private message you
If you want.

I think you handled it pretty well. As everyone has noted, it's pretty obvious she's into you.

There's a very good chance she has suspected or known about the diapers for a while, and also knew the bridge had to be crossed for things to go further. Just as you're nervous about it, she needed a couple drinks to get the courage to bring it up.

Edit: There's also that one-in-million chance that she's one of us. That may or may not appeal to you, but it is possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, puravidadip, OnePiece and 2 others
greatlake5 said:
I'm profoundly IC. I only tell a very few friends. I've always been discreet, even with friends. I don't wave that IC flag. But I have this one friend and she finally knew that I'm IC. She said she knew that I wasn't using any bathroom. I was with a group of friends and was in a bar, eating dinner and having a few glasses of wine and beer. It went on for a couple of hours. And I never went to the bathroom. Apparently she looked at my crotch and later she whispered "your pants looked kind of different." I said, embarrassingly, "what do you mean?" She looked down at my pants and said "I'm not sure but they look different." Everyone finally left except me and her. I finally gave here a lift. During the drive she kept asking which made me uncomfortable. I have a few employees (2 of them) who know I'm IC. One I told and the other (a woman) figured it out. But both of them don't ask me anything personal. But this friend of mine wouldn't let it go. I know my diaper had come fairly wet but I didn't think it was obvious. She finally said that it looked like I was wearing a diaper. "What?" She said it looked like a diaper. I thought I'd die. She was doing it while laughing.

She wanted to go back to my house and have another glass of wine. So we did. I was hoping that she stopped asking me but no, she was insistent the whole time. You have to remember she's been a great friend for 5 years. We play tennis together and we cycle almost every weekend. I became comfortable with her and I never thought that she might have figured it out. After a couple more glasses she asked me again "are you wearing a diaper?" Then she sat closer and finally touched my crotch. She said I haven't gone to the bathroom the whole time. Touching my crotch turned my head away. I was so embarrassed. I think she knew I was so uncomfortable. She said that it was OK if I was wearing a diaper but she wondered why. So what do you do? The only thing I could do was tell her. So I did. I kept it simple. I have health issues but it doesn't stop me from doing anything I like. I was hoping that that would be the end of that. I drove her home and said I was sorry for not being more open. She said she was sorry for asking so many private questions. I guess that was the end of that. Hopefully.

What would you do when a good friends ask you about wearing a diaper? Most of the time I'm the one who tells them first. Then she got me stunned. I think I answered her question but I know she wants more. But I'm so private about that. It's personal. Do you have a better response? I'm sure she will see me next weekend when we go bicycling. And knowing her she will be asking me again. What would you do?

/
Maybe she likes diapers lol idk just tell her? Or maybe she likes u idk don't know her life or yours only u know... she's super interested might ask her hey u want one u keep asking 🤣😅

Reactions: Diprs2
greatlake5 said:
As for her being interested, I think we both are.
Enough said!
If we do get together as boyfriend and girlfriend I know that I'll have to tell her everything. It's frightening.
What's frightening? She already knows the basics of what's going on with you.

Can you see yourself in a lifelong relationship with this person? If so, then work on the relationship and let the conversation go where it needs to go at the appropriate time(s). Maybe tell her you need a few weeks of just getting to know her better (one on one dates) and then you will talk about your health issues. The subject was breached by her initially, now it's your turn to decide when to talk about the subject again. Ultimately, if she feels that you are embarrassed about this area of your life and refuse to discuss it, she will rethink if the relationship can work.

I hope you can get out of your head and just enjoy her company. Good Luck!

Reactions: Diprs2, lilbabyjooce and Kittyinpink
MaxxH said:
I think you handled it pretty well. As everyone has noted, it's pretty obvious she's into you.

There's a very good chance she has suspected or known about the diapers for a while, and also knew the bridge had to be crossed for things to go further. Just as you're nervous about it, she needed a couple drinks to get the courage to bring it up.

Edit: There's also that one-in-million chance that she's one of us. That may or may not appeal to you, but it is possible.
That did cross my mind ! Slim chance indeed! But...

MaxxH said:
There's a very good chance she has suspected or known about the diapers for a while

Edit: There's also that one-in-million chance that she's one of us.
Suspected? Probably. As for abdl, I'm just IC. I think most IC people might be curious about abdl. Being labeled abdl for me is problematic. But I admit
that I have invasive thoughts even though it feels kind of fetishy and weird. I'm not sure I have tendencies. But most IC people are influenced by sexual experiences. And when I was young and I was always diapered (because of my IC), everything developed normally except for being diapered. Yeah,
I'm kind of obsessive and neurotic about wearing diapers(my therapist says so but she does it while laughing). But being "one-in-million," I doubt she's one of those abdl people. And me too.

CheshireCat said:
She already knows the basics of what's going on with you.
CheshireCat said:
Can you see yourself in a lifelong relationship with this person? If so, then work on the relationship and let the conversation go where it needs to go at the appropriate time(s).
Yes, she knows but not to the full story.
greatlake5 said:
She said that it was OK if I was wearing a diaper but she wondered why. So what do you do? The only thing I could do was tell her. So I did. I kept it simple. I have health issues but it doesn't stop me from doing anything I like. I was sorry for not being more open. She said she was sorry for asking so many private questions.
And yes, I think I could see a longtime relationship and working on it will certainly find the appropriate time. Like this weekend. No more apologizes.
For both of us.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2 and LePew
greatlake5 said:
Yes, she knows but not to the full story.

And yes, I think I could see a longtime relationship and working on it will certainly find the appropriate time. Like this weekend. No more apologizes.
For both of us.
Can I please private message you

joshdiaper202 said:
Can I please private message you
Just write in the "conversations" section. Don't know how to private message.

greatlake5 said:
Just write in the "conversations" section. Don't know how to private message.
I can send you a private message

greatlake5 said:
Being labeled abdl for me is problematic. But I admit hat I have invasive thoughts even though it feels kind of fetishy and weird. I'm not sure I have tendencies.
Didn't mean to label YOU, The Venn diagrams of IC and ABDL do intersect. We see some evidence of that here. My gut feeling is the intersect area isn't that big. Certainly not 100%. You and I share an interest in a certain type of product, but for different reasons.

I was thinking more about the possibility that she might be ABDL. You might be able to tell if she had strong AB tendencies. DL's like me are more invisible. If we hung out IRL, you would never guess. Mrs. Maxx hasn't guessed in 40 years of marriage. My love of diapers is very much a solitary pursuit, some kind of sensory attraction. Her knowing, or heaven forbid, participating, wouldn't enhance my enjoyment and would probably feel weird. Yeah, I know, I probably need a therapist.

My thought exercise revolved around how I (or you) would feel if someone liked me BECAUSE of my diapers rather than in spite of them. Kind of like being a woman with big boobs. Is it a turn off, or do you just roll with it?

greatlake5 said:
I'm not sure she's intrigued. Probably more just curious (I think). We're going to cycle on Sunday and she want's to kayak on Monday (she loves my house and the beach near the dunes). I'm sure she'll be asking at some point. I'll let her ask the questions and I'll keep the answers simple but direct.
Did she ask? Yes, she did. We had a wonderful weekend. Cycling on Saturday. On Sunday 5 other friends came by and we all went kayaking in Lake Michigan. Then had a BBQ on the deck at my house. Monday was just the two of us. Brunch and relaxing during the day. We talked about my "issues." So yes, she asked and I answered. Simple and direct. It worked.

Reactions: Diprs2, munkey, OnePiece and 6 others
I just tell anyone who asks truth. I am incontinent due to diabetic nerve damage and have to wear nappies as I wet uncontrollably.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Angelapinks
greatlake5 said:
Did she ask? Yes, she did. We had a wonderful weekend. Cycling on Saturday. On Sunday 5 other friends came by and we all went kayaking in Lake Michigan. Then had a BBQ on the deck at my house. Monday was just the two of us. Brunch and relaxing during the day. We talked about my "issues." So yes, she asked and I answered. Simple and direct. It worked.
Good for you, happy you have someone you can be open about this topic with now.

Random side question... what do you wear while you play tennis??? I have been wanting to start playing but I don't want people to notice my diapers.

It sounds like she is definitely interested in you! Let us know how it goes. Perhaps it is something, perhaps not, but if you don't ask you don't get!

I have a few employees who I thought for sure know but IDK maybe they don't? I have to change regularly and my dips fill up the small trash can we share in the bathroom.

• Sad
Reactions: Diprs2 and Angelapinks
I've been asked a few times and always tell them truth, I am wearing diapers and leave it at that. That usually satisfies them and no further questions or follow-up is necessary.

puravidadip said:
I have a few employees who I thought for sure know but IDK maybe they don't? I have to change regularly and my dips fill up the small trash can we share in the bathroom.
As was pointed out somewhere else(?), people easily forget when it's not their problem.

"yes"

MaxxH said:
You and I share an interest in a certain type of product, but for different reasons.
I agree. Protection for me is important, not for reasons you're interested for diapers. Simply living a normal life. Without protection life would be
difficult at best.
greatlake5 said:
Being labeled abdl for me is problematic. But I admit that I have invasive thoughts even though it feels kind of fetishy and weird. I'm not sure I have tendencies.
It's always been somewhat a struggle. I don't consider myself as an abdl person per se. Tendencies? Not really but I do understand it. Like I said, it does feel a bit of "fetishy and weird." And I worried that she might think I'm one myself.

As for her, she's extremely smart (legal secretary and manager), degree with political science (never went for being a lawyer - she said she makes more money than any lawyer associate) and comes from a large family. She's kind of small (short ~ 5' 3"), thin, dark skin (american-greek), thick, dark and curly hair, along with amazingly piercing and sparkling blue eyes. Terminally cute. Killer. And yeah, passionate, at least for kissing. What else can I say?

She seems to be very understanding. She wanted to see me wearing a diaper. Maybe some day. She's felt my diaper under my clothes when

So I guess that's the start. Plenty of time.

Reactions: Diprs2, furry121, OnePiece and 5 others
Back