What adult diapers most resemble pampers

bambinod said:
Rearz Vintage Replica:

actual Pampers (phases):
180231620_vintage-pampers-disposable-diapers-plastic-backing-size-.jpg

ABU SDK:

actual Pampers (baby dry):
2662231597_fee4efe6fe_b.jpg
Oh how I miss the Shiney crinkley plastic of the older pampers. I wish some company can step up to bring us these as ab/dL diapers with the exact same construction and appearance of these.

Reactions: RandyLvsdiapers and Chinababy888
DanielW said:
the SDK's come pretty close - I don't think you'll find anything Exactly like the old pampers, because adults don't have the same physical proportions as babies/toddlers

Im mostly referring to the texture of the plastic and a couple other small things but all in all
Yes, it’s The older sdk’s that do come very close!! The newer version is far removed from being a replica due to construction and over all design, as I said earlier the only thing that makes them close is the print on the landing zone. A quite a few people have said that it won’t work cause “ adults and babies body’s are different” but I beg to differ, the main differences is size. I’ve made a few make shift ones like the 70’s pampers before I discovered ab diapers, and have noticed no difference in function between those ( my make shift ones)and the ones we have now on the market. The only problem was paper towels I used aren’t as absorbent as the pulp and sap in diapers. Also back in the day I used to take a glue gun and glue 4 pampers together so they looked designed as exactly like a larger pamper and it functioned just as good as what’s on the market for adults now. I’m 100% positive that if someone designed an ab diaper with the same construction of a regular pamper but just bigger that they would be just as functional as the medical diapers that are sold to us now just with cute and fancy stickers on them. I think the manufacturers are just being cheap and lack innovation, they are pretty much producing the exact same thing the the next guy is producing but with different art.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: lil_baby_tigger
They are right, though, an adult’s body is different than a baby’s. Your hip structure and general area of the body changes as you mature. It’s why adult diapers are shaped and fastened differently than baby diapers.

Reactions: dl1036
DanielW said:
I'm not sure what you meant about the 70's pampers, but they didn't contain SAP, just paper and rayon/cotton fiber.

As for making a proportionately-sized baby diaper for adults, you'd need different machines than you have now to make them, and I doubt anyone is going to make that kind of investment for such a small market. Which is why todays ABDL diapers are largely the same, but with different stickers/designs/colors

The 70’s and 80’s diapers had very shiney plastic and where loud ( crinkley). You probably r right about the machines, that is a good observation!!! But this day in age anything is possible. However in an earlier post I said that I saw on Alibaba an adult diaper that was exactly deigned like a earlier pampers diaper, I want to post the link on here but I’m not to tech savvy.

PaddedBrony said:
They are right, though, an adult’s body is different than a baby’s. Your hip structure and general area of the body changes as you mature. It’s why adult diapers are shaped and fastened differently than baby diapers.

Yes that is true, but it isn’t a drastic difference. In the end it’s all about absorption. Adults like to have multiple wettings in one diaper, babies usually only get 2-3 at the most until there changed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Limabean
It depends really on whether you want a classic Pampers look or a present-day Pampers look.

For the former, it is obvious. The SDK from ABU are the way to go, since they were actually modelled directly on the Pampers of the 1990s. Someone also brought up a Rearz nappy with a similar design to old Pampers.

As for the latter it becomes more complicated. The old clothlike Cushies I thought resembled Pampers (current) a lot, but they’re not being made anymore.

Osthagen said:
It depends really on whether you want a classic Pampers look or a present-day Pampers look.

For the former, it is obvious. The SDK from ABU are the way to go, since they were actually modelled directly on the Pampers of the 1990s. Someone also brought up a Rearz nappy with a similar design to old Pampers.

As for the latter it becomes more complicated. The old clothlike Cushies I thought resembled Pampers (current) a lot, but they’re not being made anymore.

I was talking about the classic look, I’m not a fan of plastic they are using on the ab diapers now , it looks and feel cheap. I understand how you feel about the cloth cushier ,It seems as if everyone that has a favorite diaper, ends up getting discontinued or drastically changed for the worst by manufacturers

Reactions: southeastlittle
DanielW said:
you can still get adult sized version of the early pampers...they were basically puppy pads with tapes . View attachment 33146

Lol funny you say that , i tried those before! I wish I could get a hold of the that box of diapers though. Wearing the was complete bliss, thick, crinkley and stiff. When walking with those on you could feel the back of the diaper move from side to side as you walked.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: WillFord384 and lil_baby_tigger
So far the closest any replica has come to the pampers I remember as a child from the 1980's, is ABU Superdry kids.

Or The Bambino Classico range of diapers, however those where all bought online back in 2010.

Other worthy contender's have been the ones I bought in the Philippines or Hong Kong, see my reviews on http://www.zity.biz , for more information.

Yours sincerely
Chinababy888.

lilzander382 said:
Anyone know of any adult diapers that somewhat resembles pampers look and feel and similar style of prints?

ABU Super Dry Kids uses an actual pamers print AND has single tapes, it's hard to get more authentic than that. Rearz made Vintage Replica awhile ago which were just as good, but I don't think they've made another run since then. Original Cuddlz were pretty good too. (also single tape)

Sheepies said:
There's a new cloth disposable that has been trying to come to the market for a while now called Neva. Their cloth backed with ocean prints look remarkably like modern baby diapers though I've heard their performance is just okay.

are you sure those are cloth? they look plastic?

bambinod said:
are you sure those are cloth? they look plastic?
They have cloth backed variants

Attachments

• Capture+_2019-11-13-13-45-59.png
    Capture+_2019-11-13-13-45-59.png
    534.6 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: Osthagen
Twee said:
Well if what you mean by “replica” is the same as me and others as in, the overall design and construction of the diaper then no. I wish I did, cause I would be a loyal customer. The old sdk’s v1 fit that description of a pamper replica, but they changed the shape of the padding and the plastic😢. Realistically all diapers that are supposedly called ab/dL diapers are just medical diapers with a cute print for the tape landing zone, and people are actually easily sold by it. there is not much difference if any between all these companies ab/dL diapers anymore.
That's the sad truth

yeah but ABU's SDKs and the (still bitter about missing out) short-lived Rearz vintage replica's were so so so very close

Does anybody have photos/reviews of the SDK Version 1? I can not tell the difference from the photos I've found and can't tell what version I am looking at. Are the V1's really superior in shape/size/looks to the current SDK?
Thanks

RetroGamerGuy said:
yeah but ABU's SDKs and the (still bitter about missing out) short-lived Rearz vintage replica's were so so so very close
I never saw those advertised even when they sold them a few years ago. It must have been an extremely small one-off batch.

akm44 said:
Does anybody have photos/reviews of the SDK Version 1? I can not tell the difference from the photos I've found and can't tell what version I am looking at. Are the V1's really superior in shape/size/looks to the current SDK?
Thanks
The difference isn't the sort of thing that would be apparent in a pic. The v2 and later are better diapers in that they have higher capacity but they don't feel the same and in my case, they don't fit quite as well. I've heard that for a lot of people, the fit is better than v1s, so it's a matter of personal taste. If you're concerned about the feel of plastic, I'd say v1s are hands down nicer but even that is a matter of personal preference. I think they were a great replica but they needed a stuffer to be worth much in terms of capacity. They upgraded years ago, so unless they're called out specifically, I would assume that any SDK you see for sale is not one of the old kind.

Reactions: Jbo and akm44
Back