Were you babied as a child?

Lily12345

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I've been understanding why I enjoy being in my little space so much and it goes back to my childhood. I had this discussion with my parents and they said they'd do it differently and be more hands on, but were happy I still became a caring and smart young woman.

I grew up in the UK in the early 00s and my parents had read a load of information about child led parenting. I was also the oldest sibling with two sisters 3 andn5 years younger..My adisc enjoyment comes from the early childhood I remember . I wasn't potty trained until after my first year of school (around 6), being homeschooled until 5. I could have trained by 3 but they always waited for me to show lots of interest, but with younger sisters j was never too bothered. It was a teacher challenging my parents I never used pull ups I school which after a long debate had me trained.

I had night nappies until 13, again I didn't nerd them past 10, I did have accidents but these were rare. My parents embarrassed me on long trips by putting me in drynites. They thought the very unlikely event of me having an accident would be worse .

I was also never weaned off my dummy, I had one all the time until 7 and again in bed until 13. It was relaxing so whilst I was embarrassed I just needed a little nudge to get rid and would be fine. They regretted the dental costs on braces and repair work.

I just wanted to share this as it's helped me understand, this is what I knew as a child and why I still enjoy these ideas now. Did anyone else have a childhood like this? And has it caused you to want to go back to little space more?

Reactions: LittleTyke, Diprs2, dbot99 and 6 others
It´s great that you had such a happy and guarded childhood. Surely your parents must have wanted to keep their first-born baby for as long as possible and never pushed you into maturity like most parents tend to do.

Unfortunately it wasn´t my case and my enjoyment of little space comes from the exact opposite background because I was forced out of my childhood at a very young age: I was harshly potty trained at 3 and taken out of night diapers shortly after turning 4, facing dire consequences whenever I had an accident. My mom always praised me for acting like a "little adult" and her favorite scolding against me was "you´re acting like a little child" (guess what, mom: a 4 year old boy IS a little child!!!). The worst part is that I suffered terrible sexual abuse when I was 4, but had to keep it to my own because my mom became pregnant with my little brother and I had to be super careful not to upset her, or else...

The thing is that I grew up jealous of the baby treatment that my little brother received in comparison with how much I was being pushed into acting like an adult and setting a grown-up example to my brother. I guess that being attracted to diapers was only natural so I started to wear my brother´s Pampers whenever I had a chance, babying myself in hiding so I could act like the grown up kid my mom wanted. I even learned to diaper myself up before learning to tie my shoe laces, all before turning 5.

I guess that whilst some abdl long for little space because that´s what they always knew, some more of us long for it because that´s how we would have liked it to be back then.

Reactions: Waynelopen, Diprs2, pngabdl and 3 others
Thank you for sharing, i was interested in other people's stories and if we had similar routes, I'm sorry you had the other extreme of childhood. From my extreme with love, but not let me grow, to being denied an early childhood.

I'm sorry to hear of the abuse, but thank you for sharing the story, it's interesting to hear such a different journey

Reactions: Waynelopen, Diprs2, babyamelia and 3 others
DinoFrant said:
I guess that whilst some abdl long for little space because that´s what they always knew, some more of us long for it because that´s how we would have liked it to be back then.
I agree with this sentence here. I was also really rushed and just wasn't ready. I'm autistic and had some developmental delays as a result, so it makes sense in hindsight.

I do not have kids, but hypothetically if I did, I personally would not rush them. Now, I would still at least attempt to potty train them at a regular age (3 or so), but I would still let them have baby items as long as they wanted. I'd give them properly-sized pacis, of course. There would also be some ground rules too. No using them in public, etc.

Of course, that is a completely hypothetical scenario, but that's how I would do it.

Reactions: Diprs2, Pacifyingmyautism, Hell2DaNaw and 4 others
I had to grow up quicker than my years
which is why I think I was attracted to diapers early on as I wanted to go back and enjoy my childhood

Reactions: Diprs2, ianwee and Lily12345
I was babied once when I was about 7. My parents dropped me off to visit my grandma for the day. She gave me some money for a candy bar and a soda from the corner store. But I didn't make it there. Half way there I had a pooping accident. I went back to my grandma's house. She helped me into the bathroom tub and I got stripped down from the waist down and cleaned up. She wasn't mad or anything. She's very nice. She left with my messy clothes for the washer/dryer and came back with a diaper from the kid she used to baby sit. She diapered me and walked me to the chair in the living room. My grandma and cousin who was about 12 at the time could see I was embarrassed and so was trying to talk to me to keep my mind off my diapered state. Once the laundry was done the diaper came off and that was that. I guess she was just afraid I might have a second accident is why the diaper. No real babying outside of the diaper. But I think it led to me becoming AB.

Reactions: Diprs2, Pacifyingmyautism, AJFan2020 and 2 others
I wore diapers during the day until I was 7 and at night until I was nearly 18. My mother was very protective throughout my day and night time wetting problems, she always insisted on diapering me herself even when I was older. I can't recall mom ever being critical of me for having accidents. She also had me wear diapers when I was a teenager and we went places in our car, or the movies and church because she was always afraid I would have an accident. When we were out she was always checking my diapers to see if I needed to be changed. In the morning she got me up to change my diapers and help me dress for school, she liked to pick herself what I should wear, even when I was in high school. I sucked my thumb when I was little and mom got me pacifiers to help me fall asleep at night and use during the day when we watched tv, or wet in the car. She never tried to get me to stop sucking my pacies, in fact she tended to encourage me to use my pacifiers when she diapered me at night, even when I was in high school. She even gave me a bottle until I was around 10 or so because knew it tended to calm me down when I had warmed bottled to help me fall asleep. She liked to hold me hand a lot when we went out, she wanted me close to her so she wouldn't lose me in crowds when I was older.

Reactions: Diprs2, Rezzu, Pacifyingmyautism and 3 others
I was not babied in any way, I was potty trained by around age 4 and was never abused. The anomaly in my life that lead me here (I think) was my mother left when I was 2 years old and I had a single Father until age 5 when he remarried. I know my interest in diapers existed as early as 5 years old and that diapers were a part of my life at puberty with at least one brother that was in diapers from the time I was 7 until about 14. I bought my first pack of Attends at age 17 and the rest is history.

Reactions: Diprs2, ianwee and Lily12345
I was an only child and adopted at that. I wouldn't say I was babied but my mom was over protective. While my friends got a way with murder, I was always punished when I did the same things with them and I would get grounded for a week if it was serious.

Reactions: Lyric, ianwee and Lily12345
Quite the opposite here. Was trained at the typical age and it went smoothly, and then generally I was pretty grown up for my age without being forced to be or anything like that.

absoulty

I was pretty much left alone to my own devices. I was a very strong willed, stubborn, and bright child. Nobody really knew what to do with me. I was smarter than the other kids and most adults, and I knew it, which made me quite a little tyrant and unapproachable. How's that for your first kid? My poor parents and teachers.

😂😅🫣

I guess my ability to connect with children and desire to be a kid again, this is my do over or something. 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: dogboy
my parents were either absent, or not very good to me. i had a very crappy childhood that i can't remember most of due to having Dissociative Identity Disorder, but I never remember being babied, or anything remotely close to it. my grandma was very nice, but i wouldn't say she did anything close to babying me. i think me becoming an adult baby was a product of not being able to be a kid when i was little, i was forced to take care of myself from the age of around 10 when my parents divorced, so i "grew up quick". way too quick! i'm going back and making up for the lost time i guess!

Reactions: ianwee
LittleAndAlone said:
I was pretty much left alone to my own devices. I was a very strong willed, stubborn, and bright child. Nobody really knew what to do with me. I was smarter than the other kids and most adults, and I knew it, which made me quite a little tyrant and unapproachable. How's that for your first kid? My poor parents and teachers.

😂😅🫣

I guess my ability to connect with children and desire to be a kid again, this is my do over or something. 🤣
I know what you mean by having a "do over". I think I spent much of my baby years in an adoptive orphanage where probably the motherly nourishing and holding might have been a lot less. I wasn't legally adopted until the age of 2. I remember having a new teddy bear and an old, ragged teddy bear and I'm guessing I left the adopting orphanage with one of their well used teddy bears, something I probably bonded with. I have the early pictures my adoptive parents took of me and I look either mad or stressed. I'm sure going to a new home with new parents was something I had to get used to. I've often wondered if my regressing now is some subconscious attempt to find what I didn't have when I was a baby to maybe almost two of age.

As for babying, my mom was a tough German woman and was sort of no nonsense. They included me in many of their adult conversations, especially at the dinner table so I don't think I was babied even though they protected me more than other parents at that time. By the time I was 10 or 11, I was working part time at a boat marina on Barnegat Bay. We lived close enough that I could ride my bike to work, so probably not babied..haha.

Reactions: Lily12345
Lyric said:
I wore diapers during the day until I was 7 and at night until I was nearly 18. My mother was very protective throughout my day and night time wetting problems, she always insisted on diapering me herself even when I was older. I can't recall mom ever being critical of me for having accidents. She also had me wear diapers when I was a teenager and we went places in our car, or the movies and church because she was always afraid I would have an accident. When we were out she was always checking my diapers to see if I needed to be changed. In the morning she got me up to change my diapers and help me dress for school, she liked to pick herself what I should wear, even when I was in high school. I sucked my thumb when I was little and mom got me pacifiers to help me fall asleep at night and use during the day when we watched tv, or wet in the car. She never tried to get me to stop sucking my pacies, in fact she tended to encourage me to use my pacifiers when she diapered me at night, even when I was in high school. She even gave me a bottle until I was around 10 or so because knew it tended to calm me down when I had warmed bottled to help me fall asleep. She liked to hold me hand a lot when we went out, she wanted me close to her so she wouldn't lose me in crowds when I was older.
i was in a similar situation too, my mother used to baby me for a long while, she even didn't allow me to wear pants so that she could see if i was having an accident and breast fed me all the way till i turned 7.

Reactions: Rezzu and Lyric
I think because I’ve needed nappies throughout childhood and adolescence my mum did subconsciously baby me a bit, probably without meaning to.

PrissySammy said:
i was in a similar situation too, my mother used to baby me for a long while, she even didn't allow me to wear pants so that she could see if i was having an accident and breast fed me all the way till i turned 7.
How did she treat you when you were in high school? Anything babyish. Does your partner/mommy lactate when she breastfeeds you?

I think incontinent members here acknowledge that we were treated differently because we were wearing a diaper. I'm not talking about babies or toddlers. We were older than that but fairly young. I was changed at least at 8 and sometimes 9. My mom changed me along with my older sister, our babysitters including teacher aides. I remember when my sister would tease me about me sucking my thumb. I was around 10. My mom knew I had challenges and she never tried to make me stop using my thumb. I think she thought that at least I could get some comfort. Other than that I was treated like my siblings. Still, being diapered I was acted just like the rest of the family.

Reactions: Lyric and Deleted member 77922
Lily12345 said:
I've been understanding why I enjoy being in my little space so much and it goes back to my childhood. I had this discussion with my parents and they said they'd do it differently and be more hands on, but were happy I still became a caring and smart young woman.

I grew up in the UK in the early 00s and my parents had read a load of information about child led parenting. I was also the oldest sibling with two sisters 3 andn5 years younger..My adisc enjoyment comes from the early childhood I remember . I wasn't potty trained until after my first year of school (around 6), being homeschooled until 5. I could have trained by 3 but they always waited for me to show lots of interest, but with younger sisters j was never too bothered. It was a teacher challenging my parents I never used pull ups I school which after a long debate had me trained.

I had night nappies until 13, again I didn't nerd them past 10, I did have accidents but these were rare. My parents embarrassed me on long trips by putting me in drynites. They thought the very unlikely event of me having an accident would be worse .

I was also never weaned off my dummy, I had one all the time until 7 and again in bed until 13. It was relaxing so whilst I was embarrassed I just needed a little nudge to get rid and would be fine. They regretted the dental costs on braces and repair work.

I just wanted to share this as it's helped me understand, this is what I knew as a child and why I still enjoy these ideas now. Did anyone else have a childhood like this? And has it caused you to want to go back to little space more?
i never been out of nappies, autism and renal development delays,
childhood was very strange, being infantile, mother treated me like a small boy all the time,
wore a bib until i was 8, had dummies and bottles all the time, being on reins until i was 8, never moved off straw beaker,
at 16 my bedroom still looked like a nursery,
bath was at 6pm, carried out by mother, night nappy and PJ's on, cuddle with mother until 8pm, them bottle tucked up, with a dummy,

Reactions: ABChick, Rezzu and Pacifyingmyautism
Lyric said:
How did she treat you when you were in high school? Anything babyish. Does your partner/mommy lactate when she breastfeeds you?
all through out high school i still was required to wear the diaper, only at school i was allowed to wear pants

Reactions: Rezzu and Lyric
Back