Wearing Your Dinner

Littl3Luk3

Contributor
I recently ate some jam doughnuts that were so packed with jam that it was literally impossible to bite into them without jam squirting all over the place. That got me thinking, say you had a little to look after who was insistent they were a 'big kid' and did not need a bib, what foods would you prepare for them in their high chair to ensure they ended up pretty much wearing their dinner? The messier the better! Perhaps you could even do combinations of foods or one type after another?

• Haha
Reactions: Cottontail, longallsboy and KittyninjaW
Anything with red sauce. Specifically spagetti. I drop a lot of my food on my clothes when I eat pasta or any food with a ton of sauce like chili or just pasta in general. I gotta get a bib at some point.

• Haha
Reactions: OriginalWetone, VeiledDevotee and KittyninjaW
Demonbabywearspamps said:
Anything with red sauce. Specifically spagetti. I drop a lot of my food on my clothes when I eat pasta or any food with a ton of sauce like chili or just pasta in general. I gotta get a bib at some point.
That made me laugh for reasons.

Reactions: longallsboy and Demonbabywearspamps
Or a cream sauce as well like fettuccine alfredo. I guess just about anything with a sauce or puree could work🤔

Reactions: Cottontail and Demonbabywearspamps
Pudding

Reactions: Demonbabywearspamps
Littl3Luk3 said:
I recently ate some jam doughnuts that were so packed with jam that it was literally impossible to bite into them without jam squirting all over the place. That got me thinking, say you had a little to look after who was insistent they were a 'big kid' and did not need a bib, what foods would you prepare for them in their high chair to ensure they ended up pretty much wearing their dinner? The messier the better! Perhaps you could even do combinations of foods or one type after another?

Wearing your dinner??! Sounds like a chapter of "Tales Of A Fourth Grader Nothing" by Judy Blume where Fudge (aka "Farley Drexel Hatcher") refuses to eat anything, even the wonderful lamb chops his mom cooked for him (which brother Peter "Pee-tah" Hatcher eats instead), and then says he wants cereal and then won't eat that either, and then his dad finally snaps and takes him to the bathtub and dumps the cereal onto his body. And then Fudge's favorite expression after that is "Eat it or wear it"... LOL 😂🤣🤣. That may have also been in the TV series Fudge (1995-1997) which was a sitcom on ABC on Saturday mornings, based on the books "Tales Of A Fourth Grader Nothing" and "Superfudge"

My fourth grade teacher had read a chapter every week of "Tales Of A Fourth Grader Nothing" for several weeks until we finished the book. However, I didn't read Superfudge until I was in 10th grade - on my own - and that was because my brother was reading it (he was in 5th grade when I was in 9th grade). My little (and only) brother remembers I was so taken with Fudge's character, for a while there in 11th grade in high school, I started using the name "Farley Drexel" or Farley, as an alternate name. LOL 😂😂🤣🤷🤦🤦🤦. My high school friends probably remember too! LOL. Me and my brother are both chronologically in our 40s now. He is not Autistic, though.

Actually, because of my Classic Autism and ADHD, I act like a 4 year old 98% of the time, which is about as bad as a typical nonautistic 4 year old. It's likely that your average 4 year old could act like an adult 2% of the time, like in a restaurant perhaps. I'm like a sweet and kind, but rather annoying, 4 year old. At least emotionally and socially. There are probably likely some 4 year olds who are more mature than me. But then again, they don't have Autism, so that's not even comparable, as 4 year olds who are not autistic can decipher nonverbal facial cues and have better social skills.

- longallsboy

Last edited:
Littl3Luk3 said:

Actually, it's common for even ADULTS to wear bibs at restaurants that serve messy foods, like crab, lobster, seafood, etc. I've seen plenty of seafood restaurants that have bibs given.

- longallsboy

I don't usually end up with food all over my face, or belly, or lap, but there are certain foods that still annoy me for their messiness. Whose idea was it to make tacos in a hard shell? Dumbest. Design. Ever. You take one bite and the whole thing splits apart and oozes all over your hands! I was one of those very tidy kids, and in the 80s, hard-shelled tacos seemed like the definition of "taco." I don't think I saw a tortilla until I was in my teens. No joke. So anyway, I didn't become a fan of tacos until I was older--until I learned there was a type of taco you could eat without getting greasy, beefy, salsa-y hands.

• Haha
Reactions: Demonbabywearspamps and LittleAndAlone
BBQ ribs, pasta, soup, anything with rice.

Reactions: LiLMaus
Almost anything with sauce but also jelly doughnuts or PB&J (with extra jelly).

Reactions: Demonbabywearspamps and LiLMaus
1000011004.jpg

Reactions: LiLMaus
I can safely say, and any of my fellow regressors will know, eating is a very sensual pleasure when deep in little space. It’s really so much more about exploring everything about what you’re eating than actually eating it. Bibs are for parents, lol, littles couldn’t care less. I still love the cute bib aesthetic though. To the OPs question, anything that’s wet and messy lol couldn’t resist, but y’all know I’m talking about food right.

Spaguetti Os, lasagna, I went to my cousins house yesterday and even if my little cousin is 5, he still wears a bib at home, its their house rule, but I never saw this kind of bib before, it has arms and pretty much cover the whole front of the body, it had paw patrol on it which I feel its very cute, I couldn't describe how useful that thing was, with Lasagna as the main meal for dinner, even if he's 5, I feel like somehow he's mature like a 3 yrs old level (they suspect he may have some form of mild Autism but still never got diagnosed, he's very bright on numbers and figured out how to read a clock before his 4th birthday)

Reactions: longallsboy
Anything with a sauce or dressing (a dressing is harder to spot) I eat quite messily anyway (muscle problems effect my jaw) and I regularly get stuff on my clothes but since I live with someone who doesn’t accept or even I know I’m ABDL she’s not going to let me wear a bib no matter how practical it would be or how much I’d like to.

Demonbabywearspamps said:
If I had a sewing machine I'd find some cute material and make you some. My mom taught me to sew years ago.

Reactions: longallsboy and Demonbabywearspamps
Hamburger with excess of saucess...

Reactions: Straycatz
OriginalWetone said:
If I had a sewing machine I'd find some cute material and make you some. My mom taught me to sew years ago.
aww that'd be nice. tbh I kinda want a custom bib at some point X3 i'll probably comm a Etsy shop for it

OriginalWetone said:

I actually am trying to find someone, maybe a child clothing seamstress, to make me a different type of longall that would be a gingham longall, like a primary plaid gingham longall, in my size. There's actually a company that makes commercial long-alls and jon jons for toddlers and preschoolers that is based in San Antonio, and has for many decades. There are several companies in the DFW area too, although most of the companies making that kind of cutesy dressy children's clothing are more based in the Deep South like Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, The Carolinas, etc., as far as at least where the executive office (the company offices) are. A few down in Florida too. There are a few companies still making those clothes, which are typically fairly pricey ($50-70 new) in factories in the United States, mostly in the South. But the majority now are made overseas, like in The Phillipines, and much more often, in Vietnam. And definitely also El Salvador. Baby and children's clothing make up about 2% of El Salvador's exports...that's quite a bit if you consider how many other types of exports a country could have.

- longallsboy

Last edited:
OriginalWetone said:
funny you should say that, I've just ordered some stuff to make one, I found a seller on ETSY who does digital prints on to fabric, so I'm going to have a custom print done then sew it into a bib, its going to have a large winnie the pooh on it, its cotton front so ill use "Iron on fusible interfacing" to back it with something thicker then finish the edges with satin yellow bias tape😍 hope I don't mess it up! I have a little experience with a machine but not a lot but then a bid isn't exactly the hardest thing to do

Back