Washable Briefs

TrapCat

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello all! It seems there is so little info on this subject that I thought I'd take a chance at posting here and see what comes up. I am a light post-void dribbler and have been since late teens. If I drink a lot all day I tend to dribble for longer. I also can't fully empty my bladder. I have been using Depend Shields to control things and they work great! However they are wasteful and not great for the environment. I'd like to move to washable absorbent briefs and do away with the shields. However, I'm having a difficult time finding reviews of these products for men.

I'd like to find something that is not too bulky and offers the same level of protection as the Depend Shields and be reusable like underwear. I've seen brands like Zorbies, Modibodi, Wearever, and ProTechDry on Amazon. They tend to be pretty pricy so I'd like to research more before trying one. Has anyone tried any of these products?

Thank you so much for your help here!
TrapCat

Reactions: Jorelaxed, sport1 and GatoChihuahua
I wear sometimes Think by Speax. They aren't made in guy's sizes, and they hold a couple ounces at most. So this may not be helpful. I apologize if that's the case!

They catch a few dribbles okay and get me through long mountain bike rides, and most days if I am wanting some discretion or a break from pull-ups/pads.

I always carry a clean pair (and a quart size zip-lock for the wet) in my purse in case I do dribble and need to freshen up. I never seem to need the second pair.

Reactions: Angelapinks and rbm
GatoChihuahua said:
I wear sometimes Think by Speax. They aren't made in guy's sizes, and they hold a couple ounces at most. So this may not be helpful. I apologize if that's the case!

They catch a few dribbles okay and get me through long mountain bike rides, and most days if I am wanting some discretion or a break from pull-ups/pads.

I always carry a clean pair (and a quart size zip-lock for the wet) in my purse in case I do dribble and need to freshen up. I never seem to need the second pair.
I wear speax fulltime never had any problems. just go by the size chart . I wear 5x no problem. feel good fit great. I like and wear the hi waust but have the others, no thong. tried wearever dont like the fit, to small and the feel of the material. speax for me

Reactions: GatoChihuahua
TrapCat said:
Hello all! It seems there is so little info on this subject that I thought I'd take a chance at posting here and see what comes up. I am a light post-void dribbler and have been since late teens. If I drink a lot all day I tend to dribble for longer. I also can't fully empty my bladder. I have been using Depend Shields to control things and they work great! However they are wasteful and not great for the environment. I'd like to move to washable absorbent briefs and do away with the shields. However, I'm having a difficult time finding reviews of these products for men.

I'd like to find something that is not too bulky and offers the same level of protection as the Depend Shields and be reusable like underwear. I've seen brands like Zorbies, Modibodi, Wearever, and ProTechDry on Amazon. They tend to be pretty pricy so I'd like to research more before trying one. Has anyone tried any of these products?

TrapCat
Look up Ecoable they have cloth diapers that work perfectly.

Reactions: RoseofThorns, EcoIncon, GatoChihuahua and 1 other person
I've been pretty satisfied with modibodi and they actually hold a little bit more than others I've tried, I use the " Modi Mo" boxer briefs most often.

Reactions: TrapCat
Thanks for the suggestions!

KenworthW900b said:
I've been pretty satisfied with modibodi and they actually hold a little bit more than others I've tried, I use the " Modi Mo" boxer briefs most often.
I wish I could try them but currently they do not come in my size (40" waist).

TrapCat said:
IT's ridiculous how these companies seem to think that nobody larger than a medium or large needs their products

I am so jealous. I really would love to be back in the day that a light dribble was all... But, for a while I could get away with the type of product you describe. Fanny pants (lame name for guys but a great product) has really great fitting, good looking (or so my wife thought), leak proof underwear.

TrapCat said:
I also have a 40 inch waist and wear them in size large but they do seem to currently be unavailable. I have also had good luck with the carer healthcare brief style ones on Amazon, they are chineseum but I have 10 pair and have so far had excellent performance out of them. Normally I just wear them over my diaper to catch any leaks but I've worn them by themselves and they actually held up for a couple hours while I was working outside, the brief was very wet but my pants were definitely not and they remained fairly comfortable to be soaking wet. For the price you might want to give those a try! Hope this helps you out Trapcat!

Reactions: TAJ and GatoChihuahua
Snap-EZ is another option and they are not as expensive as Threaded Armor

Reactions: Antibody82
I've never been ale to just use a "shield." I've always wet heavily, day and while sleeping. The idea would be great if I only pee'd a little. I've never really considered a cloth diaper. Maybe I'm just lazy by washing cloth diapers are just too much work. Not to mention that I do have messy accidents. Having a BM accident are easier than dirty cloth diapers.

TrapCat said:

TrapCat
I got a pair of ProTechDry on a whim. They actually do fairly well for light dribbling. They seem ideal for your use case. It will take a while for you to realize gains from the investment, assuming you get the 5 for $99, they’re rated for 100 washes, and guards are less than a $1 each, but decreasing waste may have additional value for you that shores that up sooner.

Reactions: PaddedRita
SuzakuAkatori said:
Look up Ecoable they have cloth diapers that work perfectly.
I totally love their product. I think it might be a little more absorbency than required for light post-void dribbling though. No?

I have heard good things about Confitex briefs they look like fitted boxers. Also you can search for pullup type cloth diapers some have various absorbency levels and almost like a training pants, some also called pocket pullup diapers. But have seen reusable liners but most geared towards women.
Also maybe a really weird random thought I just had(really in left field in my head it sounded good idea) but where your looking just for a shield for light IC often parents sell great condition but used baby cloth diapers on various market place sights. I wonder if being sized for a baby/toddler if it would fit like a shield and allow you to dial in your absorbency need. I just looked at CL one post 20 pocket diapers for $30. What made me think of it was when I first used diapers before I knew about boosters I tried a size 6 diapers and they fit well up front.

I do wear some of the pullup or thinner snap/Velcro ones as diaper covers because if my main products leak they catch and absorb the leak well.

I know you were looking for reusable products & personally haven't worn them but came across a product called a quick wrap other day it's a disposable product but might be another option. I tend to learn towards a disposable product while out because easier to change and if wet not carrying around wet items till I get home. but I do get trying to save money and why I tried cloth diapers.

LittleLandon said:
I ordered these to try as they have a pretty good return policy (surprisingly for underwear!) I wore a pair today. They fit a bit smaller than stated (should have got the XL). Also, the padding does not cover the whole front surprisingly. Probably due to the working fly, but the right side offers no padding. Sure enough I felt a bit damp on that side. Strange design choice! Not a fan.

Thanks to some great suggestions here I'm going to try a different brand and let you folks know how it works out. Thanks again for the great suggestions!!

EcoIncon said:
I totally love their product. I think it might be a little more absorbency than required for light post-void dribbling though. No?
Yes this is more protection than I need for daily use (though my DL side is intrigued :) Thanks!

Reactions: EcoIncon and GatoChihuahua
TrapCat said:
I ordered these to try as they have a pretty good return policy (surprisingly for underwear!) I wore a pair today. They fit a bit smaller than stated (should have got the XL). Also, the padding does not cover the whole front surprisingly. Probably due to the working fly, but the right side offers no padding. Sure enough I felt a bit damp on that side. Strange design choice! Not a fan.

Thanks to some great suggestions here I'm going to try a different brand and let you folks know how it works out. Thanks again for the great suggestions!!
Sorry they don't work out for you. :( The pocket design is weird on an IC product.

My male gear is very short .5-1.5 inches so Putting them on I am aimed pretty center into the pad and don't have leaks or wetness. Your dribbles sound a little more that what I have going on as well. I was also looking at the tykable underwear or some of the Etsy folk who make custom underwear. I did order a pair of adult "training pants"from someone who made them for toddlers but also did cloth diapers- and they were wonderfully made, just a little hotter because of the water proof pad used that went front to back. When $ is a little better I am going to order some more custom made ones from them or another. They also made them as a boxer-brief style for me.

Before all that I was doing the Tena shields lighter absorbency but hated that it was a disposable product, recurring $ spent, and I had to put them in and take them out everyday. These briefs I use now I just toss in the laundry and done!

Last edited:
Back