Was anyone ever told you’re in a diaper just use it or diapered after potty training as a child?

Yes, I was in the hospital and I was six years old. I had aspirated and it had set up chemical pneumonia. When I woke up, it felt like I was in a large diaper. I started crying to my mom I had to potty and she said I was in a diaper and it's okay to use it, but I didn't want to because I was a big girl. I kept crying until a nurse brought me a makeshift potty and put it next to my bed for me. I couldn't bring myself to potty in the diaper.

Reactions: Lewis Badger, Jr2012 and espectro
No, my parents would constantly ask me if I needed to use the toilet. I was never told to use nappy or pull up, they were precautionary in case accidents happened. I was actively encouraged to make the effort to reach the toilet if we were out and I told them I needed to go.

I always wore nappies on long journeys and we use to stop at every service station so they could take me to the toilet even I didn't need to go in an effort to make me use them.

Reactions: antte91 and Jr2012
Unfortunately i wasn't as lucky, i got potty trained at a young age of about 1 1/2 or 2. I was put in my nanny's house with other kids who were all younger than me and were in diapers. I did take some on occassion and wore them to kindergarten but was caught sometimes. I had to create makeshift diapers at home with my blankets but they were't any good. In general my parents were not very approving.

My wife and I regularly tell each other to just go ahead and pee your diaper. Both of us are not only urinary incontinent but diaper lovers so when it's suggested we both tend to just let loose and wet our diaper.

Reactions: Pampix, Jr2012, Babynie and 4 others
When i was out in public my mom would put me in pullups till I was 12. She didn't want me damaging my my weak bladder by holding it for too long. It wasnt till I worked up the courage to talk to my doctor about it that I was taken out of pullups. Mom felt so bad about what she had done.

Reactions: inrealcolor and diapered4evadan919
Just happened to me a few weeks ago. My wife and I woke up on Saturday and didn’t have any plans so we were laying in bed watching tv in the morning, with me still in my diaper and onesie from the night before.

I asked her if she could change me and she asked “why”? She knows I usually like to stay padded for as long as I can in the mornings.

I told her that I had to go potty, and she told me to “then just go”. I said “umm… it’s not pee…”

“I know. Just use your diaper”.

The amount of acceptance ,excitement, love, and engagement I felt with her telling me that was indescribable. ☺️

• Love
Reactions: LittleJ123, WillFord384, badger50 and 16 others
I was a bedwetter and anytime we went on a long car trip I would wear night diaper in case I fell asleep. Mom told me a fee times to use my diaper when I said I needed a pee stop..

Reactions: Jr2012 and antte91
I remember my Mum's friend asking me
"Do you need a poo?" She was changing my Brother and I was also wearing a nappy.
I must have nodded "The nappy was to make sure you have no more accidents" she said smiling. "You can do it in your nappy" reassuring.

I stare at her while I'm doing a pee and poo. I'm unsure if it was a sloppy or firm, though I like to think it mas mixture with some terrible and unpleasant sounds and smells coming from my bottom.

I should have used the potty because I was four.

Reactions: LittleJ123, HenryABDL, Jr2012 and 4 others
I can think of lots of times this happened. When I was potty training, I was still wearing diapers for pooping. Many times if we were out somewhere and a bathroom wasn’t near, I would be told to use my diaper. I would tell her I have to pee, and she would say you’re wearing pampers. I would just pee my diaper and get changed whenever it was more convenient. I can remember being kind of embarrassed about this because everyone we were with knew I was about to wet my diaper.

Reactions: JazzBaby, LilByte and perlFerret
I was. I remember when I was about 7 or 8 and was on a long car journey with my brothers and my parents. I'd needed to wear nappies to school until shortly before this incident and finally been able to become dry during the day.

Both me and my younger brother were made to wear a pair of drynites which we had for my and my older brother's bedwetting, my older brother got to wear normal pants. We were told that we'd stop if either of us needed to go and that the nappies were 'just in case'. My younger brother who had always been dry at night chose to embarrass me before we even set up throwing a tantrum about why he had to wear one of mine and my older brother's nappies.

Even though I didn't need to go I was made to try to do a wee before we left, hard as I tried I couldn't get anything out.

We got in the car and after we'd been going for about two hours I started to need the toilet. My dad asked if I could wait a bit longer. At this point I thought that I could so I said yes. About half an hour later we were in a traffic jam on the motorway and by this point I was desperate. I asked if we could stop again and was told we would stop as soon as we could. I got more and more uncomfortable and was loudly complaining about it. My mum used the line 'go in your nappy if you really can't wait'.

I really didn't want to. It would mean embarrassing myself in front of my brothers. We didn't move at all for another 15 minutes when I felt that first surge of warmth in the front of my nappy. I froze with fear and lost control unable to stop, I started crying and my younger brother started to laugh. 'He's wet himself again' he gleefully shouted. My older brother tried to comfort me putting my arm around my shoulders. I was still peeing at this point and didn't stop until what felt like an eternity later. I carried on crying until we eventually made it to the nearest motorway services. Only good thing was that he nappy did its job and none had leaked onto the seat.

We all got out of the car and my dad got a nappy changing kit out of the boot. He wasn't angry with me reassuring me that what had happened wasn't my fault. I felt so embarrassing at being taken into the baby changing room... for babies at 7 years old. I was asked to face the wall and my trouser and nappy was pulled down so that i could be cleaned with baby wipes. I was changed into a dry nappy and we left.

Easily one of the most embarrassing moments of my childhood

Reactions: Babynie, Lewis Badger, Jr2012 and 5 others
I wish I had that experience haha

Between being day potty trained right about my third birthday and a switch to pull-ups at night around my 6th birthday, I was expected to pee in a diaper once on for the evening or for a car trip where I might fall asleep. I have no memory of pooping in a diaper after being potty trained, but I know once the diaper was taped on an hour or so before bedtime, it wasn't coming off if just for pee. I would say I probably used it before going to sleep most nights out of necessity. I ended up bedwetting until I was almost 12 and often wonder how much having to just pee in a diaper in the evening or in the night when awake helped form that habit. I was the oldest and my younger siblings never had that same requirement (parents learned) and my siblings quit bedwetting before age 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lewis Badger and GoodnitesXL21
I have no memories of being in diapers. I was told by an aunt and some cousins once when i was probably around 12 walking on beach with them to wet my swimming trunks when I said i needed to pee. But I was to embarrassed and managed to hold it till we were back to rental house...

Yes definitely a few times over the years. I’ve always wet the bed so worn for that growing up and used to wear while travelling. Parents didn’t like me wearing during the day normally but while travelling was easier to deal with wet nappy than wet pants. Was terrible for just going in my diaper when I had one on and they regularly reminded me they were for emergencies and not to just be used but now and then when bathrooms were convenient was told I could use my nappy.

Jg21101 said:
Yes definitely a few times over the years. I’ve always wet the bed so worn for that growing up and used to wear while travelling. Parents didn’t like me wearing during the day normally but while travelling was easier to deal with wet nappy than wet pants. Was terrible for just going in my diaper when I had one on and they regularly reminded me they were for emergencies and not to just be used but now and then when bathrooms were convenient was told I could use my napp

dltip420 said:
I am curious if anyone has memories of being given permission to use their diaper or straight up told to use it. I knew someone as a kid whose parents would put them in diapers for roadtrips. They were just expected to go in their diaper if they couldn’t stop in time.
Somewhat related. I don't remember this event, but it has been told to me many times when I was growing up. I was probably about four years old. We were at the beach, and I had to pee. I told my mom, she told me you are wearing a bathing suit you can just pee wherever you want to. I must have misunderstood what she was telling me to do. She was impling I could pee in my suit and go back in the water, out maybe not even leaving the water. Anyhow, my four year old brain gave me the go ahead to drop my suit down to my knees and let loose with my steam. People started laughing and my mom scooped my up and ran to the bathroom. Lol. By the time we got there I certainly didn't have to pee anymore. Mom and I were pretty wet. She took me to a shower and rinse is off. She was quite explicit that she meant I could pee in my suit in the water, which is what I did from them on.

• Haha
Reactions: eddy200, Lewis Badger and TigerDL
Having a medical condition I would often hold on which wasn't the best thing to do with my bowel problem.
My aunt would see me go quiet and look anxious and sometimes start to tremble holding on
She would ask me if I needed to poo and I would nod and she would lovingly say use your nappy and when I'd finished she would clean me up

wiliawi said:
Somewhat related. I don't remember this event, but it has been told to me many times when I was growing up. I was probably about four years old. We were at the beach, and I had to pee. I told my mom, she told me you are wearing a bathing suit you can just pee wherever you want to. I must have misunderstood what she was telling me to do. She was impling I could pee in my suit and go back in the water, out maybe not even leaving the water. Anyhow, my four year old brain gave me the go ahead to drop my suit down to my knees and let loose with my steam. People started laughing and my mom scooped my up and ran to the bathroom. Lol. By the time we got there I certainly didn't have to pee anymore. Mom and I were pretty wet. She took me to a shower and rinse is off. She was quite explicit that she meant I could pee in my suit in the water, which is what I did from them on.
Hahaha. She wasn’t specific with her instructions! Lol. 4 year old ain’t too old for peeing in public. A few weeks ago at the dog park , I saw a tween boy dropped his jeans and underwear to pee on a tree which was next to the picnic table me and several others were sitting at.

• Wow
Reactions: Lewis Badger
When all the family is at the house and we’re all out using the pool we just tell the grandkids to do a ‘nature pee’ behind the garage.

I was never diapered after potty training, nor did I have any experiences with 'just using it'. I don't remember my days wearing diapers at all. It could have something to do with me wanting to wear now as an adult just to feel the comfort I've forgotten. Usually when my parents and I went on long car trips, we pulled off and used the baby potty that we had in the back of the car. And I think I was still wearing at that time too.

Back