Was anyone ever told you’re in a diaper just use it or diapered after potty training as a child?

dltip420

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I am curious if anyone has memories of being given permission to use their diaper or straight up told to use it. I knew someone as a kid whose parents would put them in diapers for roadtrips. They were just expected to go in their diaper if they couldn’t stop in time.

Reactions: doublepadded, babyjunior03, AJFan2020 and 15 others
dltip420 said:
I am curious if anyone has memories of being given permission to use their diaper or straight up told to use it. I knew someone as a kid whose parents would put them in diapers for roadtrips. They were just expected to go in their diaper if they couldn’t stop in time.
I don't remember being told that as a child but we would tell our kids it was ok to pee in their nappy when we were on holiday or on long trips, just try not to poop.

Reactions: Ickledan89, LiddleBigBoy, Pampix and 4 others
I was still not potty trained when I started first grade and had to wear my pinned on diapers and rubber pants. My mom told me she would come by during lunch time to check me and change my diapers, and if I needed to go potty before she arrived to just go in my diaper and not try to hold it. I finally stopped wetting during day but continued to wet my bed so mom continued to diaper me until I finally stopped. Mom did tell me not to worry about wetting my diapers at night, that its much better to have a good nights sleep and not worry about wetting my bed. When the family went on longer trips to our cousins, or to the beach or parks, my younger sisters and I all had to wear diapers and rubber pants even when some of us no longer wore diapers during the day, and mom just told us to use our diapers if we needed to potty or poop on the road.

Reactions: Davvyboy, espectro, LilByte and 5 others
lol
I do remember one time I woke up and had a rare dry night, I needed to use the bathroom, but both of them were in use. Two people were in the shower, so it was going to be a while, and I had to go real badly, so my mom told me to just pee in the diaper.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryanwet, AJFan2020, LittleJ123 and 9 others
Interesting thing is that my wife actually said this to me recently. Around Christmas we were driving I was stressing because I was having an accident. I was trying to prevent it, and told her I needed to pull into a parking lot and run in target. She saw how stressed I was, and she just said, “aren’t you wearing a diaper?”

I looked at her and acknowledged that, “of course I was.” The thing is I was trying not to use it in public. She just looked at me matter of factly and said, “just pee in your diaper. That ‘s why you wear them.” Like it was nothing to think twice about.

It honestly did calm me down, and I just let go. No leaks. The diaper did it’s thing and we kept driving. When we got to the next stop she just said, “Don’t forget to change your diaper in case you need to pee again.” As if it was a completely normal thing for a wife to tell her husband, lol.

Reactions: Owlzzy, Fleetwoodmac32192, BabyCyclist and 50 others
OneWhoHasSeenTheEye said:
Interesting thing is that my wife actually said this to me recently. Around Christmas we were driving I was stressing because I was having an accident. I was trying to prevent it, and told her I needed to pull into a parking lot and run in target. She saw how stressed I was, and she just said, “aren’t you wearing a diaper?”

I looked at her and acknowledged that, “of course I was.” The thing is I was trying not to use it in public. She just looked at me matter of factly and said, “just pee in your diaper. That ‘s why you wear them.” Like it was nothing to think twice about.

It honestly did calm me down, and I just let go. No leaks. The diaper did it’s thing and we kept driving. When we got to the next stop she just said, “Don’t forget to change your diaper in case you need to pee again.” As if it was a completely normal thing for a wife to tell her husband, lol.
I was never told to just use my diaper as a child. However, I have as an adult.

I was at the park with one of the three women I've dated in my life whom I involved in diaper play. I had to poop pretty badly. I was still used to being comfortable with pooping in my diaper in front of girls. I told her and she just said you have a diaper on, you can poop in your diaper. I did and she was sweet enough to give me a diaper change back home. She was very motherly and had experience with it with other kids so she was very good at it.

One of the other girls I dated I did this pretty early on. I had met her off diaperspace and she was a mommy. She was younger at the time, still a new mommy and wasn't comfortable with dirty diapers. I wanted to see if she would make an exception for me. I told her I had to poop and she also said I could poop in my diaper. I still remember the look on her face as she was amazed that she was watching a grown man poop in his diaper. I could tell she had never seen that before. She changed me but was clearly uncomfortable with it. I've lost touch with her for at least 8-10 years and I know she still plays mommy to littles. I'm not sure if she ever got over that discomfort or not.

My current wife I don't need that kind of confirmation. I just go when I need to. I might just give it a shot though and see if she'll give me that same permission. It's a very warm and fuzzy feeling.

Reactions: denis97y, jp95409, badger50 and 11 others
Yup, quite a few times. When I was a kid I had a car accident that was pretty bad and was in diapers for almost two years. Long term I still wet at night, but in those two years I was retraining and in the initial six months I was on cruches. It would sometimes take a lot of effort to hobble to the bathroom especially if I wasn't home so there were many times it went "Just go in your diaper it's ok"

Reactions: LiddleBigBoy and antte91
Was told several times as a kid on long road trips that I was told to put my pullups on before we left the house and was told just to use my diaper if I needed to pee

Reactions: AJFan2020, LiddleBigBoy, Boopa and 2 others
I can't remember ever being specifically told to use my diaper but I always had the feeling was implied that it I was wearing it was okay to use it

Reactions: LiddleBigBoy, ogdlv and Lewis Badger
dltip420 said:
My mother once told me to piss in my pants when I was complaining that I desperately needed a wee when I was about 5 or 6. She said "You piss your bed every night and sleep in it so it won't bother you" She was right my bedwetting never bothered me and I often wet my pants during the day but being told to was a whole new ball game. Anyway when I couldn't hold on any longer I wet my self. I had to walk around all day in slowly drying smelly wet pants and I loved it. My mother couldn't say a thing.
After that I wet my pants when ever I felt like it and nothing was ever said. There are plenty of family pictures with me in obvious wet pants.

• Sad
Reactions: Garbinalex99, jamie72, LiddleBigBoy and 7 others
tm111317 said:
I was never told to just use my diaper as a child. However, I have as an adult.

I was at the park with one of the three women I've dated in my life whom I involved in diaper play. I had to poop pretty badly. I was still used to being comfortable with pooping in my diaper in front of girls. I told her and she just said you have a diaper on, you can poop in your diaper. I did and she was sweet enough to give me a diaper change back home. She was very motherly and had experience with it with other kids so she was very good at it.

One of the other girls I dated I did this pretty early on. I had met her off diaperspace and she was a mommy. She was younger at the time, still a new mommy and wasn't comfortable with dirty diapers. I wanted to see if she would make an exception for me. I told her I had to poop and she also said I could poop in my diaper. I still remember the look on her face as she was amazed that she was watching a grown man poop in his diaper. I could tell she had never seen that before. She changed me but was clearly uncomfortable with it. I've lost touch with her for at least 8-10 years and I know she still plays mommy to littles. I'm not sure if she ever got over that discomfort or not.

My current wife I don't need that kind of confirmation. I just go when I need to. I might just give it a shot though and see if she'll give me that same permission. It's a very warm and fuzzy feeling.
Wow you're living the dream

Reactions: LiddleBigBoy
MullbG said:
Wow you're living the dream
Thanks. It hasn't been an easy road but I'm grateful for what I've had and currently have.

Reactions: LukeTheDeersky
Yep i have , we were traveling internationally back then when i was 16 , i was a bedwetter and wore diapers on our trip my mom told me to just use my diaper when i told her i needed to go to the restroom to pee .

Reactions: LiddleBigBoy, ogdlv, Pika123 and 3 others
Sgdlboy said:
Yep i have , we were traveling internationally back then when i was 16 , i was a bedwetter and wore diapers on our trip my mom told me to just use my diaper when i told her i needed to go to the restroom to pee .
Wow. As a 16 year old! Did you use the diaper right then?

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodnitesXL21
I was never allowed but my wife and I carried diapers in our car rides with our children. If we were between stops we told them a few times to grab a diaper and use it. Sometimes they didn’teven tape it just hold it when they had to go really bad. My daughter had to mess a diaper twice. My wife eventually found travel John jr which were awesome

Reactions: jackyyyyt, Lyric, LilByte and 3 others
jamiejamie said:
Wow. As a 16 year old! Did you use the diaper right then?
Yeah eventually i did as there were no restrooms in sight , we had arrived super early morning in the city and were on our way to the hotel , the malls are not open and we have no idea where the restrooms are .

Reactions: GoodnitesXL21
Again like some others, I have been told to by my Wife on several occasions.

I have been watching a film or similar and have been holding on to go to the toilet when she’s has said “what are you wearing a nappy for if you’re not going to use it?!”

Reactions: badger50, LiddleBigBoy, BabyCorry and 6 others
tm111317 said:
Thanks. It hasn't been an easy road but I'm grateful for what I've had and currently have.
Hows the scene in diaperspace? Just out of curiosity, never really tried actively looking

MullbG said:
Hows the scene in diaperspace? Just out of curiosity, never really tried actively looking
To be honest I couldn't tell you now. I stopped going once I met the girl who was a mommy and I dated briefly. That was over twelve years ago and I haven't been back there since.

Yeah from 10-12yo. Initially I was told to use it, "thats what it's for" "these are to help keep you safe" "these will keep your clothes dry/clean" etc. In short order I understood what was expected and I stopped asking to use a bathroom when I was wearing a diaper.

Reactions: AJFan2020, LiddleBigBoy, midrobbie49 and 4 others
Back