Vintage diapers on ebay

PampLuv

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
It’s very interesting what you might find from time to time on there. They can be a bit expensive, but I’m my opinion very worth if it you find the right listing. I have found extremely hard to find and perfect examples of sealed packs. Let me know what you have seen!

Does anybody collect vintage diapers? If so, let me know what you have!

Needless to say, my stash is a very interesting one.

• Love
Reactions: Sidewinder, totalbreakdown1 and Cottontail
I bought vintage diapers a few times but that was back before they got so expensive. These days it just seems like you pay over $20 per diaper so that's a no from me!

Reactions: diaperwoody, bigtoddler96, PampLuv and 1 other person
southeastlittle said:
I bought vintage diapers a few times but that was back before they got so expensive. These days it just seems like you pay over $20 per diaper so that's a no from me!

Agreed! I have seen some packs going for $600 plus. And that’s just crazy, I would never do that. but I was surprised, I have been able to pick up fairly expensive packs for a fraction of the prices I see other places. Maybe I just got lucky, but it’s kinda exciting what you see from time to time. Not just with diapers, but many other items haha. I make an effort to not look at eBay too much hahaha. Too easy to spend money on there!

Reactions: Cottontail
I collect vintage Curity cloth diapers, but I also use them. The economics are a little different when you spend $100-150 on a dozen diapers and get to use them 300+ times. That said, if I had the privacy and the space to collect vintage disposables, I could see myself getting into that. Too many muggles around though.

I joined eBay in 1998 as a college student, and one of my first purchases was a bag of 1989-vintage Ultra Pampers, which I used. I think I paid $50-60, and I remember thinking, “I’m being ridiculous. Who spends this kind of money on old diapers?” Little did I know I should’ve been stocking up and renting a storage unit! :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: southeastlittle and PampLuv
Cottontail said:
I collect vintage Curity cloth diapers, but I also use them. The economics are a little different when you spend $100-150 on a dozen diapers and get to use them 300+ times. That said, if I had the privacy and the space to collect vintage disposables, I could see myself getting into that. Too many muggles around though.

I joined eBay in 1998 as a college student, and one of my first purchases was a bag of 1989-vintage Ultra Pampers, which I used. I think I paid $50-60, and I remember thinking, “I’m being ridiculous. Who spends this kind of money on old diapers?” Little did I know I should’ve been stocking up and renting a storage unit! :)

Yea the value is very different from cloth to disposables for sure. I have managed to get my hands on some vintage Pampers, Huggies, and Luvs over the years. All in package and in perfect condition. No scent of course due to age, but many packs that you would never imagine were in perfect condition. As if they were pulled right off the store shelf just yesterday. So cool to see how different the packaging is from today. Somewhat nostalgic to see it all. I don’t have a storage unit, but I could easily see how many years of collecting can lead to that. I collect a ton of stuff, mainly games and actual collectibles. I’m sure your storage unit has some interesting stuff. And at this point, I bet a lot of it is going up in value.

A lot of those E bay flippers are aware of the desire of vintage diapers by the ABDL groups. They scour thrift stores and yard sales for old diapers and mark them up ridiculously. I know if you try your best to get to the thrift stores early you can beat them to getting them first.

Reactions: BabylinoAddict, TigerDL and PampLuv
MikeDJ said:
A lot of those E bay flippers are aware of the desire of vintage diapers by the ABDL groups. They scour thrift stores and yard sales for old diapers and mark them up ridiculously. I know if you try your best to get to the thrift stores early you can beat them to getting them first.

That’s good insight! I always wondered where they came from. That makes a lot of sense! Although, I work a ton, so I am unable to get to yard sales when they start usually. And thrift stores around here don’t have much vintage stuff at all. I live in a younger demographic area, so I would have to travel to find an older crowd where they might be. Either way, I am subject to eBay for most of what I’m looking for when it comes to “vintage” unfortunately. I couldn’t imagine finding a score like what they have sometimes. That being said, I can afford most of what I want (thank god) but I pay the price in time. So I am happy to pay the price as long as I think it’s worth it.

It’s sucks, but… It is what it is haha!

I value them, and clearly, someone wanted to buy them at auction [not talking buy it now] Vintage diapers are not a need, it's a desire. Other people buy rare vinyl or comic books. My vintage diaper auctions sold for a high price from 0.99 and they sold for a lot, sometimes. Like, the first pack of something rare and old might be over $100, but then if I tried it a week later, the competition was temporarily satisfied and it would go for less than $100. Once, I even got $500 in an auction for minnie mouse pullups, but every subsequent pack sold for under $100 each time thereafter.

Is it highway robbery? I mean, ebayers wanted to pay that much for whatever reason. Personally, if I saw a pack of the first princess pullups from 2003 I would happily over $100.

Is anyone really hurting anyone, or are we just getting butthurt? Good luck, nillas and ABDLs trying to find something that makes people happy. And frankly, if you see a ridiculous price on ebay, give it a week or two - after something sells for a monumental amount, the seller will lower it cause the one person who was willing to fork over that cash has been satisfied and now there is only demand at a fraction of the price

Reactions: Subtlerustle and PampLuv
I've only bought a few, but they were fairly priced. There have been listings for single packs of plastic backed diapers that exceed $1500. I don't think anyone has ever paid that much because those auctions have been listed for a long time.

Prices were good until all those shows started airing like "Storage Wars" and "American Pickers". After than the market became dominated by resellers who found out about the AB/DL community.

Reactions: PampLuv
I have a number of vintage diapers adult and baby, 1994 pampers , kroger comforts, some goodnites, will need to inventory the adult ones and j&j powder,. I need to learn the how to sell them.

GuybrushT said:
I value them, and clearly, someone wanted to buy them at auction [not talking buy it now] Vintage diapers are not a need, it's a desire. Other people buy rare vinyl or comic books. My vintage diaper auctions sold for a high price from 0.99 and they sold for a lot, sometimes. Like, the first pack of something rare and old might be over $100, but then if I tried it a week later, the competition was temporarily satisfied and it would go for less than $100. Once, I even got $500 in an auction for minnie mouse pullups, but every subsequent pack sold for under $100 each time thereafter.

Is it highway robbery? I mean, ebayers wanted to pay that much for whatever reason. Personally, if I saw a pack of the first princess pullups from 2003 I would happily over $100.

Is anyone really hurting anyone, or are we just getting butthurt? Good luck, nillas and ABDLs trying to find something that makes people happy. And frankly, if you see a ridiculous price on ebay, give it a week or two - after something sells for a monumental amount, the seller will lower it cause the one person who was willing to fork over that cash has been satisfied and now there is only demand at a fraction of the price

I have seen that happen first hand, the value dropped right after they sell for a ton. It’s all about good timing I think. I don’t buy often from there, but I do peruse from time to time. Even the buy it now prices are never met most of the time.

quartz200420012 said:
I've only bought a few, but they were fairly priced. There have been listings for single packs of plastic backed diapers that exceed $1500. I don't think anyone has ever paid that much because those auctions have been listed for a long time.

Prices were good until all those shows started airing like "Storage Wars" and "American Pickers". After than the market became dominated by resellers who found out about the AB/DL community.

Crazy to see that the vintage market is growing in so many ways, games, shirts, movies, hardware, etc. And it’s true, so many people see the shows and watch social media where people are making money on it. It was bound to happen, but it also makes me wonder if the market will ever calm down.

dondl2 said:
I have a number of vintage diapers adult and baby, 1994 pampers , kroger comforts, some goodnites, will need to inventory the adult ones and j&j powder,. I need to learn the how to sell them.

You could make a lot I bet. There are a lot of subtle nuances to selling them and getting the highest price. You might have a good investment on your hands. I would watch some YouTube videos and learn the best way to sell them on eBay.

EBay values do fluctuate a lot. I would argue that the stupid money days are over. During Covid and the time federal stimmy checks people went nuts. I sold a bag of Attends from my personal stash to make room for others. 580 bucks! It blew my mind but I was also happy that another AB/DL got some pleasure during a shitty time.

Yea I agree, it’s rare that you see anything going for a really high price. Still inflated but not nearly as bad. $580 is crazy hahaha gotta take advantage of that time. Same thing with the car business, they were going for so much around Covid. Wild times!

PampLuv said:
Yea I agree, it’s rare that you see anything going for a really high price. Still inflated but not nearly as bad. $580 is crazy hahaha gotta take advantage of that time. Same thing with the car business, they were going for so much around Covid. Wild times!
Wild times indeed. We are paying the inflationary piper now.

Reactions: BabylinoAddict and PampLuv
Subtlerustle said:
Wild times indeed. We are paying the inflationary piper now.
Yea, unfortunately so. But hopefully things will start to calm down a little more soon. The economy is so turbulent right now.

Reactions: Subtlerustle
Personally, I can’t justify the cost, when a couple diapers that may or may not fit cost the same amount as an order from ABU or Tykables.

Yup, I do. I collect all sorts of different diapers and pull ups from my childhood up through now. To be honest, I do use them, as that’s part of the enjoyment to me. It’s like owning a classic car: you get more out of it to use it rather than just letting it sit there. Also could be that I’ve amassed enough that it doesn’t bother me to use stuff, but I say enjoy it while you have it!
IMG_8859.pngIMG_8860.pngIMG_8861.png

• Wow
Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998, Adultivity, deepdriftAD and 2 others
PaddedBrony said:
Yup, I do. I collect all sorts of different diapers and pull ups from my childhood up through now. To be honest, I do use them, as that’s part of the enjoyment to me. It’s like owning a classic car: you get more out of it to use it rather than just letting it sit there. Also could be that I’ve amassed enough that it doesn’t bother me to use stuff, but I say enjoy it while you have it!
View attachment 130479View attachment 130480View attachment 130481

Yea, that’s definitely a collection! I don’t use any of mine, I pick and choose select packs and have them stored away. I wouldn’t be able to fit in them to begin with hahaha. Just cool having them as a whole, untouched.

Back