Transitioning To Wearing Diapers 24/7...

Being incontinent is challenging; I hate having to wear diapers but I have accepted the need but with reservations. Today I had a dentist appointment and wanted to wear jeans, not baggy jeans i'm tired of baggy jeans so I put on a pair of commercial incontinence underwear. Having worn diapers now for so long the underwear felt foreign to me but I liked the look of the jeans. It was a short visit and the underwear worked, I peed several times and thankfully I didn't leak while at the dentist. The drive home was long and made worse by traffic, I had to pee several more times and the underwear was maxed out any more peeing and I would have wet my pants. I got home and took the underwear off and quickly put on a diaper, now I'm comfortable and secure. Incontinence isn't easy,.

Reactions: RPO1LE, sport1, Edgewater and 6 others
I agree its harder for a woman to except and adapt to wearing diapers especially thicker premium ones, as women have more of a selection of clothing options then guys. Leggings seams to be the popular choice these days for a lot of women so wearing them with even a pull-up is not a option.

Alwayz is right dealing with incontinence is not easy, especially for young girls who would like to wear more form fitting clothing, I guess I am lucky as guy I never wore tight jeans and I was over 50 when my Ic issue hit and wearing one pants size up is no big deal at my age.

Reactions: Edgewater, TeddyBunny, Diprs2 and 1 other person
Hi angel. Thanks for the post. I find that those cheap Walmart style diapers only make life worse. I know that $ dictate your choice but changing multiple times a day is a huge problem. It make life absolutely miserable.

I find that it does not really cost anymore to purchase and use a high quality and high capacity diaper. Ie north shore supreme or Abena or confidry. With these you really only need three in a 24 hour period. Unless you go out and have a few beers then more.

Good luck and I wish you well. Make sure you see your doctor or urologist regularly and keep up on any new items that may help.

oh btw. There was a medical study that had an implant in your urethra with a device that had a controller that you could open and close the device and have control. God knows I wish I remember the device. I was accepted but the study was not being done in my area.

Reactions: Edgewater, TeddyBunny and Diprs2
Seconded, changing more often is a waste of time and increases your total cost per day. Not to mention the constant stress of leaking when using thin diapers or pullups. Life gets much easier when you just accept it and stick with better diapers.

Reactions: Edgewater, TeddyBunny, Diprs2 and 1 other person
Brandi said:
So true! That is especially the case for those of us who struggled for control, mapped out every restroom wherever we went, and wore a diaper only when we thought the risk of an accident was at its highest.

After so many accidents, we just gave in to the inevitable, and ... life got better! No more worrying, no more rushing to the loo, no more wetting or making excuses for why you have to go home or can't go somewhere. When it gets to the point that diapers make your life more normal, that is when you *need* them. You don't have to wait until you're wetting yourself in public everyday. In fact, you shouldn't wait that long.
All but the last one can relate to me. I've TBI, epilepsy,minor bowel incontinence,occasional constipation,occasional blood in stool,stress incontinence even though my last episode/accident was about 16 years ago,leak a tiny bit of urine after I get done peeing,tired of straining sometimes when I go No.2, and on the autism spectrum level one. These are all the reasons why I want to make a major shift from regular underwear to being diapered 24/7

Reactions: Edgewater, TeddyBunny and Diprs2
Main thing is to have faith in the product and know the chances of someone seeing you as being diapered is far less than them telling you are incontinent because you did not wear and had a accident. Once you realize that no one but you care that you are diapered it becomes pretty easy. But the piece of mind and not always scouting the restroom rom first thing when you walk into a building is just Amazing.

Reactions: TommyTheDiaperDuck, Edgewater, Jim100 and 1 other person
Brandi said:
So true! That is especially the case for those of us who struggled for control, mapped out every restroom wherever we went, and wore a diaper only when we thought the risk of an accident was at its highest.

After so many accidents, we just gave in to the inevitable, and ... life got better! No more worrying, no more rushing to the loo, no more wetting or making excuses for why you have to go home or can't go somewhere. When it gets to the point that diapers make your life more normal, that is when you *need* them. You don't have to wait until you're wetting yourself in public everyday. In fact, you shouldn't wait that long.
Well said

Reactions: Edgewater, Jim100 and Diprs2
Use the diapers to bring your mind ease, that’s what you wear them for.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192, Edgewater, freedom69 and 2 others
KitsuneFox said:
Sooner or later you will forget you have them on :)
Which is fine as long as she remembers before she leaks ;)

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater, Jim100 and Diprs2
AngelKitten said:
Hi. Just a quick update on how I have been doing lately. I am very well and happy, though my condition of incontinence has worsened over the last few months to the point that I have decided to manage it by wearing diapers all the time, 24/7, starting tonight. This is going to be somewhat of a challenge for me, requiring much more frequent changes day and night. Fortunately I have ample supplies so as to enable me to wear diapers all the time now. Thankfully I am very much used to wearing them, and I consider diapers practical and comfortable as well. I see no other alternative at this point other than wearing diapers day and night, otherwise, I will definitely have an accident in public. Wish me luck as I hopefully make this transition a successful and smooth one.
I wish you luck,love and happiness, I hope all goes well for you!

Reactions: TommyTheDiaperDuck, Edgewater and Diprs2
chuck said:
Good luck! Hope you are leak-proof. What brand/type of diaper did you select?
Seni

Reactions: Edgewater
Jim100 said:
You well get use to wearing diapers. And maybe make fun of the whole situation.
100%! I replied to another thread earlier that I refer to my diapers as "my Huggies". It's a small thing that sort of makes me smile.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
AngelKitten said:
Hi. Just a quick update on how I have been doing lately. I am very well and happy, though my condition of incontinence has worsened over the last few months to the point that I have decided to manage it by wearing diapers all the time, 24/7, starting tonight. This is going to be somewhat of a challenge for me, requiring much more frequent changes day and night. Fortunately I have ample supplies so as to enable me to wear diapers all the time now. Thankfully I am very much used to wearing them, and I consider diapers practical and comfortable as well. I see no other alternative at this point other than wearing diapers day and night, otherwise, I will definitely have an accident in public. Wish me luck as I hopefully make this transition a successful and smooth one.
I myself is urinary ic I wear 24/7, I transitioned from ic pads to pull- ups and the the last 9 months to diapers due to severe spinal stenosis the transition for me was very easy I also find them comfortable as well I even thought of doing indwelling catheters as well but the risk of infection can be a problem so I went with diapers instead good luck from BabyTigerCub.

• Love
Reactions: Diaperman95, PaddedRita, Diprs2 and 3 others
A high-speed car crash and reparative surgery, plus damaged nerves transition me to instant 24/7, U-IC now 45+ years ago. I came home with the standard hose and bag set-up and by the second day, the leaks and line connection failures had my dear wife collecting cloth diapers from our young son and with drug store adult plastic pans, she diapered me. That next day we were out and about. There was no hiding I was fully diapered and within a few days, I had found (as stated earlier) no one notices or if they do, they don't care. With mobile phones now-a-days, it is even less so! Wearing a MEGAMAX and Northshores Trifecta plastic pants and up one pant size, there are only very rare leaks. Point being, very little changes in life, if anything, life is easier.

Also want to underline something else said earlier; Barrier Creams and Baby Powder are your friends, use often and as much as you need. Diaper Rash suck!

Enjoy!! Life is way to short and wearing diapers allows you to be out there enjoying it!
If asked; I stated that yes, I am wearing a diaper. Have never been asked why!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Diaperman95, BABYTIGERCUB, PaddedRita and 2 others
I 'am lucky most days can wear padded incontinence pants but at night must wear a diaper.

Reactions: BABYTIGERCUB, Diprs2, bdale and 1 other person
I find disposable tapped diapers way more convenient as you can change easily as you dont have to remove your pants to change when out in public , public bathrooms are usually not that clean and the floors are wet most of the time

Reactions: Lethdale, BABYTIGERCUB, Diprs2 and 3 others
Been wearing for long time now ! One of the hardest part was getting use to how they felt , took over six months before I was comfortable with wearing them. Plus my hygiene habits did change also ! Another one finding right clothing that would fit just right over them! I Just about had to replace a all wardrobe with new ! The hardest was when my diaper was swelling up, a very uncomfortable feeling it was !

Last edited:
Reactions: Lethdale, BABYTIGERCUB, Diprs2 and 2 others
alwayz said:
Being incontinent is challenging; I hate having to wear diapers but I have accepted the need but with reservations. Today I had a dentist appointment and wanted to wear jeans, not baggy jeans i'm tired of baggy jeans so I put on a pair of commercial incontinence underwear. Having worn diapers now for so long the underwear felt foreign to me but I liked the look of the jeans. It was a short visit and the underwear worked, I peed several times and thankfully I didn't leak while at the dentist. The drive home was long and made worse by traffic, I had to pee several more times and the underwear was maxed out any more peeing and I would have wet my pants. I got home and took the underwear off and quickly put on a diaper, now I'm comfortable and secure. Incontinence isn't easy,.
I always wear a diaper when going to dentist and drs just don't want a accident can sometimes wear my padded incontinence pants.

Reactions: Edgewater, BABYTIGERCUB, Diprs2 and 1 other person
I feel like this is me right now. Recently developed bedwetting issues and daytime urgency. Going to the bathroom 1-4 times an hour is no fun. Literally switched to diapers 24/7 so that I could have some sense of normalcy and so that I could do things like participating in meetings at work without having to leave.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192, diaperdude, Edgewater and 3 others
sport1 said:
I always wear a diaper when going to dentist and drs just don't want a accident can sometimes wear my padded incontinence pants.
I bought some long tunic tops they have them fo men and women they have them for summer and winter I like them because they cover my diapered backside.

Reactions: diaperdude, sport1, Napincolove and 1 other person
Back