Toilet Training age Poll 2023

How old were you when you fished potty trained and no longer wore diapers during the daytime

• Total voters
Chimera said:
Mom said I wasn't fully trained and out of diapers until I was 5, before kindergarten. She tried as early as 3 years old and I was very resistant to it. And even after I was potty trained, I still wet the bed nearly every single night until I was in my late teenage years.
I was the same. My mother was sure she would have to send me to school in nappies. I wet the bed every night until my late teens and often until my early 20s.

Last edited:
PrettyLilPrincess said:
Up until about second grade, I was in and out of diapers, because I was having bowel accidents. Around that time, My parents realized I wasn't making any progress, so I was put back in goodnites. It was intended to be for about two months, until my bowel movements were no longer "uncomfortable" (as my mom said I described it in a letter she wrote to one of my special ed teachers), but two months became over a decade, and that's where I am today.
I kind of had the same thing happen to me as a kid. I was potty trained and out of diapers around 4.5 to 5 yrs old, but every now and again, I'd still have pooping accidents. Around age 08, after many spankings and enemas, I too was put back into Goodnites as well for pooping. I hated it at first, cause I was getting a spanking after having the diaper put on me. I remember it too well. I begged to be spanked with my diaper on, but she then slid it down and pulled me back over her knee and spanked me with the belt. This was at 8 years old.

So this is where the magic began for me. I was in the diaper all night and woke up the next morning to seeing it messy. So I was changed and in them for about a month, which was around how many were in a pack back then, for one a night.

Around 10 years old, we moved and my cousin moved in with us. I had started wetting the bed. I was sat down on the couch and asked if I wanted to be put back in diapers. Instead of fighting it and pleading not to be put back in diapers, I said yes, so we went to store and I was once again back in diapers. This time though, it was Goodnites for the day time and Huggies for the night, cause I was still occassionally having pooping accidents at 10.

After that, I was in and out of diapers my entire life, and now, when I'm not working, I'm in diapers almost 24/7 now.

I only answered ‘Other’ but I know that I was potty trained early on....

.... I have a vague feeling that I might have heard mum ranting sometime in my life about ‘you were all potty trained by/before 2!’ or something similar, probably during school I guess —

— but I really don’t recall how old I was, and starting school was so immensely stressful that I became ‘un-potty-trained’ and stayed that way for many years, I think all through primary/middle school —

— but also my interoception (sense of what’s going on inside your body) is Not Good due to ADHD/being autistic so between that and getting hyperfocused on stuff for a long time, I would also often not even realise I needed to go at all until I suddenly needed to go VERY badly and couldn’t always make it in time.

I was trained around the time I was 4, barely old enough to still remember being in Pull Ups somewhat, which may be a bit of a contributing factor as to why I love Pull Ups even today. Although part of me thinks I didn't really want to fully give them up in the first place because I distinctively remember fantasizing about going back to them by the time I was like 5.

I was age 3 ...My mom wanted me trained by pre school days. I did miss the thick crinkly diapers but did actually like the bulky plastic covered thick padded training pants I got to wear at night and sometimes at home. This was the mid 70s before all the Pull ups rage.

I put 2-3 potty trained back then but now I can't say that lol I can't remember my last dry night and also have day time accidents lol 😅

I was 2yrs 3 days, apparently I was done with them.

I put 3, even though more realistically it was like 2 years, 11 months, which I guess is a bit late for a girl at that time ... I was born in 1999, that would've been early 2002.

God knows why, but I actually have memories from being way younger than that, my memory starts at maybe 2 years, 3 months or something like that. I do remember wearing nappies as a toddler, and not just one memory, I got a few.
I think my first memory ever, or at least one of them, confirmed my DL status early on. I remember my mother changing my nappy, and specifically the bit where she's taping up a clean nappy on me, I remember thinking it felt lush.
Bit messy, I remember being at my grandparents house in Norway when I was probably 2 and a half. I remember (excuse this graphic imagery) taking a dump in my nappy then hiding under the table, away from my granddad.

I do not remember when I was no longer put in Nappies on an everyday basis but I was put back in Nappies for long trips out in the car until about 4, but according to my mum I was pretty much trained from just over 18 or so months ?
I think that may have been fanciful thinking given everyone elses replies here but then she was no liar.

Napincolove said:
I do not remember when I was no longer put in Nappies on an everyday basis but I was put back in Nappies for long trips out in the car until about 4, but according to my mum I was pretty much trained from just over 18 or so months ?
I think that may have been fanciful thinking given everyone elses replies here but then she was no liar.
Do you have many memories of being in nappies for car trips? Was your mum angry if you used them?

I was potty trained when I was 11. I was only potty trained then because I was starting secondary school soon. I still wet the bed till I was probably 12 and a half

Last edited:
Back