Toilet Training age Poll 2023

How old were you when you fished potty trained and no longer wore diapers during the daytime

• Total voters

Halibut

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
I wanted to do another one of these polls
you can choose 2 options Incase you are uncertain or have a complicated history with potty training

Reactions: BabyLink9
I answered "2 years old," although that's a bit of a stretch. According to Mom, I was almost 3. She'd intended to let me set the pace, but my pace was too slow. She said that one day I came to her with a loaded diaper and deadpanned, "Change me." She was like, "THAT'S IT!!!" and started sitting me on the toilet. Apparently I was trained in about a week, and she felt foolish for not encouraging me sooner.

I have no memories of wearing diapers prior to potty training, but I remember wearing them to bed shortly after.

Last edited:
Reactions: theancientmariner
I answered 5 and 8 Because i was technically trained at 5 but I had triggers that made me have accidents till I was 9

Reactions: paul484819 and NappiedB
I potty trained during the day at around 4 years old but up until I was 6 or 7 my mum would put a nappy on me if we were going somewhere where getting to the toilet quickly would be difficult such as a long car journey. At night I wore pampers to bed until about 6 and then drynites after that up until the age of 9. I’ve mentioned this before in previous posts but I was lucky enough to have fairly relaxed parents when it came to nappies and potty training. I was never made to feel bad for needing them (even though I secretly liked them anyway!) and would often stay in a very wet night nappy in the morning, continuing to use it for its intended use until my parents made me change. I think this is one of the reasons why I am a DL today, as I associate them with being little and free to wear around the house and other people.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 77437, paul484819, Lostdiapersboy and 1 other person
Up until about second grade, I was in and out of diapers, because I was having bowel accidents. Around that time, My parents realized I wasn't making any progress, so I was put back in goodnites. It was intended to be for about two months, until my bowel movements were no longer "uncomfortable" (as my mom said I described it in a letter she wrote to one of my special ed teachers), but two months became over a decade, and that's where I am today.

Reactions: MaximusWolfheart
I got out of daytime diapers most of the time just before I started kindergarten when I was five and wore training pants until I was seven. My parents made me wear diapers on long car until I was ten and I have worn diapers to bed my entire life.

Well this is a tough one, because I was out out daily diapers (except at night) by around 5 years old, but I still wore them occasionally for situations where an accident was likely until I was 11 or 12. So I didn't 'finish' potty training for a long time but I got 99% of the way there

This is a tough one but I'd say 3 years old, but even then I barely remember my childhood except bits and pieces due to trama so yeah. Even then I have a weird history with potty training so yeah.

Last edited:
Reactions: paul484819
I put 2 and 3 because I know it was before 3 and after my brother was born when I was 1-1/2. I’m guessing mom started my training the summer when I was 2-1/2. I know for both my brothers, they started potty training in the summer. This was early 70s and no pull-ups, so we were using cloth training pants, and warm summer days let you run around in just those to minimize the amount of laundry generated.

I was adopted at the age of 2 and I was still in diapers so I'm guessing I was 3 when potty trained. I can remember sitting on the little seat that sits on the toilet seat with my mom encouraging me "to go".

I was trained when I was around 3.5 years old. Needless to say it was an awful experience.

I've always been IC. I remember how it frustrated my mom. Just like it did for me. As an IC person, I know that "potty training" doesn't work. At least for most of us. When my mom gave up, I think I gave up too. At that point I knew that diapers was my only options. Even at an age of 8. Of course I tried "potty training" for years. I'd sit at the toilet for hours. Never helped. I'm still IC and wearing a diaper isn't the end of the world. It's not fatal. I've never liked wearing a diaper but at some point you finally accept it. Do I like diapers? Actually I'm ambivalent. Wearing a diaper allows me to be normal. I still remember how it felt trying to control my body. It was more than frustrating. Now I've moved on. Still IC but more comfortable with being IC. But it's never easy.

Reactions: moorey, Fleetwoodmac32192 and dogboy
I asked my mother once and have since forgotten what she said but I believe it was close to two years old but not over.

I have no memory of potty training or wearing diapers at that time.

I was potty trained around 18 months. Might have had to do with the birth of my brother; in the days of cloth diapers she wouldn't have wanted two kids diapered, plus it was fairly common for kids to be potty trained that early in those days. A lot fewer moms worked outside the home in that era and I suspect to some extent moms were trained more than the kids, having time to anticipate pee and poop and getting the kid on the potty chair.

I put 4 but still had accidents past that and was sometimes but in pull-ups during the day.

Reactions: wetaccident and Lyric
My wife and I had been playing our baby games for several years prior. One evening at a family gathering the conversation of potty training came up. My mother shared her experiences with potty training my siblings and I when we were young. Bragging about how I was the easiest and was even staying dry nights by 20 months. Glancing over at my wife she was trying so hard not to laugh or say anything, a little later we were alone and she and she said "if your mother only knew". When we got home that night I ended up in Pampers and spent the night diapered...

Reactions: sinceiwassmall, antoniorain789 and diapers4life
I was daytime trained at 3 and wet the bed till i was 11

So mine was a little different... I was potty trained really utterly on even though pediatrician told my mom that it was a bad idea since I needed to have a corrective surgery and any potty training would basically be a waste of time because we would end up having to do it all over again

My mom was an idiot and went ahead in potty trained me really early at like 1 and 1/2

Then around 2 or so I had surgery and ended up back in diapers until about 4 years old

In fact I ended up getting kicked out of preschool because I locked the teachers and students outside during recess.. Of course it started raining

I would not let them in... And I ended up wetting and messing my pants... So as you can imagine... It was back in diapers again until kindergarten... And then off and on at night pretty much forever

I wasn't totally daytime potty trained until I was 7. I had to wear diapers and rubber pants in the first grade until I was able stay dry all day, near the end of the first grade. I still wet my bed at night though and wore diapers until I was 17. We wore cloth diapers and Gerber plastic panties then.

I moved in with my Gran when I was turned four, and I wasn’t properly potty trained. My Gran wasn’t having any of that and I can remember she would announce “botty on the potty” and I’d have to sit on the potty until she told me I could get off. If I didn’t cooperate it would be a smacking.

I suppose soon enough I was potty trained, but overnight I was wetting and I was in what I remember were called ‘training pants’ until I was about 6.

Back