Those "Gutt feelings"

Wondercrinkee said:
And the further we go walkin' down the road of life, it seems the better we get at it. You got it.
This One believes those who fail to heed it, or simply lack it, never live for long anyway?
'Fortune favors the brave and keen-of-senses!'
;-)

Wondercrinkee said:
I'm heartfelt for your terrible experience. Losing a child is a place hard to walk.

In life, there are always the "What ifs", which complicate our balance of things. It's a nasty game to do the "Coulda-shoulda-woulda-but didn'ts" because it's too dangerous for your mental health and unrealistic.

Hundreds of decisions and emotions sift through us constantly through our days in being on this earth. Trying to be perfect is insane. Life and death without your hand controlling it isn't your fault, never do that to yourself. (Like guns are a thought-out device. It's a done deal or not).

Actions are things that are done. Decisions are balanced by so many factors that one hopes wisdom grows through trials and events as a person ages, but there are so many things to consider it's overwhelming to think we could ever have a finger on reality all the time to prevent tragedies or create great riches.

I wrote something this morning that popped in my head about life: "It's a hard dance to balance the spirit, the soul, and the mind with the body. If any one of the 4 or more (in combinations of the above) is messed with, you have a change in personal identity one way or another for that inner experience."

I wrote one thing as a teen: The only thing about perfection is the word itself for what it stands for in its definition. If you think about it, perfection is an illusion, an adjective, and only true to one thing at a time at the moment since whatever it was couldn't be reproduced exactly the same to the atom again, which means a crumpled shopping bag is "Perfect".

We are only able to give the best we had at the moment for what the moment was at that time given the situation.

Sorry to ramble.:unsure:😓
I'm happy to read your 'rambles'! (Thank you!😊)

stinkape said:
I had that feeling once .
My son was wanting a 1989 mustang Gt 5.0, I test drove it for him and had a very foreboding feeling that he would be killed in it
He had the money to buy it and I knew fighting him over it would only cause problems .
Well I told him he could get it . 4 months later at 17 years old he was killed after wrapping it around a concrete peer at 80 mph while street racing .
I spent 5 years trying to figure out how to live with myself and I will spend the rest of my life missing him and asking myself what if .
I am so sorry that happened.. I have nothing to give , but I wish I do... sending you my love ...

Reactions: stinkape
Wondercrinkee said:
I'm heartfelt for your terrible experience. Losing a child is a place hard to walk.

In life, there are always the "What ifs", which complicate our balance of things. It's a nasty game to do the "Coulda-shoulda-woulda-but didn'ts" because it's too dangerous for your mental health and unrealistic.

Hundreds of decisions and emotions sift through us constantly through our days in being on this earth. Trying to be perfect is insane. Life and death without your hand controlling it isn't your fault, never do that to yourself. (Like guns are a thought-out device. It's a done deal or not).

Actions are things that are done. Decisions are balanced by so many factors that one hopes wisdom grows through trials and events as a person ages, but there are so many things to consider it's overwhelming to think we could ever have a finger on reality all the time to prevent tragedies or create great riches.

I wrote something this morning that popped in my head about life: "It's a hard dance to balance the spirit, the soul, and the mind with the body. If any one of the 4 or more (in combinations of the above) is messed with, you have a change in personal identity one way or another for that inner experience."

I wrote one thing as a teen: The only thing about perfection is the word itself for what it stands for in its definition. If you think about it, perfection is an illusion, an adjective, and only true to one thing at a time at the moment since whatever it was couldn't be reproduced exactly the same to the atom again, which means a crumpled shopping bag is "Perfect".

We are only able to give the best we had at the moment for what the moment was at that time given the situation.

Sorry to ramble.:unsure:😓

Thanks for your prospective , My sons accident was back in 2003 my beliefs I had at the time have changed profoundly ( I hold no beliefs in a creator or religion )

My wife and I survived with our marriage intact and we raised our beautiful daughter who was only 5 at the time .
Life changes people .

Reactions: Sapphyre, Woncrinklz and Kittyinpink
stinkape said:
Thanks for your prospective , My sons accident was back in 2003 my beliefs I had at the time have changed profoundly ( I hold no beliefs in a creator or religion )

My wife and I survived with our marriage intact and we raised our beautiful daughter who was only 5 at the time .
Life changes people .
It sure does. I can't tell you how happy, even though I don't know you. that your family is intact. Most importantly okay. That's something that is stronger than anything in this universe.

I hope I didn't write anything odd. I have spent literally all my life trying to figure it all out. I have nothing per se, going on with me about anything other than a compulsion to hold on to a notion that this reality is definitely something else, or we humans wouldn't be in search for or to do so many things while we are here.

I want to feel that by the time I pass that I have a good idea about myself, I haven't cheated anyone or myself from my "Who I am-ness" and I maintain honest and fair integrity as I navigate from day-to-day. It's hard to balance emotions with fact and the interesting realities of the unknown. I loved the ghosty stuff and the "Paranormal" things that happen through life.

I keep an open mind with no judgments as much as possible (Although I have a lively sense of humor which can get me in trouble where I lose my authoritative so-to-speak stance for the moment) and I keep an honest unpainted eye on the interestingly odd things that happen every now and then because I fear being at my death bed feeling I had no darn idea what I was doing through my life and to be left having some last-minute epiphany that I was way-off all along.

It really kinda beats me why I felt that way all my life, other than my recollections as a child asking my parents what they remembered when they were kids and to be told about their stories but the only answers I ever always got were, "I don't remember."

So I pay huge attention to the nuances. Thank you for commenting on this. It's really appreciated a lot!!! (I like the name "Stinkape"!!!)😂

This subject really helps me figure things out. I really appreciate everyone's opinions and stories!!! I really do. More than you all can imagine.🥰

Reactions: Kittyinpink
Wondercrinkee said:
[...] I have spent literally all my life trying to figure it all out. I have nothing per se, going on with me about anything other than a compulsion to hold on to a notion that this reality is definitely something else, or we humans wouldn't be in search for or to do so many things while we are here.

I want to feel that by the time I pass that I have a good idea about myself, I haven't cheated anyone or myself from my "Who I am-ness" and I maintain honest and fair integrity as I navigate from day-to-day. It's hard to balance emotions with fact and the interesting realities of the unknown. I loved the ghosty stuff and the "Paranormal" things that happen through life.

I keep an open mind with no judgments as much as possible (Although I have a lively sense of humor which can get me in trouble where I lose my authoritative so-to-speak stance for the moment) and I keep an honest unpainted eye on the interestingly odd things that happen every now and then because I fear being at my death bed feeling I had no darn idea what I was doing through my life and to be left having some last-minute epiphany that I was way-off all along.

I think I know what you mean. I've studied the question of reality in one way or another since I was a child, and this drew me to the paranormal and also to theoretical physics.

There are many things I wish I could go back in time to explain to my younger self by way of unraveling the mystery, things I've understood that no one was available to explain to me at the time. Much of it consists of learning of ideas that aren't correct, about tempting ontological mistakes to avoid and how. Maybe with such a head start I could be further along than I am now... then again, not all of the relevant physics experiments had been conclusively performed yet back then, so maybe not... c'est la vie, right?

Feel free to DM to compare notes if you'd like.

Reactions: Woncrinklz
Sapphyre said:
I think I know what you mean. I've studied the question of reality in one way or another since I was a child, and this drew me to the paranormal and also to theoretical physics.

There are many things I wish I could go back in time to explain to my younger self by way of unraveling the mystery, things I've understood that no one was available to explain to me at the time. Much of it consists of learning of ideas that aren't correct, about tempting ontological mistakes to avoid and how. Maybe with such a head start I could be further along than I am now... then again, not all of the relevant physics experiments had been conclusively performed yet back then, so maybe not... c'est la vie, right?

Feel free to DM to compare notes if you'd like.
That's me. I usually say, "That's life, Sanyo" but yes.
I've hammered out a lot. I love physics, too. Get it. Just didn't go into the mathematical breakdowns because my mind has prejudice to the limitations of numbers, sees past to the things non-numeric and into a realm atomic...hard to explain. Music can do it as well as my imagination/etc...

That's why I like Star Trek. A fun simple dance of a show, but some of their concepts were enjoyable, like when they had "The Traveler" and he shot them to a place that had globes of things in a seemingly raw essence of creation as pure energy and other places where just thought created things very alive to the one thinking, etc.

Thanks for your comment. 😊

Wondercrinkee said:
It sure does. I can't tell you how happy, even though I don't know you. that your family is intact. Most importantly okay. That's something that is stronger than anything in this universe.

I hope I didn't write anything odd. I have spent literally all my life trying to figure it all out. I have nothing per se, going on with me about anything other than a compulsion to hold on to a notion that this reality is definitely something else, or we humans wouldn't be in search for or to do so many things while we are here.

It really kinda beats me why I felt that way all my life, other than my recollections as a child asking my parents what they remembered when they were kids and to be told about their stories but the only answers I ever always got were, "I don't remember."

So I pay huge attention to the nuances. Thank you for commenting on this. It's really appreciated a lot!!! (I like the name "Stinkape"!!!)😂

This subject really helps me figure things out. I really appreciate everyone's opinions and stories!!! I really do. More than you all can imagine.🥰
I have been growing so much as a person...I literally didn't understand a thing! And I'm still learning so much ! I used to hide my truths from others and unfortunately sometimes myself.. I try and be honest now , but sometimes it's simply not a good idea.. for instance I want a different job , do I tell my prospective employer:
A .-I hate being a boy
B.- I sometimes wear nappies.
C.- I suck my passifier every day.
D. - ETC...🤣.. I'm very glad I can be honest on this site, and all of you have made an amazing and positive difference to my life!

I always say “ Life is a symphony of chaos “
I don’t know if someone has said it before

Every thing around us is spinning and happening in such a chaotic form ,things happen that shouldn’t ,others by the choices we make ,some people have it better than others and can achieve so much more just because of their outside or internal environment ,
It’s up to us the individual to put all the random notes of life thrown and hurled at us in random form into the music that is our life .
For some they can’t connect the notes into something or anything at all, by no fault of their own , others it’s a constant violent arrangement, and then there are those that are beautiful with gentle notes ,ups and downs like morning dew ,doldrums,fireworks, passionate kisses . But at the end of the day I think we all build the the symphony that is our life . We are our own conductors .

Reactions: DiaperedKhajiit and Kittyinpink
stinkape said:
I always say “ Life is a symphony of chaos “
I don’t know if someone has said it before

Every thing around us is spinning and happening in such a chaotic form ,things happen that shouldn’t ,others by the choices we make ,some people have it better than others and can achieve so much more just because of their outside or internal environment ,
It’s up to us the individual to put all the random notes of life thrown and hurled at us in random form into the music that is our life .
For some they can’t connect the notes into something or anything at all, by no fault of their own , others it’s a constant violent arrangement, and then there are those that are beautiful with gentle notes ,ups and downs like morning dew ,doldrums,fireworks, passionate kisses . But at the end of the day I think we all build the the symphony that is our life . We are our own conductors .
Wow! You should be a professional poet! Beautiful...

Reactions: stinkape
fleckothefennec said:
I find this often I life. Some of my best experiences with it are when I am hunting, and it's why I always hunt alone. When I am in the forest I will feel myself being pulled towards a Grove or cut that was not my original intended direction. I am almost never let down and come into prey in areas and situations that I could not have planned if I wanted to. My intuition will tell me where to go and outside influences will try to distract me but I will not let them.
This One also enjoys being in the out-of-doors, yet knows on the ladder of predators, I am a few rungs from the top! Many times that 'Tickling' feeling crept up my spine, and though I would pause and look around, testing the air for any scent of danger, I would find none. Yet later, circling my camp, there would be prints or sign of a large bear, or wolves, cougar or other, stopped and pointed at my sight, letting me know they had been watching.
This One prefers to keep his hide where it belongs, and innards out of the stomach of another!

Back