The Challenge of Meeting Friends

Thank you for the good thoughts about ghosting. Friendships costs very much power and sometimes you sre not in talking but go with your best friend to a bar... this something you couldnt do here. And the problem are some IRL issues. Community costs time, you not always have. And sometime you have to decide, if you do online time or IRL time with your friends and family.
And the there comes the binge and purge. As i look to the persons i talk to more often, they are all older people. And i think they all left the binge and purge behind.

At all i also wanted friend being abdl and sharing some interests

Reactions: ShyBoo81
I'd like to piggyback off of this thread and chime in about something that's been on my mind. I want to find other ABDL friends in my area who are also close in age to me, but I don't really know where to start. I'm already in a couple local discord servers, I have some local friends, but they're all millennials. My friend in Washington found some at his university and they went to Abu together. Spent a whole weekend doing ABDL stuff together in Seattle.

Friends , what a tough subject .
I have chatted with a few people on here and even met one IRL but I haven’t seen him here for a while .
Somtimes we will text each other but I’m old enough to be his father and he’s got a young family with a new baby and as the sole breadwinner he stays pretty busy . That’s ok
As adults we often get wrapped up in our own lives and work so we make less time for the types of friendships we had when we were younger .
Hang in there and don’t be afraid to post , the more you do the more people here will get a feel for who you are .

Be patient you get what you give .

Reactions: snugglyowl, ShyBoo81 and BBBen
stinkape said:
As adults we often get wrapped up in our own lives and work so we make less time for the types of friendships we had when we were younger .
Hang in there and don’t be afraid to post , the more you do the more people here will get a feel for who you are .

Be patient you get what you give .
Im ranting here for a bit, but this is one thing I dislike about being an adult. Losing touch with friends and not wanting to hang out anymore seems like a socially normal thing we just accept. I understand everyone being too busy with their own lives + dealing with burnout, but I wish adults would put a bit more effort in reaching out to friends. My IRL friends from college are like this, hard to make any plans to hang out with them cause they just seem so uninterested nowadays. Sadly, I think our friend group is coming to a close soon

Best thing to do moving forward is to make new friends. And as you said, it will take alot of patience, but hopefully I manage to overcome social anxiety and find meaningful relationships with someone

Reactions: db80, BBBen and stinkape
ShyBoo81 said:
Im ranting here for a bit, but this is one thing I dislike about being an adult. Losing touch with friends and not wanting to hang out anymore seems like a socially normal thing we just accept. I understand everyone being too busy with their own lives + dealing with burnout, but I wish adults would put a bit more effort in reaching out to friends. My IRL friends from college are like this, hard to make any plans to hang out with them cause they just seem so uninterested nowadays. Sadly, I think our friend group is coming to a close soon

Best thing to do moving forward is to make new friends. And as you said, it will take alot of patience, but hopefully I manage to overcome social anxiety and find meaningful relationships with someone
I hear ya . I can reach out to friends or even family but it seams the phone only rings one way .
So now at 58 I have just said basi to hell with it all . If someone don’t think I’m worth a phone call once in a while then I’m just done .
I’ll just stay my Sasquatch self and be the social distancing champion

Reactions: ShyBoo81 and BBBen
To be honest - iam some of a point happy, that its not only my own experience with friends. Sometimes it feels like, if you are not active, nobody would do it. And then it feels like a oneway thing. 🙈
And on the other side, sometimes iam the one, who isnt active and dont reply with calling or celebrations and meetings. And to some very old friends it seems that we lost our conection. 😒

Last edited:
Reactions: ShyBoo81
Back