Soaked the bed.... again

Raven801

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Sometimes I wish I wasn't a side sleeper šŸ¤£ it just creates issues some times.
Man being IC can be a pain in the ass
What's the best disposable diaper for side sleepers?
I used to use cloth to sleep in and man did they work but where I'm at right now I don't have a washer and dryer so cloth is kind of out.
Any ideas on what is best
I have a water proof cover and several extra sets of bedding it just a hassle to deal with

Reactions: Diprs2
Nothing works for side sleepers. A pair of plastic pants is about the only thing, and even those don't always cut it if you wet hard or your diaper pokes above the waist.

The big washable incontinence pads that go under you are really good for this type of thing. They're comfortable to sleep on and a lot easier to wash than everything else.

Reactions: Diprs2, sport1 and Constantlydamp
I also had a bad night diaper leaked outside of pants.

Reactions: Diprs2 and tiron101
I use A silk bread underpad paired up with A good diaper like Abena m4.
A real laundry saver and A little piece of mind.

Reactions: Diprs2, Raven801, tiron101 and 1 other person
Been a bed wetter almost all my life and have tried many things to keep from soaking my mattress. My nightly routine now is a max absorbency diaper with pee proof panties over it and a bed pad under the sheets. I've always enjoyed wetting the bed but don't like ruining my mattress.

Reactions: Diprs2, Angelapinks, Raven801 and 1 other person
IĀ“m a nightly bedwetter and a good portion of my output happens on my side. So far, BetterDry10 has worked just fine for me. Another good advice given above is to add a disposable underpad to catch possible leaks.

Reactions: Diprs2, EcoIncon, Raven801 and 1 other person
DinoFran said:
IĀ“m a nightly bedwetter and a good portion of my output happens on my side. So far, BetterDry10 has worked just fine for me. Another good advice given above is to add a disposable underpad to catch possible leaks.
Can I ask you some questions can I please private message you

Reactions: DinoFrant
joshdiaper202 said:
Can I ask you some questions can I please private message you
Of course!

these PeaPod mats are nice I recently bought a 3x5 and the stay in place and absorb well

Attachments

• Untitleddesign_33-848262_2000x.jpg
    Untitleddesign_33-848262_2000x.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: brandonthug, Raven801 and sissybaby34
Raven, I am double incontinent and also a bedwetter. I also am a side sleeper and even a premium diaper will leak. However, although my diaper may leak, I never actually wet the bed. The difference is that I wear plastic pants over my diaper to catch the predictable leaks. I also have a reusable bed pad on top of the bottom sheet.

--John
(double incontinent)

Reactions: sport1, Raven801 and Mathew
dpcare said:
these PeaPod mats are nice I recently bought a 3x5 and the stay in place and absorb well

Not only am I a side sleeper but Iā€™m sometimes a restless sleeper will these stay in place

Reactions: brandonthug
@Raven801 I myself had to do the walk of shame this morning because I leaked not real bad, my mattress protector saved me because itā€™s a full zipper one but my blanket and sheets along with my T-shirt had to be washed because I was restless last night which added to the leaking.

Leaks will happen so always protect the bed and use a washable bed pad.

The disposable diaper manufacturers just don't get it that if we sleep on our sides there's no padding to soak it all up. It doesn't matter how carefully you put on your diaper/nappy it's bound to leak if you wet heavily and the pee flows round the side. Of course we have to use mattress protectors and plastic pants but they shouldn't be necessary except for rare occasions. I use cloth nappies at night for this reason. The cloth at the sides really soaks up all the wandering pee (and naturally I wear plastic pants over the top). OK it's a pain to have to launder them and you do need a washing machine to do it but honestly it's worth it in the long run.

Reactions: Raven801
At the risk of being the manufacturers advocate, I would suggest that they do know. The problem is difficult to solve without adding a cost that consumers are willing to pay.

Consider how you would fix this. You'd have to provide absorbent material around the entire hip area, and then make certain that it gets absorbed without leaking. It would be like putting a sealed booster around each hip. Would some be willing to pay for that? Likely, but are the manufacturers satisfied by the smaller market demand for the product?

Now if you could get the ab/dl crowd excited about it, perhaps they would market it. šŸ˜

Reactions: Raven801 and DinoFrant
slimjiminy said:
At the risk of being the manufacturers advocate, I would suggest that they do know. The problem is difficult to solve without adding a cost that consumers are willing to pay.

Consider how you would fix this. You'd have to provide absorbent material around the entire hip area, and then make certain that it gets absorbed without leaking. It would be like putting a sealed booster around each hip. Would some be willing to pay for that? Likely, but are the manufacturers satisfied by the smaller market demand for the product?

Now if you could get the ab/dl crowd excited about it, perhaps they would market it. šŸ˜
Well of course that's true but ab's dl's and inco people sleep on their sides - maybe most of us. If they do know about the problem they must be ignoring it because leakage when side-sleeping is pretty much inevitable with disposables as they are. I just don't think they appreciate the problems of night wetting or they'd fix it. Probably would cost more but it's only necessary for night diapers.

So many diaper want to emphasize discretion and forget about performance

Reactions: DinoFrant
dpcare said:
Ain't that the truth šŸ˜šŸ¤£ hit the nail on the head šŸ¤£

Reactions: dpcare
dpcare said:
Can I please private message you

Back