Shoe Size is driving me nuts

mistykitty said:
The +/- 2 rule is that in US shoe sizes the womens equivalent of a mens size shoe is always 2-2.5 more or less then a mens. So a 13 mens would be a 11 in womens or 15 in womens.
It is two sizes difference, the bigger figure being the women's size. A 13 would be a 15 in women's. In my case, I have to wear a size 8 girls Caterpillar workboot, as 6 doesn't come in mens sizes (they start at size 7 mens.)

mistykitty said:
@BobbiSueEllen I think you might have it right and I got mixed up. it's become natural for me now but I had to learn that conversion when I initially started buying women's sizes instead of men's
As I was saying it is different. I also think it is unnecessarily confusing just like US kids sizes… just don’t get me started on that! I also think this is what was making it difficult to work out for OP.

Reactions: mistykitty and BobbiSueEllen
sissygirlpink said:
Hello,

Firstly everyone has problems with getting shoes that fit, even ladies themselves as manufacturers differ.

From a crossdresser perspective, I find that my ladies shoes fit perfectly fine using my own male size, UK11.

I’m unsure whether you are looking at your first pair so I’d recommend you try some ballet flats. They’re relatively inexpensive and available in larger sizes and probably more so in your size 9. Also as I’m pretty sure like me, you’re not going to walk into a high street shop to try them, use Amazon, especially prime which invariably is next day delivery and easily returnable.

I have amassed a good collection of ladies and girls shoes to suit my dressing needs, probably around 16 pairs in different styles and heels.

It is important to remember though, even with your ladies clothes and underwear, you will probably end up with things that you don’t like or are just not quite right. At the end of the day it is somewhat trial and error.

I hope that helps and good luck, let’s us know how you get on.

Here’s some of mine.

View attachment 129420

View attachment 129422
View attachment 129423
View attachment 129424
View attachment 129425

Jenny x ❤️
a size and a half larger than your male shoes

There are so many sexist practices in place in the US they just need to make some standard systems and stick with it (and by standard I also mean unbiased) :mad:

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Shoes are not so much the problem it's how tite the socks have gotten.
They feel like I'm in shackles.
My legs have red bands around them I can't buy a size big enough.

Reactions: JensBabyGirl
Just take your boy size shoe, add 2 numbers to it & that should be your gurl size shoe. So if you wear a size 9 boy shoe, a size 11 gurl shoe is what you should be wearing so they fit properly. Also M width is medium & fits most people. I’ve been buying my shoes this way for years after realizing I don’t wear a gurls size 10 ‘cuz 11 is my size.

For example, If you want to buy some Converse Chuck Taylor sneakers they have both boy & gurl sizes printed right on the boxes. So that’s how I learned what my gurl size actually is. And if you go to a DSW store looking in the women’s department & they don’t have your size in the style & color you want just walk over to the men’s section & you might find them there. They may or may not have some colors like pink or bright green or purple in the mens section but you get the picture.

foxkits said:
Shoes are not so much the problem it's how tite the socks have gotten.
They feel like I'm in shackles.
My legs have red bands around them I can't buy a size big enough.
You might wanna try stretchin’ the socks so they’re looser around your calves & ankles.

The UK shoe size is the oldest recorded shoe standard initiated by King Edward II in 1324 and hasn't changed in 700 years , a man's size is the same as a womans so a size 9 will fit man or woman for example so why does the rest of the world complicate shoe sizes ?
Buying shoes would be so much easier if we used a world wide standard system .

Reactions: mybebaby101UK
michaelmc said:
The UK shoe size is the oldest recorded shoe standard initiated by King Edward II in 1324 and hasn't changed in 700 years , a man's size is the same as a womans so a size 9 will fit man or woman for example so why does the rest of the world complicate shoe sizes ?
Buying shoes would be so much easier if we used a world wide standard system .
It is pretty much just America that has to complicate it with different sizes from mens to womens. The Japanese system is literally measure your foot in cm. Round it to the nearest whole centimetre to get your shoe size. What can possibly be easier than that?!

Back