Shoe Size is driving me nuts

sissybabybecky

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
I am going crazy trying to figure my shoe size out. I've measured round it a few times. I've measured my feet several times.
It comes out to 255mm length 115 width on my left foot and 250 mm and 110 on right.
According to Only Maker's sizing guide it starts at a base UK 7 then plus two for long big toe and a high foot. Giving me 9 UK, EU 42.
But, Birch Place has me as EU 40. Normally I wear a size 9 mens, but my feet have sort of increased slightly at the top of my foot. I've had
to go up a size or so. How do I get it right first time so I'm having to ship shoes back due to them not fitting me. Because to be honest I'm
not sure I'd get in my normal size 9's. Plus, and correct me if I'm wrong (which I am almost certain I am) isn't there a sort of "formula" to
convert from mens to womens sizes? Argh. please try and help me get the size right.

• Thinking
Reactions: sissygirlpink
i use zappos with no problem. i go 2 sizes up from mine for womens

sissybabybecky said:
I am going crazy trying to figure my shoe size out. I've measured round it a few times. I've measured my feet several times.
It comes out to 255mm length 115 width on my left foot and 250 mm and 110 on right.
According to Only Maker's sizing guide it starts at a base UK 7 then plus two for long big toe and a high foot. Giving me 9 UK, EU 42.
But, Birch Place has me as EU 40. Normally I wear a size 9 mens, but my feet have sort of increased slightly at the top of my foot. I've had
to go up a size or so. How do I get it right first time so I'm having to ship shoes back due to them not fitting me. Because to be honest I'm
not sure I'd get in my normal size 9's. Plus, and correct me if I'm wrong (which I am almost certain I am) isn't there a sort of "formula" to
convert from mens to womens sizes? Argh. please try and help me get the size right.
If your a UK 9 in mens then you'll be a UK 9 in women's because there is no difference it's the same scale .

sissybabybecky said:
https://shoesizeguru.com/mens-to-womens-shoe-size/ This site shows it. @michaelmc is right, this scale only applies if not in uk.

Last edited:
Reactions: michaelmc
Reactions: michaelmc
sissybabybecky said:
I found birch place (or sissy store—seems there are a few different names for the same company) guide fairly helpful and my shoe sizes came in perfect.

If you have questions and are trying to order, they seemed pretty responsive and you can reach out with questions to ensure a proper fit.

Reactions: mistykitty
sissybabybecky said:
Hello,

Firstly everyone has problems with getting shoes that fit, even ladies themselves as manufacturers differ.

From a crossdresser perspective, I find that my ladies shoes fit perfectly fine using my own male size, UK11.

I’m unsure whether you are looking at your first pair so I’d recommend you try some ballet flats. They’re relatively inexpensive and available in larger sizes and probably more so in your size 9. Also as I’m pretty sure like me, you’re not going to walk into a high street shop to try them, use Amazon, especially prime which invariably is next day delivery and easily returnable.

I have amassed a good collection of ladies and girls shoes to suit my dressing needs, probably around 16 pairs in different styles and heels.

It is important to remember though, even with your ladies clothes and underwear, you will probably end up with things that you don’t like or are just not quite right. At the end of the day it is somewhat trial and error.

I hope that helps and good luck, let’s us know how you get on.

Here’s some of mine.

IMG_5468.jpeg

IMG_5026.jpeg
IMG_4502.jpeg
IMG_5225.jpeg
IMG_2684.jpeg

Jenny x ❤️

• Love
Reactions: OnePiece, LucyMarie, Deleted member 78723 and 2 others
sissygirlpink said:
Hello,

Firstly everyone has problems with getting shoes that fit, even ladies themselves as manufacturers differ.

From a crossdresser perspective, I find that my ladies shoes fit perfectly fine using my own male size, UK11.

I’m unsure whether you are looking at your first pair so I’d recommend you try some ballet flats. They’re relatively inexpensive and available in larger sizes and probably more so in your size 9. Also as I’m pretty sure like me, you’re not going to walk into a high street shop to try them, use Amazon, especially prime which invariably is next day delivery and easily returnable.

I have amassed a good collection of ladies and girls shoes to suit my dressing needs, probably around 16 pairs in different styles and heels.

It is important to remember though, even with your ladies clothes and underwear, you will probably end up with things that you don’t like or are just not quite right. At the end of the day it is somewhat trial and error.

I hope that helps and good luck, let’s us know how you get on.

Here’s some of mine.

View attachment 129420

View attachment 129422
View attachment 129423
View attachment 129424
View attachment 129425

Jenny x ❤️
Love the shoes, esp the pink pumps. Super cute x 🥰

Reactions: Angelapinks and sissygirlpink
I've seen two things regarding shoe size in the US:
  • It seems to change from shoemaker to shoemaker, much like on clothing size, such as when Amazon tells shoppers that certain clothes tend to run true-to-size, large or small on-average;
  • I know the UK's and EU size numberings are different but here in the former colonies, there are female sizes & men's sizes, a sexist practice which IMHO really needs to stop. A men's 10 will run equal to a women's 11.5 or 12, meaning numerically, there's a 1-1/2 difference between genders. We gotta go unisex here on that.

sissybabybecky said:
So,

American sizes in mens and womens are different! EU, UK and JP sizes are the same across all sizes, genders and ages (although childrens shoes are sometimes narrower).

An EU 40 is a UK 7. I don’t understand the plus 2 thing. You should measure your feet to the longest point to get your size. If your feet are really wide you may need to go up a size but that should be it.

If you normally wear a UK 9 have you recently tried on anything smaller than that as your 9’s might be too big if you measure up as a 7!

Also worth noting JP sizes are in centimetres so from what you said above you are 25.5 in JP sizes. It so happens this is also a UK 7.

Many companies will display sizes for UK, US, EU and JP… try to avoid using the US sizes if you can. The system is harder to understand as the sizes vary across genders. I actually like the Japanese system the best. It makes complete sense.

1708129482079.png
I love the Sandy Lland website, cute uniforms, MJ's Peter Pan collar blouses

Reactions: sissybabybecky, OnePiece, AliceDreamer and 1 other person
I wear a 37/38 or 5-1/2-6 US in most footwear.

Attachments

• footlength.JPG
    footlength.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
eu38foot said:
...or 5-1/2-6 US in most footwear.
US...is that male or female? Female size number runs 1-1/2 higher; for example, a women's 11 is a men's 9-1/2.

You all have such tiny feet. I wear a size 11 4E or F in US size. 44-45 extra wide in EU shoes. Even Clarks 10 H (UK size and wide) shoes can be to narrow for me.

• Wow
TeddyBearCowboy said:
I found birch place (or sissy store—seems there are a few different names for the same company) guide fairly helpful and my shoe sizes came in perfect.

If you have questions and are trying to order, they seemed pretty responsive and you can reach out with questions to ensure a proper fit.
Name of company?

WoollyAndJoshy said:
So,

American sizes in mens and womens are different! EU, UK and JP sizes are the same across all sizes, genders and ages (although childrens shoes are sometimes narrower).

An EU 40 is a UK 7. I don’t understand the plus 2 thing. You should measure your feet to the longest point to get your size. If your feet are really wide you may need to go up a size but that should be it.

If you normally wear a UK 9 have you recently tried on anything smaller than that as your 9’s might be too big if you measure up as a 7!

Also worth noting JP sizes are in centimetres so from what you said above you are 25.5 in JP sizes. It so happens this is also a UK 7.

Many companies will display sizes for UK, US, EU and JP… try to avoid using the US sizes if you can. The system is harder to understand as the sizes vary across genders. I actually like the Japanese system the best. It makes complete sense.
The +/- 2 rule is that in US shoe sizes the womens equivalent of a mens size shoe is always 2-2.5 more or less then a mens. So a 13 mens would be a 11 in womens or 15 in womens.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
mistykitty said:
The +/- 2 rule is that in US shoe sizes the womens equivalent of a mens size shoe is always 2-2.5 more or less then a mens. So a 13 mens would be a 11 or 15 in womens.
Actually, that the other way around: a women's size 11, for example, is a men's 9-1/2; a women's 9 is a men's 7-1/2. But, of course, things could vary because different shoemakers tend to run small or large. Like clothes. Agh!

Last edited:
@BobbiSueEllen I think you might have it right and I got mixed up. it's become natural for me now but I had to learn that conversion when I initially started buying women's sizes instead of men's

Last edited:
Back