Rubber pants for F-IC containment?

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I've only been F-IC 4-5 times, and thankfully mostly at home in the driveway. My first time was at the office, but thankfully nobody was around at the time. I've had several close calls since then and the IBS-d (diarrhea) continues to plague me at inopportune times. It's only a matter of time before I will have to face an accident away from home.

I have several pairs of Priva plastic pants. But I don't feel confident that they are going to be effective at holding back diarrhea. While rubber pants don't look very comfortable, they appear to have a better chance at "containment". Before I make the investment, I'd appreciate experienced comments about their containment and any advice for choosing size.

Reactions: uknappygirl and Edgewater
Are you also using a diaper? The Priva pants when i tried them were poorly made. A well made pant i been using is incontrol silence pants. plenty of coverage.

Reactions: fredy552 and Edgewater
BigAl1 said:
Are you also using a diaper? The Priva pants when i tried them were poorly made. A well made pant i been using is incontrol silence pants. plenty of coverage.
Yes, of course. My concern is with diarrhea oozing past the elastics at the legs and the waist (particularly at the back). I've had good results from the Priva pants for urine, but suspect that they'll not be up to holding back diarrhea. The elastics don't seem like a good defence.

I am considering these (pictured). One concern with these is how tightly they fit around the legs. Do they feel like they would cut off circulation?

1702931628477.png

Reactions: dondl2, NotInControl, Edgewater and 1 other person
I have never used the rubber pants. Mostly because of cost.

Reactions: Edgewater
I bought those to try out but haven't tried them on yet. I'll post when I do.

Today in the mail I received (3) pairs of plastic pants with teddy bears on them.
WIN_20231218_18_33_41_Pro.jpg

Reactions: fredy552, BigAl2, Edgewater and 1 other person
I wear plastic pants when I sleep in sleeping exclusively (BM sleeping). Peva pants work fine. Roomy and cheaper.

Reactions: BigAl2 and Edgewater
slimjiminy said:
I've only been F-IC 4-5 times, and thankfully mostly at home in the driveway. My first time was at the office, but thankfully nobody was around at the time. I've had several close calls since then and the IBS-d (diarrhea) continues to plague me at inopportune times. It's only a matter of time before I will have to face an accident away from home.

I have several pairs of Priva plastic pants. But I don't feel confident that they are going to be effective at holding back diarrhea. While rubber pants don't look very comfortable, they appear to have a better chance at "containment". Before I make the investment, I'd appreciate experienced comments about their containment and any advice for choosing size.

slimjiminy said:

Several years ago I bought five pairs of rubber pants in two styles from Kins in British Columbia Canada. It was not so much from need as want due to my rubber fetish but they turned out to be an excellent product and hold leaks very well and yes the leg bands are a bit tight in the ones with a rushed elastic waist & leg bands. With rubber pants you need to hand wash and line dry due to the fragile nature of rubber so no heat or hot water wash. The other ones I have left have a cotton covered waistband and leg bands and are generously cut and don't leave too deep a mark at waist and leg bands. I would love to buy more but Kins no longer stocks them and I have not called or emailed to find out if they will stock ever again. There are U.S. companies who have some rubber pants and of course German companies also but shipping is usually expensive as well as the cost of the pants also. I bought some nice thin ones from Rearz in both panty and bloomer styles but they have torn over the years and I have not tried to fix them.

Reactions: BigAl2 and Edgewater
Roominess has been my saving grace to date!

Although, I do not recommend cloth diapers as a defense against diarrhea, primarily because of the extensive clean-up. But, they do force one to move-up a size to assure capture of urine during use.

Since you are already looking a legs forward design and a larger coverage, it looks like you are headed in the correct direction.

I have far less experience with BM (diarrhea) than greatlake5 and his recommendations would ace mine! What I have found is that the elastics is kind of like the three bears thing with mama bears being in the center worked best for me with urine leaks and as a result when I have been hit with diarrhea, they are containing the flow. But, I really believe it was the roominess that saved the day.

With the massive volume and gas, the only thing that really helps is 'space'!

Reactions: BigAl2, mickdl, Zeke and 1 other person
slimjiminy said:
Yes, of course. My concern is with diarrhea oozing past the elastics at the legs and the waist (particularly at the back). I've had good results from the Priva pants for urine, but suspect that they'll not be up to holding back diarrhea. The elastics don't seem like a good defence.

I am considering these (pictured). One concern with these is how tightly they fit around the legs. Do they feel like they would cut off circulation?

View attachment 125666

I’ve tried those before. They were hard to get on so you had to put baby powder on the inside so they didn’t tear out your leg hair as you were pulling them up. The pair I had ripped after the first use. They were also very tight. I like the idea of them but don’t think there’s much longevity in them.

Reactions: BigAl2, Edgewater, Zeke and 1 other person
cantwait said:
I’ve tried those before. They were hard to get on so you had to put baby powder on the inside so they didn’t tear out your leg hair as you were pulling them up. The pair I had ripped after the first use. They were also very tight. I like the idea of them but don’t think there’s much longevity in them.
Yes I almost bought some of them but being thin and tight, I guessed they would be fragile. The Rearz ones I have were only a little bit thicker rubber but you needed to be careful when using.

Reactions: BigAl2, Edgewater, Zeke and 1 other person
slimjiminy said:

View attachment 125666

I tried the latex pants, liked the idea, thought they would seal better at the leg openings.

Discovered there wasn’t enough distance between the leg openings, resulting in gaps on the inside edges of the leg openings. Tried a larger size to no avail. Perhaps I was unlucky with the crotch width, found them utterly useless and binned both pairs.

My experience has been, need lots of space in the crotch to pool fluid💧 as I haven’t found legs seals that actually seal.

Has anyone found a solution that works, properly seals at legs and waist, without additional absorbent lining/pad to soak up fluids before they leak?

Reactions: BigAl2, Angelapinks and Edgewater
In my experience I’ve found that while I expected enclosed elastics to be more effective at controlling leaks emanating from either source than just bare elastics this hasn’t proven to be true. I’ve got some Baby-Pants.com PEVA pants and some Protex Medical vinyl pants, both with uncovered elastics, that do better at containment than the ones with enclosed elastics as can be seen in the attached photo of a night explosion that got past my diapers (Baby Pants PEVA in the photo). The elastic in either of the aforementioned don’t readily wick moisture as some cloth covered elastics do but they will seep if inundated with liquid. A wide crotch and forward facing legs holes, as recommended by 247 and Edgewater, are my first requirements that I have when purchasing diaper covers. If you do choose rubber for your leak prevention be aware that they are more delicate than plastic pants and require more maintenance.

Attachments

• IMG_0509.jpeg
    IMG_0509.jpeg
    12.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Reactions: 247, BigAl2 and Edgewater
I always wear a diaper cover over my diaper. When I sleep, I have a Babykins terry lined diaper cover over my diaper and when I am awake I use a Gary Active Wear diaper cover. I have IBS frequently and my diaper always leaks when I have a diarrhea mess. The diaper covers always keep the mess from getting to my clothes.

Reactions: Lethdale, cantwait, 247 and 2 others
I had a little run last night from the antibiotics for my UTI. I noticed it when i changed this morning. Also a wider crotch-ed diaper will help hold in a mess.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Zeke and Edgewater
Diarrhea really is problematic to contain! Obviously having room in the diaper and not sitting on it helps, but diapers really do a poor job of absorbing the semi liquid mess and it tends to migrate everywhere, including well outside the diaper area. Fortunately this isn't a normal occurrence for me, but having a messy blowout is certainly extremely annoying and a big hassle to deal with.

Having been blessed with naturally big muscled legs, I've personally had trouble finding a diaper cover that isnt too tight around my legs while not being to big for the waist or coming up to my nipples, lol. At this point I've settled on just trusting the diaper as is and rarely have issues that would have benefited from a purpose built diaper cover.

I'd strongly recommend not committing to one product initially but realizing that one size fits most means finding the right pant for your body may require some trial and error - I truly hope you find something that works well for you!

Reactions: uknappygirl, Edgewater, slimjiminy and 1 other person
PupSpaz said:
I'd strongly recommend not committing to one product initially but realizing that one size fits most means finding the right pant for your body may require some trial and error - I truly hope you find something that works well for you!
I do realize that I'll have to try it to know if it is going to work for me. Containment is very important, but how practical will it be for removing for toilet use for example? In other words, will I have to give up on using the toilet when I can? So many questions to be answered.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

@slimjiminy I do not think you have to give up actively trying to make it to the toilet. It make take a bit more time to enthrone yourself but not impossible. Using a cover that’s hard to get on/off may not be practical for timeliness and cleanups.

Consider an internal deodorant if not already doing so. I believe it helps w urine odors too.

You are an old hat at this anyway so, knowing how to leverage second chance tapes and use of velcro tape diapers are known.

Lastly, an addition of a small roll of cloth tape (first aid) to your kit for reattaching.

Last edited:
Reactions: uknappygirl, greatlake5 and slimjiminy
slimjiminy said:

View attachment 125666
they are the best in my opinion, put them on over a good cloth diaper. latex rubber pants will fit snug but they will do a good job and comfortable.

slimjiminy said:

View attachment 125666
I also have sudden diarrhea events, and my Bambino Bellisimo v2 diapers work and keep it contained without plastic pants. I still hate when it happens 😒

Reactions: uknappygirl
Back