Quirks, anyone? 🤭

I get so upset with Abbie :mad: ! She always has the toilet paper hanging from the back side of the roller !!
I end up flipping it the other way, so that our kitty don't play with it !! ;)

Reactions: Fattrick and ShyGirl91
When I yawn in the morning I thrash my hands around like a T Rex.

• Haha
Reactions: ShyGirl91
Rita said:
I get so upset with Abbie :mad: ! She always has the toilet paper hanging from the back side of the roller !!
I end up flipping it the other way, so that our kitty don't play with it !! ;)
So it would be like this??

• Haha
Reactions: Nam Repaid, Fattrick, PaddedRita and 4 others
fleckothefennec said:
When I yawn in the morning I thrash my hands around like a T Rex.
Hahahaha! Omgsh I love it! 😂😂🥹

• Haha
Reactions: LittleAndAlone and fleckothefennec
Probably more than I realize.

The main one is that I'm very expedient in all I do. I look like I'm always in a hurry with my brain going 10 trillion instructions per second calculating all future possibilities at any instant. Power walking at 5-6 mph even with a loaded cart and being swift and continous in actions and and immensely aware of my surroundings and future obstructions or obstructees at all times. It must look wierd watching me adjusting and real time path finding in a grocery store to avoid other people and other dynamic obstacles and sources of inhibition and contention. Occasionally I'll note people like me and hope they appreciate me proactively pulling my cart sideways out of their path when I catch them in my peripheral still 20 feet away.

But I'm actually rather relaxed and calm and in no particular hurry. Its just my normal. But I do get extremely frustrated in public in crowded areas surrounded by normal people who I perceive to move and think and process excruciatingly slow and completely oblivious to anything not 3 inches from their nose. I call them waddlers ironically. Especially the ones that straddle the middle and block the isle or spend 10 minutes dumbfounded figuring out how to work the self checkout as if it's some kind of alien artifact. 🤣 I make it a point to checkout out with 20 items faster than they do with 3.

If someone is being exceptionally obnoxious like slothing like a slug indecisively staring into space drooling or coming to a complete stop blocking everyone else right in an entrance or main path I'll silently mock them from behind in an exaggerated gait sulking and teetering and slowly and lazily dragging my feet and acting visibly constrained and frustrated. Then suddenly burst from 0 mph to 6 mph when there is finally room to get around. If I have a grocery cart with very loud wheels, the sudden stops and starts are especially obvious cues to them that they are an impediment to anyone trapped behind them.

👉👈😁

Its no surprise that I'm antisocial/asocial. Normal average people disappoint me and give me a poor outlook on humanity. I look around and observe people's neanderthal like movement and mentality telling myself "nope, definitely not any NASA scientists, doctors, or engineers here and these people all vote..." and then I'm also disappointed in myself being so judgemental being ABDL and all but come on. 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Hoksiyopa and ShyGirl91
I always get to places early. If I on time to me that means I late

Reactions: LittleRen77 and ShyGirl91
LittleAndAlone said:
Probably more than I realize.

The main one is that I'm very expedient in all I do. I look like I'm always in a hurry with my brain going 10 trillion instructions per second calculating all future possibilities at any instant. Power walking at 5-6 mph even with a loaded cart and being swift and continous in actions and and immensely aware of my surroundings and future obstructions or obstructees at all times. It must look wierd watching me adjusting and real time path finding in a grocery store to avoid other people and other dynamic obstacles and sources of inhibition and contention. Occasionally I'll note people like me and hope they appreciate me proactively pulling my cart sideways out of their path when I catch them in my peripheral still 20 feet away.

But I'm actually rather relaxed and calm and in no particular hurry. Its just my normal. But I do get extremely frustrated in public in crowded areas surrounded by normal people who I perceive to move and think and process excruciatingly slow and completely oblivious to anything not 3 inches from their nose. I call them waddlers ironically. Especially the ones that straddle the middle and block the isle or spend 10 minutes dumbfounded figuring out how to work the self checkout as if it's some kind of alien artifact. 🤣

If someone is being exceptionally obnoxious like slothing like a slug indecisively staring into space drooling or coming to a complete stop blocking everyone else right in an entrance or main path I'll silently mock them from behind in an exaggerated gait sulking and teetering and slowly and lazily dragging my feet and acting visibly constrained and frustrated. Then suddenly burst from 0 mph to 6 mph when there is finally room to get around. If I have a grocery cart with very loud wheels, the sudden stops and starts are especially obvious cues to them that they are an impediment to anyone trapped behind them.

👉👈😁

Its no surprise that I'm antisocial/asocial. Normal average people disappoint me and give me a poor outlook on humanity.
I can understand that frustration! The part where you said you silently mock them from behind killed me 😂 the mental image 😭😭

Last edited:
Reactions: LittleAndAlone
ShyGirl91 said:
I can understand that frustration! The part where you said you silently mock them from behind killed me 😂 the mental image 😭😭
It's definitely my little side coming out in public. Eyes rolled back in head, slouched, head swaying side to side with each exaggerated slow step dragging my feet and pretend tripping over myself in slow motion in way that loudly but silently visualizes the "UUUGGGGGHHHHH-UHHH" feeling of a frustrated child.

b0da94e80d533c13c7eea900a03312d3-disney-stitch-lilo-and-stitch.jpg

Then as soon as the opportunity arises, instantly straighten back up to srs mode and swiftly power walk around them. Especially hilarious to me when my cart wheels click or shake loudly and the difference is immediately obvious to everyone in the store.

Sometimes I'll stop. Wait for them to move up a bit, then rapidly close the gap with cart wheels screaming then suddenly stop again, etc hoping they catch on that they are gonna get run over lmao.

The sad thing is most people are completely oblivious still! 😐

I'm not even talking like old or handicapped people or people with kids who I have infinite patience and smiles for. But normal able bodied average people who are just complete mouth breathing sloths. Every second they waste is 1 million microseconds to me. Eternity. Happens way too often, they are ALL AROUND ME! It's so irritating lol. I hate going outside.

Like I said I'm not even in a hurry, I always just feel like everyone around me in public is a smooth brain and it annoys me. 😅

Even though I know I'm the wierd and exceptional one, I can't help myself being an ass sometimes. Definitely still a immature child with no social filter.

👉👈🤭

And omg don't get me started on overweight non disabled people and those gdamn scooters.

3doo6j.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Hoksiyopa and ShyGirl91
LittleAndAlone said:
It's definitely my little side coming out in public. Eyes rolled back in head, slouched, head swaying side to side with each exaggerated slow step dragging my feet and pretend tripping over myself in slow motion in way that loudly but silently visualizes the "UUUGGGGGHHHHH-UHHH" feeling of a frustrated child.

View attachment 108803

Then as soon as the opportunity arises, instantly straighten back up to srs mode and swiftly power walk around them. Especially hilarious to me when my cart wheels click or shake loudly and the difference is immediately obvious to everyone in the store.

Sometimes I'll stop. Wait for them to move up a bit, then rapidly close the gap with cart wheels screaming then suddenly stop again, etc hoping they catch on that they are gonna get run over lmao.

The sad thing is most people are completely oblivious still! 😐

I'm not even talking like old or handicapped people or people with kids who I have infinite patience and smiles for. But normal able bodied average people who are just complete mouth breathing sloths. Every second they waste is 1 million microseconds to me. Eternity. Happens way too often, they are ALL AROUND ME! It's so irritating lol. I hate going outside.

Like I said I'm not even in a hurry, I always just feel like everyone around me in public is a smooth brain and it annoys me. 😅

Even though I know I'm the wierd and exceptional one, I can't help myself being an ass sometimes. Definitely still a immature child with no social filter.

👉👈🤭

And omg don't get me started on overweight non disabled people and those gdamn scooters.

View attachment 108805
You describe everything so well I can picture it perfectly! 😂😂 do you happen to write as a hobby or anything?

ShyGirl91 said:
You describe everything so well I can picture it perfectly! 😂😂 do you happen to write as a hobby or anything?
Nah. Both sides of my brain are left sided. 😆

I'm just able to rant easily and in detail. 🫣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LittleRen77 and ShyGirl91
babyjoe698 said:
Same. I HATE being late and get stressed when someone makes me late!

My short term memory sucks. Introduce yourself to me, and I'll almost immediately forget your name (sorry 'bout that!). Go to the grocery store to get 3 things, and can remember 2. (Lists help!)
But I can rhyme off my drivers license number, social security number, Visa number (and old Mastercard/Amex numbers), my phone number when I was 8 years old/12 years old/18 years old/..., Pi to 10 or 12 digits, and countless other numbers.

There's probably some medical/mental condition that could be determined base on that!

Reactions: vp39, LittleAndAlone and ShyGirl91
I cannot stand my nose being touched. I guess It’s from having surgeries on my septum…just can’t stand someone else touching it.

LittleRen77 said:

My short term memory sucks. Introduce yourself to me, and I'll almost immediately forget your name (sorry 'bout that!). Go to the grocery store to get 3 things, and can remember 2. (Lists help!)
But I can rhyme off my drivers license number, social security number, Visa number (and old Mastercard/Amex numbers), my phone number when I was 8 years old/12 years old/18 years old/..., Pi to 10 or 12 digits, and countless other numbers.

There's probably some medical/mental condition that could be determined base on that!
Totally relate with the names!! And I think the rhyming with numbers is so cool! ☺️

Reactions: LittleRen77
LittleRen77 said:

Same. I can recite hardware specs and clock rates and gate counts, or network diagrams and IP schemes and route paths from years ago like nothing. As I was writing this I answered a coworker's question about where something was plugged in. I was able to give them the exact row, cabinet, slot, fex, and port # from memory about 3 seconds after insisting I didn't know because I haven't been in the datacenter for 3 years. 😅

But someone I met yesterday and talked passionately with for 3 hours on a on mutual subject of interest? And god forbid wearing different clothes says "hi, <name>" passing in the hall, I'm like awkwardly waving back embarrassed and feeling guilty like "uh hi sorry do I know you?" 😭

So anyway... I'm terrible with the combination of short term memory and abstract things like phoenetic names and faces prob due to the eye contact thing.

Given enough scratch paper I can solve nearly any complex math or physics problem effortlessly. But I can barely add 3 single digit numbers in my head keeping track of multiple carries and overflows before it starts to fall apart. This also makes me a poor "multitasker" and why I am highly efficient and one track minded at serial and sequential tasks in order.

I took advantage of my "specialization" in school to adapt to my short term memory shortcoming to utilize what I would analogy as biological "cache coherence".

Say you get a math quiz with multiplication or division in a 10 rows 10 columns like format.

Most kids do what you probably expect, work "in order" left to right top to bottom and if they stumble or get stuck I call it "blocking IO" that stalls the rest of the test.

I'll scan left to right top to bottom only looking for "N x 0 =" and "0 x N =" and rapidly write the answer 0 everywhere in what first appears to be random order. Then I start over and focus on finding "N x 1 =" and "1 x N ="and again rapidly fill out the answer N in what looks like random order, and so on until I achieve full 10 x 10 coverage with all answers and no blank spots left.

Each time I eliminate a row of the tables, the remaining factors take up less and less space and become faster to parse as the number and scope of unanswered problems shrinks. Then when I do like 8x7 I'll forward scan the whole test for 8x7 or 7x8 and spam the same answer repeatedly while it's "latched" in my "output buffer".

I retire my answers seemingly "out of order" randomly on the test sheet but my brain is in fact working sequentially and more effectively traversing internal multiplication and division tables themselves "in order" and discarding eliminated no longer required data from left to right. So I'm not jumping around back and forth with excessive mental context changes and having the overhead of having to mentally reset between revisiting the same factors on the entire table over and over again. Which is now funny to me reading this because microprocessors are the opposite, executing "out of order" but retiring "in order".

So yeah I was that asshole kid who finished the math quiz every morning with a perfect score and flipped and slammed my paper over in 60 seconds while fidgeting and being visibly annoyed with having nothing to do for however many minutes waiting for everyone else. That kind of thing is excruciating for me. Dunno time just processes at a different pace for me. 😅

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LittleRen77
ShyGirl91 said:
Totally understand! Do you know what makes you not like the letter L?
While I still struggle some with OCD, it was at its worst in my middle school years. Looking back, I can see where it stemmed from but, in the thick of it, I couldn't see it.
I've no idea why my quirk involves the letter L, which makes it a very odd thing.

babyjoe698 said:
Same for me! When I was a kid, my father had all the clocks in the house 5 minutes fast so nobody would be late. His view was that "if you're not 5 minutes early, then you're late". That seems to have stuck with me all my life - I just hate being late for anything!

Reactions: LittleAndAlone and ShyGirl91
My problem with names and faces is likely related to my aversion to eye contact and viewing eye contact as the associated natural animal instinct behavior as being aggressive and seeking confrontation.

If I'm making unbroken eye contact with someone it's likely they are doing something very bad and I'm shifting into war path and elimination mode. Usually someone flexing on me or someone else or being aggressive or a bully in general will get me to make eye contact with them with a death glare as I visualize where their heart, lungs, and CNS are located within their body. ☠️ Never mistake my avoidance for eye contact, conflict avoidance, humility, and preference for peace before violence as submissiveness or vulnerability. Im NOT prey or victim material. I'm just wanting to be nice and pacifist and non confrontational.

It's not that I'm intimidated by other peoples eye contact, or not interested in what they are saying. It's more that I dont want to feel like an aggressor looking someone in the eye unless it's necessary. It feels very predatory and aggresive and like asserting dominance and looking down on someone for me to stare them in the eye. And I detest unnecessary aggression and dominance displays.🙄

The end result is I can enjoy a mutual conversation with a new friend for hours and not know what their face looks like until numerous repeated encounters. If numerous random people in the same proximity in a short time all have the same characteristics like a beard or a ball cap, I'm screwed. 😆

I know its not right and that eye contact is expected normal human healthy behavior in social interaction and communication but I can't help it. It's a hardwired instinct for me that I can't change like ABDL.

Last edited:
Reactions: ianwee and ShyGirl91
LittleAndAlone said:
My problem with names and faces is likely related to my aversion to eye contact and viewing eye contact as the associated natual animal instinct behavior as being aggressive and seeking confrontation.

If I'm making unbroken eye contact with someone it's likely they are doing something very bad and I'm shifting into war path and elimination mode. Usually someone flexing on me or someone else or being aggressive or a bully in general will get me to make eye contact with them with a death glare as I visualize where their heart, lungs, and CNS are located within their body. ☠️ Never mistake my avoidance for eye contact, conflict avoidance, and preference for peace before violence as submissiveness or vulnerability. Im NOT prey or victim material. I'm just wanting to be nice and pacifist and non confrontational.

It's not that I'm intimidated by other peoples eye contact, or not interested in what they are saying. It's more that I dont want to feel like an aggressor looking someone in the eye unless it's necessary. It feels very predatory and aggresive and like asserting dominance and looking down on someone for me to stare them in the eye. And I detest unnecessary aggression and dominance displays.🙄

The end result is I can enjoy a mutual conversation with a new friend for hours and not know what their face looks like until numerous repeated encounters. If numerous random people in the same proximity in a short time all have the same characteristics like a beard or a ball cap, I'm screwed. 😆

I know its not right and that eye contact is expected normal human healthy behavior in social interaction and communication but I can't help it. It's a hardwired instinct for me that I can't change like ABDL.
This is understandable to me. I personally don't think it isn't "right", as other cultures do not use eye contact when speaking because it is considered disrespectful to them in their culture. I believe we all have unique things that make us, us no matter where we live. We all have different histories and just things unique to ourselves.
While in Western culture, eye contact is considered the norm, I don't think it means it's wrong to not be of "the norm" on this one, as no harm is being done to to anyone. 🩵

ShyGirl91 said:
I guess I'm not really mocking them cause they don't even know and I might feel like a bully if they noticed and became flustered/embarrassed. It's more for the entertainment of everyone behind me who is thinking the same thing but are biting their tongues and being polite.

I just hear Lanz from Xenoblade Chronicles 3 "c'mon, you were all thinking it!". 🤣

If its younger healthy people on their cell phones stopping up other shoppers because they can't walk and text at the same time or step aside I'll absolutely make a public ass out of them though. 😇

"A public main entrance is a great place to come to a dead stop and have a reunion!" I'll say loudly as I storm passed them after observing other people behind me backed up.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I too become frustrated with "slow" people, but I think that I am too "fast" sometimes; I've had to train myself to take things more slowly. I used to have a real problem taking time when buying expensive things, or making significant choices: I'd just grab the first thing I saw. I think the need to "slow down" is one reason I fetishise someone blindfolding me: I can't rush when I can't see!

I also struggle with eye contact, and remembering names and faces. If somebody is looking at me anxiously I simply can't look at them.

Back