Quirks, anyone? 🤭

ShyGirl91

A sweet & innocent who just wants to be held
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Other
Besides stating the obvious (for those outside of the community), what are some of your quirks?

Mine:

I cannot stand getting out of the shower and stepping on the bare floor with wet feet. 😱 Nope. Have to have a clean mat so nothing sticks to the bottom of my feetsies. 🦶🏻

I walk "on my toes", (or, more accurately, the balls of my feet). It's something I've done since I learned to walk. I don't always do it, but I'll catch myself doing it from time to time. 🩰

I can't stand the way velvet feels or the foam padding on earphones. 😵‍💫 It makes me grit my teeth and gives me the unpleasant kind of goosebumps.

I can't have the volume on 6, 8, or 13. I don't like numbers that add up to 6 (such as 24) or derivitives of 6, just anything with the number 6. I do love the number 7.
Also, even numbers seem feminine to me, whereas odd numbers seem masculine. 🤷‍♀️

I can't talk or hear people talking about childbirth or surgeries without fainting. Same goes with needles, IVs, etc. (And, no lie, started feeling faint even typing about it.) 🤢😓

I remember birthdates like no one's business. 🥳🎉
I can also recall certain dates, what I was wearing, what time it was, what day it was, and what year it was, spanning throughout my life. 📅

These are just a few 🤏 of my quirks. 🤸‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, diaperdude, Jorelaxed and 1 other person
Great question! I know I have LOTS of quirks and pet peeves and I'd be willing to bet my best friend would be able to write a novel about them.

I'd have to say that I have a lot of quirks that are a result of me somewhat being a perfectionist. At 44 years old I've realized that for the most part that aspect of me is detrimental in my life except for my career. For the most part I work alone and I feel like pushing myself to be better everyday drives me to analyze how I do things and to always be open to new ideas.

Reactions: Diprs2
ShyGirl91 said:
Besides stating the obvious (for those outside of the community), what are some of your quirks?

Mine:

I cannot stand getting out of the shower and stepping on the bare floor with wet feet. 😱 Nope. Have to have a clean mat so nothing sticks to the bottom of my feetsies. 🦶🏻

I walk "on my toes", (or, more accurately, the balls of my feet). It's something I've done since I learned to walk. I don't always do it, but I'll catch myself doing it from time to time. 🩰

I can't stand the way velvet feels or the foam padding on earphones. 😵‍💫 It makes me grit my teeth and gives me the unpleasant kind of goosebumps.

I can't have the volume on 6, 8, or 13. I don't like numbers that add up to 6 (such as 24) or derivitives of 6, just anything with the number 6. I do love the number 7.
Also, even numbers seem feminine to me, whereas odd numbers seem masculine. 🤷‍♀️

I can't talk or hear people talking about childbirth or surgeries without fainting. Same goes with needles, IVs, etc. (And, no lie, started feeling faint even typing about it.) 🤢😓

I remember birthdates like no one's business. 🥳🎉
I can also recall certain dates, what I was wearing, what time it was, what day it was, and what year it was, spanning throughout my life. 📅

These are just a few 🤏 of my quirks. 🤸‍♀️

Another great post ShyGirl91 !! Thank you .. 🥰 ..

It always bugs Abbie that I put our shoes nicely side by side !!

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2 and ShyGirl91
Rita said:
Another great post ShyGirl91 !! Thank you .. 🥰 ..

It always bugs Abbie that I put our shoes nicely side by side !!
That's totally understandable to put shoes nicely side by side! 🥰

• Love
Reactions: PaddedRita and Jorelaxed
I can't stand walking in the gruage with bear feet becuse I am afraid they will get dirty. I have shoes that I put on when I go to my garage.

Many of the replies so far are to do with feet and shoes. 👣As befits my name, my first two quirks are to do with feet:

I don't like socks, and prefer to wear shoes on my bare feet: sneakers, slippers, T-bars, Ugg boots, wellies. I like the way it feels, and I'm lucky that my feet don't sweat much. I did it as a child, as soon as I could put my own shoes on, and I enjoyed hearing adults telling me of the horrors that would happen to my feet. I especially like transparent, perforated or low-cut sneakers which show that I am sockless, and that I am not cheating with invisible socks.

On both feet, my second toe sticks out further than my big toe. Somebody correctly predicted this from my surname, without even seeing my feet. (Yes, really! This was somebody in a museum who was issuing certificates on the history of names, who knew how foot shapes are related to ancestry.)

I don't like loud bangs. I get nervous when there are balloons around, and I rarely go to the theatre, because bangs are often used. Even Christmas crackers and champagne corks make me nervous.

I remember my childhood vividly, from age four onwards; in some cases, down to things people said. A lot of my "little" wants are experiencing things I didn't experience as a child, such as water slides.

Since childhood, I was fascinated by having my eyes covered. When I was 4 or 5, a teacher blindfolded me with a colourful scarf, and I zoned out so much wondering why I could only see blackness, that I forgot what I was supposed to be doing (guessing who was speaking in a funny voice). Now I love being blindfolded for games and surprises. I like to solve children's tactile puzzles by feel only, such as shape sorters. I look for good ones in second hand shops: I have lots of puzzles where the pieces are different shapes, and have to be put in the right places on a board. If someone has spun me round to disorientate me, it feels great. A ritual that my wife and I do is that before my birthday (or any present-giving occasion) she will wrap my presents, and make my cake, while I'm there with her, securely blindfolded so I can't see a thing! 😩

Perhaps related to the blindfolding is that I love getting lost (in a safe place). I love being in mazes. In a town I am partly familiar with, I like to wander down an unknown street, and see how long it is before I come out somewhere I recognise.

• Love
One of my quirks is I cannot stand wearing socks, I only wear footed tights, I just love the sensation of tights fabric on my feet and legs.

feetintrouble said:
On both feet, my second toe sticks out further than my big toe. Somebody correctly predicted this from my surname, without even seeing my feet. (Yes, really! This was somebody in a museum who was issuing certificates on the history of names, who knew how foot shapes are related to ancestry.)
This is amazing!!

Reactions: PaddedRita
feetintrouble said:
I don't like loud bangs. I get nervous when there are balloons around, and I rarely go to the theatre, because bangs are often used. Even Christmas crackers and champagne corks make me nervous.
TOTALLY relate. I can't go watch fireworks because of this. Any sudden, loud noises shoot my anxiety up. I startle easily. Totally felt this when I read it!

feetintrouble said:
I remember my childhood vividly, from age four onwards; in some cases, down to things people said. A lot of my "little" wants are experiencing things I didn't experience as a child, such as water slides.
I understand because a lot of what my littles want and need, they did not get when physically that little.

Reactions: Diprs2 and PaddedRita
feetintrouble said:
I like to solve children's tactile puzzles by feel only, such as shape sorters.
This is awesome!! 😍

Reactions: PaddedRita
feetintrouble said:
Perhaps related to the blindfolding is that I love getting lost (in a safe place). I love being in mazes. In a town I am partly familiar with, I like to wander down an unknown street, and see how long it is before I come out somewhere I recognise.
This sounds pleasant. 😊

KittyninjaW said:
I can't stand walking in the gruage with bear feet becuse I am afraid they will get dirty. I have shoes that I put on when I go to my garage.
Totally understand!!

Reactions: KittyninjaW and PaddedRita
I have a messy room, I sleep a lot, I’m going back to school soon, I dream about being taken care of in my sleep so I wake up wet.

I have a very odd quirk. If the last word I hear on the TV or radio ends in an L and I have switched it off, then I have to turn it on again. Then, when the word doesn't end in an L, I can then switch it off.

It's certainly irrational, but then I do have OCD (Obsessive Compulsion Disorder).

Reactions: ShyGirl91 and PaddedRita
Sissyleslie said:
I have a very odd quirk. If the last word I hear on the TV or radio ends in an L and I have switched it off, then I have to turn it on again. Then, when the word doesn't end in an L, I can then switch it off.

It's certainly irrational, but then I do have OCD (Obsessive Compulsion Disorder).
Totally understand! Do you know what makes you not like the letter L?
While I still struggle some with OCD, it was at its worst in my middle school years. Looking back, I can see where it stemmed from but, in the thick of it, I couldn't see it.

I have a million quirks 😂 probably linked to my bpd but I do make my girlfriend laugh daily so there’s that 😂

I csnt stand socks in bed urgh no! I feel sick thinking about it

Soggy bread makes me heave

Fireworks nope I stay inside I’m a big wimp for loud noises and jump scares

I count things in 9 to help ease my anxiety she only found this one out the other day when asking about a lucky number 😂

I csnt stand mayonnaise ( apprently that’s weird 😂)

Reactions: PaddedRita and ShyGirl91
claire123 said:
I have a million quirks 😂 probably linked to my bpd but I do make my girlfriend laugh daily so there’s that 😂

I csnt stand socks in bed urgh no! I feel sick thinking about it

Soggy bread makes me heave

Fireworks nope I stay inside I’m a big wimp for loud noises and jump scares

I count things in 9 to help ease my anxiety she only found this one out the other day when asking about a lucky number 😂

I csnt stand mayonnaise ( apprently that’s weird 😂)
I love your quirks!! The soggy bread one made me laugh. 😂 It is nasty!
And, I don't like mayo myself and, if that's weird, so be it! ☺️

Reactions: PaddedRita and vp39
It’s so gross literally makes me heave 😂😂

Mayo is disgusting but apprently majority people like it 🤷🏼‍♀️😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: ShyGirl91
Sitting here in my plastic dress over the plastic romper and plastic panties I slept in...nah, I don't have any quirks.

Reactions: Jorelaxed and ShyGirl91
Back