Quirks, anyone? 🤭

feetintrouble said:
I too become frustrated with "slow" people, but I think that I am too "fast" sometimes; I've had to train myself to take things more slowly. I used to have a real problem taking time when buying expensive things, or making significant choices: I'd just grab the first thing I saw. I think the need to "slow down" is one reason I fetishise someone blindfolding me: I can't rush when I can't see!

I also struggle with eye contact, and remembering names and faces. If somebody is looking at me anxiously I simply can't look at them.
I can relate to going too fast. I need to work on being better at slowing down myself.
And, eye contact for me is difficult depending on the person and which of my parts is present. (Adult me or one of the littles). And it depends on the situation as well.

I wear odd socks a lot.

I can't stand the sound of a wet cloth being squeezed

Reactions: ShyGirl91
LittleAndAlone said:
My problem with names and faces is likely related to my aversion to eye contact and viewing eye contact as the associated natural animal instinct behavior as being aggressive and seeking confrontation.

If I'm making unbroken eye contact with someone it's likely they are doing something very bad and I'm shifting into war path and elimination mode. Usually someone flexing on me or someone else or being aggressive or a bully in general will get me to make eye contact with them with a death glare as I visualize where their heart, lungs, and CNS are located within their body. ☠️ Never mistake my avoidance for eye contact, conflict avoidance, humility, and preference for peace before violence as submissiveness or vulnerability. Im NOT prey or victim material. I'm just wanting to be nice and pacifist and non confrontational.

It's not that I'm intimidated by other peoples eye contact, or not interested in what they are saying. It's more that I dont want to feel like an aggressor looking someone in the eye unless it's necessary. It feels very predatory and aggresive and like asserting dominance and looking down on someone for me to stare them in the eye. And I detest unnecessary aggression and dominance displays.🙄

The end result is I can enjoy a mutual conversation with a new friend for hours and not know what their face looks like until numerous repeated encounters. If numerous random people in the same proximity in a short time all have the same characteristics like a beard or a ball cap, I'm screwed. 😆

I know its not right and that eye contact is expected normal human healthy behavior in social interaction and communication but I can't help it. It's a hardwired instinct for me that I can't change like ABDL.
Yes, I agree with you that eye-contact with another person is considered by many people - but not every person - to be an integral part of normal everyday communication. I do understand though that prolonged eye-contact with someone else can sometimes feel threatening or aggressive. I read somewhere that prolonged eye contact between two people is normal for people who are 'in love' with each other, and between mothers and their babies. The problem is really that lots of people who are quite comfortable with unbroken eye contact (even with strangers) can often fail to understand that this is disconcerting to others, and can even be, as you say intimidating. As with so many aspects of life, it would be great if people understood that we are all different, and have different ways of communicating.

Reactions: ShyGirl91, PaddedRita and LittleAndAlone
ianwee said:
Yes, I agree with you that eye-contact with another person is considered by many people - but not every person - to be an integral part of normal everyday communication. I do understand though that prolonged eye-contact with someone else can sometimes feel threatening or aggressive. I read somewhere that prolonged eye contact between two people is normal for people who are 'in love' with each other, and between mothers and their babies. The problem is really that lots of people who are quite comfortable with unbroken eye contact (even with strangers) can often fail to understand that this is disconcerting to others, and can even be, as you say intimidating. As with so many aspects of life, it would be great if people understood that we are all different, and have different ways of communicating.

Elementary school teachers would get frustrated and try to get me to stop looking at the ground and make eye contact when talking and I would say something like "But why, I'm not mad at anybody?" 🤣

I try but I end up continously wandering and looking back and forth and probably get mistaken for being disinterested. It just feels so predatory and aggressive to stare into somebody's eyes when they're just talking and havent done anything wrong. 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: ShyGirl91 and PaddedRita
ShyGirl91 said:
So it would be like this??

YES that " EXACTLY " just what my Kitty does 😂 !! At the time its not so funny afterwards it is !!
;) Thanks ShyGirl91

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: LittleAndAlone and ShyGirl91
I've read that it is considered impolite among Navajos to look someone in the eye in a conversation.

Rita said:
YES that " EXACTLY " just what my Kitty does 😂 !! At the time its not so funny afterwards it is !!
;) Thanks ShyGirl91
Mischievous meow meow.

Imagine this during covid tp hoarding. 🤣

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: PaddedRita and ShyGirl91
LittleAndAlone said:
Mischievous meow meow.

Imagine this during covid tp hoarding. 🤣
Haha! Oh man, that would stink (pun intended). 😂

• Love
Reactions: PaddedRita
Whenever I fly anywhere, I always touch the outside of the plane with my hand before I sit down. I think it started when I was a little kid and I couldn't believe that this giant metal tube was going to fly through the sky at hundreds of miles an hour and get me to wherever I was going.

Now I always put my hand on the side of the fuselage when I'm still standing on the jetbridge, before I find my seat.

Last edited:
  • Love
hodori779 said:
Whenever I fly anywhere, I always touch the outside of the plane with my hand before I sit down. I think it started when I was a little kid and I couldn't believe that this giant metal tube was going to fly through the sky at hundreds of miles an hour and get me to wherever I was going.

Now I always put my hand on the side of the fuselage when I'm still standing on the jetbridge, before I find my seat.
I love it!! 😍 It is remarkable!!

You know those Mr. Clean Magic Erasers? The texture of those things on my skin, the sounds they make, and as a result, the sight of them alone is absolutely unbearable. It's like my biggest sensory trigger and has caused me to panic in the past.

hodori779 said:

Yes. Love planes. As an engineer, machines are living things with feelings to me. 🥰

Always have to get a wing window seat so I can see the engines and watch the wings flex and watch the fly by wire control surfaces trim adjusting and working their magic.

Last edited:
kadix said:
You know those Mr. Clean Magic Erasers? The texture of those things on my skin, the sounds they make, and as a result, the sight of them alone is absolutely unbearable. It's like my biggest sensory trigger and has caused me to panic in the past.
Yes, and that is understandable!

LittleAndAlone said:
Yes. Love planes. As an engineer, machines are living things with feelings to me. 🥰

Always have to get a wing window seat so I can see the engines and watch the wings flex and watch the fly by wire control surfaces trim adjusting and working their magic.
Engineers never cease to blow my mind. I think it's because my brain does not operate that way. One of my worst subjects was geometry. I won't say I'm terrible at all math but geometry about ate my lunch. And I have to still count on my fingers simple math.
I'd say I'm definitely more "right-brained" and I love that I am but also have a deep appreciation for those who are more "left-brained" because it amazes me!

ShyGirl91 said:
Engineers never cease to blow my mind. I think it's because my brain does not operate that way. One of my worst subjects was geometry. I won't say I'm terrible at all math but geometry about ate my lunch. And I have to still count on my fingers simple math.
I'd say I'm definitely more "right-brained" and I love that I am but also have a deep appreciation for those who are more "left-brained" because it amazes me!
I got two scoops of left brain, possibly three. They were all out of right brains at the Build a Nerd when they made me. 😅

Triple integrals and differential equations and perspective projection transformations no problem as long as I have enough paper. Its all just fun puzzles for me to unravel. Just don't ask me to try to add more than three numbers in my head with no temp scratch space. 🙃

As long as I can see it on paper I'm good but I have non existent or very volatile short term memory and can't keep track of multiple things in my head past a couple steps before it turns to mush. 🙄 Always need a paper or board to brain dump to and organize.

Enjoyed math classes and tests as I could always sanity check my test answers by plugging the answer back into the question and making sure everything zeros out. Nothing like the confidence of knowing I 100% the whole thing before walking out the door and not have to wait till next week to get a grade back.

I hated English and other subjective tasks with no right or wrong answer. Through later after school I would pick up that many things like language and music are also structured and mathematical and aren't so bad. As you picked up on earlier I seem to enjoy writing now. And frequently abuse the edit button in doing so. 😆

I started to enjoy English more towards the end and even developed a fondness for Shakespeare when I recognized the same tear jerking and heart breaking attributes and formulas that I loved in my video games. I was always into Final Fantasy and stuff with lots of story and tragedy and melodrama. People who are masters of emotional manipulation with music and art and story telling like old school Square Soft amaze me the way engineering does you. 😂

Final Fantasy 4 and Xenogears would have made Shakespeare cry I'm sure. 😁 As would today's Horizon Zero Dawn and Xenoblade Chronicles 3.

Last edited:
LittleAndAlone said:
I got two scoops of left brain, possibly three. They were all out of right brains at the Build a Nerd when they made me. 😅

Triple integrals and differential equations and perspective projection transformations no problem as long as I have enough paper. Its all just fun puzzles for me to unravel. Just don't ask me to try to add more than three numbers in my head with no temp scratch space. 🙃

As long as I can see it on paper I'm good but I have non existent or very volatile short term memory and can't keep track of multiple things in my head past a couple steps before it turns to mush. 🙄 Always need a paper or board to brain dump to and organize.

Enjoyed math classes and tests as I could always sanity check my test answers by plugging the answer back into the question and making sure everything zeros out. Nothing like the confidence of knowing I 100% the whole thing before walking out the door and not have to wait till next week to get a grade back.

I hated English and other subjective tasks with no right or wrong answer. Through later after school I would pick up that many things like language and music are also structured and mathematical and aren't so bad. As you picked up on earlier I seem to enjoy writing now. And frequently abuse the edit button in doing so. 😆

I started to enjoy English more towards the end and even developed a fondness for Shakespeare when I recognized the same tear jerking and heart breaking attributes and formulas that I loved in my video games. I was always into Final Fantasy and stuff with lots of story and tragedy and melodrama. People who are masters of emotional manipulation with music and art and story telling like old school Square Soft amaze me the way engineering does you. 😂

Final Fantasy 4 and Xenogears would have made Shakespeare cry I'm sure. 😁 As would today's Horizon Zero Dawn and Xenoblade Chronicles 3.
Not gonna lie...a lot of what you said went over my head BUT it sounds amazing! ☺️ I really do find it remarkable you could plug everything back into the question to know for sure you got it right!
You do have a way with words and it flows smoothly, too!
I was an English major! 🤭 Had they had a major for Creative Writing, I would have gone for it.

Back