Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Incontinent
  6. Carer
Does anyone have a pull-up recommendation for those with larger male anatomy? I've tried so many but they aren't wide enough, so there is a gap and the pee leaks out. Its annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Deleted member 39574, Diprs2, Edgewater and 2 others
I have come to the conclusion that most pull ups must be designed by a team of women. Women urinate from one place and it doesn't have anything to flow around as much as right into the absorbent material. Men lose it from any number of positions and it's forced to flow around everything. Then when it's wet it pushes out even farther because of your anatomy. Ones with leak guards are much better for men, but unfortunately most male-specific pull ups don't seem to have them. They just have absorbent material that goes up farther in the front.

• Sad
Reactions: bigtoddler96, LePew, Diprs2 and 1 other person
puravidadip said:
Does anyone have a pull-up recommendation for those with larger male anatomy? I've tried so many but they aren't wide enough, so there is a gap and the pee leaks out. Its annoying.
Liv dry ultimate black. They hold a ton

Reactions: puravidadip and Edgewater
puravidadip said:
Have you tried Goodnites XL?

Reactions: Edgewater
Not sure about your anatomy but it probably helps to point down.

Reactions: Edgewater and Fleetwoodmac32192
puravidadip said:
I have a pull up on the ready during the day for OAB issue.(some days it plays up worse than others).. At night I now wear velcro fastened nappies that are rewash able and with a bamboo insert .. Also have Dailee Slips .. They are exactly like a large baby nappy with sticky strips to fasten them and they work really well...Only had one come undone during the night in two years ... Cannot wear plastic overpants ...had enough of them as a young person and even more degrading than nappies ..That said ...On rare occasions I go without anything just for the heck of it . When I do I can have a dry night but if I keep doing it I know that it won't be long before I wet the bed again... Nappies give me some confidence that I'll get decent sleep and not have that horrible discomfort that a wet bed provides ..Every time I wake dry it is a genuine pleasure ...

Something to think about ...Lots of bedwetters (any age) don't wear any aids so they do wet their bed .. For those of us who do wear aids are we really actually still bedwetters or not ? ..I guess nappy or not you are still a wetter if it happens in bed ... I guess...

Last edited:
Reactions: LordDuque, Diprs2 and Edgewater
As covered above, pull-up had been originally designed as a product for women and have expanded in application since that original design base. Also as stated above, those pull-ups with added side barriers are more likely to provide some help with leakage for men. But, that is heavily dependent on where the point of flow is aimed and the rate of flow. And, to highlight a comment above, placing the point of flow down will help.

IMHO, pull-ups are for very light /low flow (men, standing) and anything above that, one should consider a diaper.

I understand that Northshore has a high-end, pull-up with added side barriers, call their customer service and ask.

FYI: If you have any issues regarding hip joint movement, this product is not for you!!

Last edited:
Reactions: puravidadip, Diprs2, EcoIncon and 1 other person
Edgewater said:
IMHO, pull-ups are for very light /low flow (men, standing) and anything above that, one should consider a diaper.
I spent a long time resisting the "diaper". Now, I only use a diaper except for some special occasions where I expect to be ok.

Reactions: puravidadip and Diprs2
puravidadip said:

Sorry, no. Too many years in diapers has made me too small to identify with your question 😜 ... not that I was that big to begin with... One nice thing about anonymity on the internet... You think I'd admit that IRL?

In all seriousness, a lot of pull-ups are made like a T where they adhere the pad perpendicular to the waist material which creates a gap. It doesn't really matter how big/small you are... more that your penis sits above the urethra on a female. I agree with above statements that any pull-up that includes leak guards will help you not leak there. Personally, I like these: https://www.parentgiving.com/shop/dry-direct-ultimate-protective-underwear-9310/p/ as a good balance of performance/price in a pull-up with leak guards.

Yeah that's part of the reason I prefer tabbed, you really either need a perfect fit with pullups and gaps are almost inevitable otherwise

EcoIncon said:
Sorry, no. Too many years in diapers has made me too small to identify with your question 😜 ... not that I was that big to begin with... One nice thing about anonymity on the internet... You think I'd admit that IRL?

In all seriousness, a lot of pull-ups are made like a T where they adhere the pad perpendicular to the waist material which creates a gap. It doesn't really matter how big/small you are... more that your penis sits above the urethra on a female. I agree with above statements that any pull-up that includes leak guards will help you not leak there. Personally, I like these: https://www.parentgiving.com/shop/dry-direct-ultimate-protective-underwear-9310/p/ as a good balance of performance/price in a pull-up with leak guards.
Things down there actually shrank with diaper wearing? I didn’t think that was actually a thing.

Reactions: texswim, Edgewater, EcoIncon and 1 other person
Bombyx said:
Things down there actually shrank with diaper wearing? I didn’t think that was actually a thing.
Hard to be sure. Lower sperm count is scientifically proven… size I’m not sure

Reduced spem count is a result of the higher temperatures common with diaper wearing. Change in size more commonly an issue of reduced blood volume being held. Commonly men show-up when blood is held and the continuous erection becomes a problem. Not sure if there is a procedure to reverse the ability to slow or halt the loss of blood.

Reactions: EcoIncon
I gave up on pull-ups a long time ago. However carefuly I point down and drag them up to my waist to try to avoid gaps it never seems to work. Partly it's because on me they sag as soon as they're wet and the gaps appear around my thighs and if I wet a lot they leak straight away or they will the next time I pee. Added to the low capacity they're just not for me.

wetnappyjon said:
I gave up on pull-ups a long time ago. However carefuly I point down and drag them up to my waist to try to avoid gaps it never seems to work. Partly it's because on me they sag as soon as they're wet and the gaps appear around my thighs and if I wet a lot they leak straight away or they will the next time I pee. Added to the low capacity they're just not for me.
And I forgot to add that it's a pain having to take all my clothes off to change.

• Sad
Reactions: Edgewater, puravidadip, Teddy02 and 1 other person
wetnappyjon said:
And I forgot to add that it's a pain having to take all my clothes off to change.
Don’t have to take off shirts to change pull ups. Lol. Except for overalls/rompers. ;-)

Reactions: Edgewater, Teddy02 and wetnappyjon
puravidadip said:
If I know Im going to pee in a pullup I adjust myself accordingly. But I get your point. My main concern with pullups is that they dont hold enough and when I have a full bladder pee it runs down my leg whether or not my anatomy stays fully within in the pullup.

puravidadip said:
Hello! I struggle with finding that "perfect fit" as well. Down below has a mind of its own lol. I currently use Northshore Supreme Pull-Ups and include a stuffer/doubler. Recently, I have noticed that my UIN has become worse so I had to use diapers only. Hope this helps.

I have tried so many different types of pull ups and they all either leak or hold basically nothing then leak, I’ve come to the conclusion that if I want super discrete/ lightweight protection I’m best off using a low capacity Tena slip , they aren’t amazing capacity but definitely very discrete

Reactions: Edgewater and puravidadip
I have been using Abena M3 Flex pull-ups, but only when I have to be discrete, I would rather be in a nappy where I feel better protected. Having said that I am a reduced male after a radical prostatectomy where I am sure the surgeon cut out too much!! My problem is how to find a discrete tabbed nappy that does not have fabric on the outside as I find they never stick together especially if you unfasten them and then reseal them. I do prefer plastic backed nappies but they can be a bit hot in warm summer climes. I am quite an active person and also need a nappy that does not clump up when one is active. Any ideas anyone?

Back