Pull Up “Underwear” Recommendations

I have a Dr appt scheduled but it’s about 2 weeks out. They diddnt say what if any tests they will do. I decided to stop googling urology tests cause it’s freaking me out. For some reason I’ve always had a fear of catheter or something being put up there. All I can do is just go and do whatever is required so I stopped overthinking it.
In the meantime I’m just trying to figure out what products can get me through the day/night without wet clothes or sheets.

Reactions: IcyBlue and diaperdude
I have a disposable and cloth recommendation depending on your needs:

Disposable: "Abena Abri Flex 3" are very comfortable. As others have mentioned, it's worth reiterating that these 'Pull Up' -style diapers are not designed for sleep as much as they are for daytime use in locations where you can change quickly once it's wet.

Cloth: "BabyKins Pull-On Adult Cotton Diaper 10700" These are luxurious if you wanting to invest in some cloths with plastic pants. I first came across these in the 90's when they were sold through DPF. Easily the best cloth Pull-Up
link: https://babykins.com/collections/ad...lt-cotton-diaper-10700?variant=43566246592730

iatec779 said:
I decided to stop googling urology tests cause it’s freaking me out. For some reason I’ve always had a fear of catheter or something being put up there. All I can do is just go and do whatever is required so I stopped overthinking it.
It is highly unlikely that for your first visit to your urologist that you'll get the Roto-rooter treatment. THAT comes later.....BWA HA HA HA!

Seriously, it's ultrasound and other scans these days. At best, you might get your balls fondled. relax.

• Haha
Reactions: Pino, diaperdude and iatec779
CLPP said:
It is highly unlikely that for your first visit to your urologist that you'll get the Roto-rooter treatment. THAT comes later.....BWA HA HA HA!

Seriously, it's ultrasound and other scans these days. At best, you might get your balls fondled. relax.
God I hope that’s is lol. Thanks!

Reactions: Pino and Angelapinks
iatec779 said:
Wow I just checked back in this AM and diddnt expect all the kind words and support, thank you all for that. Makes me feel good that I’m not alone in this.
Think I am going to order a pack of the Abena Abri-Forms with some booster pads from Amazon today and give those a shot for a few nights. Seem to have good reviews. I’m a little worried as I can’t find any cloth pull ons that look like the padding goes all the way up to front waist though. Something I probably need sleeping on my belly.

It’s crazy how a while back when I first opened the depend night defense she bought, I said to her I thought they would be less diaper like, she said back to me, “well what did you expect they need padding to work”. Needless to say they diddnt and now I am buying ones with more padding lol. They are not uncomfortable as I initially thought they would be though. After I lie down I can’t even tell I have them on.
I’m lucky to have such a good support system at home. She actually wears smaller pads for light incontinence all the time. Has done so for years. She says 3 kids do that to women.

My incontinence… I seem to get in a deep sleep and at some point in the night and just don’t wake up to use bathroom around 3-4 nights a week. Depending on fluid intake, it’s usually alot of pee.
I been googling the condition and some med sites say diabetes and sleep apnea can cause it as well, both of which I have. I have a cpap though so thought the Apnea was under control.

Going by all the advice here from those that wear tape on style diapers. How do you put them on by yourself? If I end up having to buy some my 1st concern is how do you get one on say in the bathroom alone so I can put boxers on over it.
Guess I thought they were more for caregivers and people in bed but sounds like they don’t make pull-ups that can keep up with a full on diaper.
I do see what everyone means by stating I need a full diaper, the pull-ups I have and others I see in pictures the padding doesn’t go all the way up to the front waist for belly sleeper like me. Just not sure I want to whip one out and lie in bed strapping it on next to the wife just yet. Even though I’m sure she wouldn’t mind, I prefer to keep it a little more discrete if at all possible.
Today if she’s asleep first I slip on a pull-up and put boxers or shorts on over it. Throw away next am in trash. If she’s up, I can do it easily in bathroom alone. Idk why it matters as she watches me get one and go in, just makes me feel better doing it alone right now.
I will say the next AM is not that discrete right now as the depend leaks out requiring a sheet change. Hoping these Abena’s help that.

Thanks again for the advice!
I have the same problem at night but I started out a few years ago with urge incontinence and during the Covid outbreak I had to resort to the Tranquility Overnight Pull Ups while driving between distances due to bathrooms being closed. These are listed as 1005 ml capacity but if you are sitting they will leak. The Tranquility ATN diapers are plastic backed and only have a listed capacity of 975 ml but they seldom leak and I also fall into a deep sleep and just wake in the morning with a flooded diaper. In both cases I wear plastic or rubber pants for extra protection but overnight I also wear a flannel pull on pant from Kins in case I leak and I have leaked once in awhile. I never feel myself voiding during the night as I am dead to the world until about 6 AM when I seem to wake automatically with an itchy soaked diaper. sometimes I will go and change and put on a pull up or Prevail diaper that is not so absorbent with plastic pants and then go back to bed for an hour or two but I usually do not wet the second one. I have tried Rearz / Incontrol plastic backed diapers with a greater capacity but they cost quite a bit more and I don't really max them out so it seems as waste of funds and a good diaper. I did really like them but I am retired now for almost 13 years and watching my funds very closely so I can travel sometimes although being Incontinent adds some complications to that.

Reactions: iatec779 and diaperdude
iatec779 said:
It is a little uncomfortable but does not take too long and you get to see the inside of your bladder LOL. I have had it done twice over about 5 years just to keep an eye on my condition.

Reactions: diaperdude and iatec779
iatec779 said:
Don’t get yourself all worked up! I have learned that anxious anxiety always turns out to have been an unnecessary waste of time. I speak from experience.

Reactions: Angelapinks and iatec779
Angelapinks said:
I have the same problem at night but I started out a few years ago with urge incontinence and during the Covid outbreak I had to resort to the Tranquility Overnight Pull Ups while driving between distances due to bathrooms being closed. These are listed as 1005 ml capacity but if you are sitting they will leak. The Tranquility ATN diapers are plastic backed and only have a listed capacity of 975 ml but they seldom leak and I also fall into a deep sleep and just wake in the morning with a flooded diaper. In both cases I wear plastic or rubber pants for extra protection but overnight I also wear a flannel pull on pant from Kins in case I leak and I have leaked once in awhile. I never feel myself voiding during the night as I am dead to the world until about 6 AM when I seem to wake automatically with an itchy soaked diaper. sometimes I will go and change and put on a pull up or Prevail diaper that is not so absorbent with plastic pants and then go back to bed for an hour or two but I usually do not wet the second one. I have tried Rearz / Incontrol plastic backed diapers with a greater capacity but they cost quite a bit more and I don't really max them out so it seems as waste of funds and a good diaper. I did really like them but I am retired now for almost 13 years and watching my funds very closely so I can travel sometimes although being Incontinent adds some complications to that.
Thanks for the reply, does sound real close to what I been experiencing. I been waking up around 4-5 am in a wet leaked depend pull on, change and go back to sleep a couple hours.
I tend to need to pee many times usually during the 1st half of the day. Like every hour, and if I don’t follow the urge right way like if I am in an online work meeting. When I get up to go my pants will be slightly wet. I’ve been ignoring it for quite a while but now it’s to the point i need some protection and made a Dr appt.
Northshore sent me samples of their whole line up arriving today so hoping to find what works better for me the next couple weeks.

Reactions: Angelapinks and diaperdude
I'm glad that you and your wife accept that you have accidents at night and need protection. I've been using diapers and pullups since I was a kid. Normally I use assurance overnight pullups or Cvs overnight pullups if I don't want to put my diaper on, like many others have said diapers are your best bet against heavy wettings. But I'd rather use store brand diapers to see how much absorbency that you need and also a bed mat. It can be hard to accept that you need a diaper again.

Reactions: iatec779, Angelapinks and diaperdude
Having dealt with this issue virtually all my life, Pull ups definitely do not provide adequate protection/absorbecny. I have found the TENA Slip Active Fit Maxi to be best. It is an all-in-one taped adult nappy but they work. I also wear high waisted Terry lined plastic pants over the top to catch any leaks. In the UK I am lucky enough to get the TENA Slip products provided free on the National Health Service.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192, Angelapinks and iatec779
I got my Northshore sample pack already today. I opened it up and went through it with my wife. I’m already trying one of the daytime pads if I can get it to stay put lol. Anyway I was looking forward to trying their pull-up at bedtime, it also had 2 different kinds of mega max and other full diaper in box too. I was kinda embarrassed they were in there but to my surprise she started the conversation about trying them at night and how some products have gaps on bigger people like me and I may need to use them to keep bed dry.
I’m going with a pull-up and maybe a booster tonight. Maybe this weekend if I have a few drinks I’ll have courage to give in and try the full thing. A large megamax is kind of intimidating seeing an adult diaper for 1st time lol. looks to have a ton of coverage.

Reactions: Angelapinks and diaperdude
iatec779 said:
A large megamax is kind of intimidating seeing an adult diaper for 1st time lol. looks to have a ton of coverage.
I’m 23, turning 24 tomorrow. I have been wearing diapers 24/7 for the past 8 months or so and I can agree with what everyone has said. The pull ups don’t work for overnight, and if you start to leak a lot during the day you will bring changing too often, whistling money, time, and it’s a pain to change them when out. I am a belly sleeper too and I tried to use pull-ups; the north shore one’s actually. They didn’t do anything but leak and I quickly learned that I needed the tape on diapers. I’m still trying to find what works best for me but better dry during the day and mega max at night seem to work good for me. You will find that not all diapers fit the same and it will take some trial and error to find the best fit and capacity for your needs. And you may also find the same to be true for drs, I went to my first urologist and it was not great. Basically said my bladder is just lazy and I need to retrain it but my bladder has been going down hill since I was very young

Reactions: Angelapinks and iatec779
iatec779 said:
Maybe this weekend if I have a few drinks I’ll have courage to give in and try the full thing. A large megamax is kind of intimidating seeing an adult diaper for 1st time lol. looks to have a ton of coverage.
It may seem intimidating at first. What you might want to do is to lock yourself in the bathroom for privacy while you work things out. It doesn't need to be a secret, but there is no advantage to having your wife unintentionally/intentionally making you feel even more embarrassed. For extra dignity, wear PJs over top before climbing into bed. My wife rarely sees my diaper and I think she likes it that way.

Reactions: Pino and Angelapinks
slimjiminy said:
It may seem intimidating at first. What you might want to do is to lock yourself in the bathroom for privacy while you work things out. It doesn't need to be a secret, but there is no advantage to having your wife unintentionally/intentionally making you feel even more embarrassed. For extra dignity, wear PJs over top before climbing into bed. My wife rarely sees my diaper and I think she likes it that way.
She’s very supportive, when I try one out I’ll just put pjs or shorts on over it. the embarrassment is just in my head still, she has never made me feel that way the last several months of accidents etc. she probably wishes I would of tried protection sooner instead of washing sheets a few times a week.

Reactions: diaperdude and Angelapinks
iatec779 said:
she probably wishes I would of tried protection sooner instead of washing sheets a few times a week.
Indeed, dry sheets often wins the spouse over when the question of diapers comes up.

Reactions: diaperdude and Angelapinks
Just having her involved with choosing samples and checking the samples out with you when they arrived will have a major positive impact going forward for both of you. And she knows you will be coming to bed in "clean underwear" every night. Big win!

Reactions: jdinvirginia, diaperdude and Angelapinks
It's the best thing in the world if your partner supports you! As my IC started (after a few weeks I couldn't hide it any more) and I told her about my issues her very first reaction was to make clear that there is absolutely no reason for being embarrassed, that I am exactly the same person than before an that she loves me in the same way no matter if I wear some protection or not. She encouraged me to try out different kind of protection and find and use whatever makes me feel most comfortable handling my issues. She didn't only say but also show me that it's OK for her as cuddling and intimacy still happens with me being in diapers...
At the beginning I talked a lot with her about my feelings, the pros and cons of different kind of protection, why I preferred what and for which curcumstances, but after I found "my" best protection everything faded over to a "new normal". It is at it is, we both have fully accepted my condition and live with it and regard it as an absolutely not big deal. And it really isn't - I fell comfortable wearing my protection, I can live my active life in the same way as I did before, I have no pain or discomfort, nobody can see or smell something, only thing is that I have to change my underwear three times a day (and don't have to worry any more for finding bathrooms quick). Of course I don't expose more than needed to my wife, change myself without involving her in any way, but also no need at all to hide anything - she freely also enters our big bathroom if I'm in as she did before, me just changing my diaper, has also no issues sometimes to dispose our bathrooms garbage pail with my diapers to the outside one - it's just normal life!

• Love
Reactions: diaperdude
You know I had a thought, if pull ups just are not quite enough but you are not quite ready for tape on diapers there is an in between... The shaped pad, like the northshore dynadry XL abena abri san 11 or the attends extended wear. They are shaped like a diaper and provide 2/3 the performance of a diaper but they don't have wings or tapes you just wear them in snug fitting underwear. It's worth a thought 🤔.

Reactions: diaperdude and iatec779
Thanks for the thought Kenworth, Northshore happened to send me a couple of the XL pads and yea they’re quite big, after last nights failed trial I might give that a shot tonight.
I tried an Abena L3 underwear with a northshore stuffer. Much thicker than the depend I was wearing, thought be good to go but woke up around 4am to a wet bed. The pull-up was only maybe a 1/3 wet, it just don’t go up far enough in the front.
I’ll keep trying different things until figure out what works. Before it’s all over I’m sure I’ll be trying out one of the full diaper samples. They sent me an “air” sample that don’t feel so crinkly. I’ll probably try that one 1st in a couple days if can’t get the larger pads or haven’t tried the northshore supreme underwear yet.

Reactions: diaperdude
iatec779 said:
Before it’s all over I’m sure I’ll be trying out one of the full diaper samples. They sent me an “air” sample that don’t feel so crinkly.
The Megamax Air are great and may work well for you if you're not an excessive wetter. The only issue with them is they are cloth-like, so the tapes can easily loosen up or work lose if you move around a lot while sleeping. The easiest fix for what you might have available is to wear a pair of snug boxer briefs over them.

Reactions: iatec779
Back