Pull Up “Underwear” Recommendations

So, I have to say, you all were right lol. (Not that I doubted any of the advice) Last night I wore a megamax air to bed and this AM the sheets were completely dry for the 1st time since I been having accidents and trying our products!
I had a few beers before coming home to bed last night (Thursday night guys card playing thing) the wife actually recommended to step up and try one of the full diaper samples. (She knew we had them and probably wanted to wake up in dry bed) so I did had had to report back it worked!
I wasn’t sure how to put it on right, I laid down on it in bed. I had trouble holding the sides & doing the 1st 2 tapes but she ended up helping me and I did the top 2 myself. I was shocked it wasn’t that uncomfortable, just soft. When I got up and walked to the bathroom this morning it was definitely noticeable lol, someone said would feel like a whole pillow between legs and it did.
I did notice it must of stretched some during the night as it was a little loose this AM but worked. Diddnt matter as I was removing it anyway.

I still wish they made something easier to put on that covered all way to front waist just glad to wake up feeling dry, I’ll make the rest work.

Thanks again!!

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192, diaperdude, Angelapinks and 2 others
Glad it worked well for you. A little practice and you will have no issue taping it on. That being said, if you read through many of the threads you will note that many emphasize the manner to put it on--bottom tapes first, top tapes first, etc.--to get the best fit. But I find the most important thing is to learn where the tapes are placed when you have a good fit (this only applies to a specific diaper brand/model/size). Once you know where the tapes should be placed, it's easy to put a diaper on well by yourself, whether lying down or standing up.

Try the Megamax sample before you order anything. The Megamax doesn't stretch whatsoever because of the plastic backing, is just as soft as the air, and has higher capacity, so less chance of leaking.

Hope your bed stays dry!

Reactions: jdinvirginia, diaperdude, iatec779 and 1 other person
I also note with my Tena Proskin Maxi (fully CF), that when I wake up in the morning it's stretched (only for the top tapes, not the bottom ones). First, of course CF simply stretches with all the nightly movements, but also in the morning my stomach is completely empty and so I'm noticeable slimmer than in the evening. No problem, before getting up I simply refasten (readjust) the top tapes so I can get up without loosing my more or less heavy diaper!

Reactions: Angelapinks, diaperdude and iatec779
hbic60 said:
I also note with my Tena Proskin Maxi (fully CF), that when I wake up in the morning it's stretched (only for the top tapes, not the bottom ones). First, of course CF simply stretches with all the nightly movements, but also in the morning my stomach is completely empty and so I'm noticeable slimmer than in the evening. No problem, before getting up I simply refasten (readjust) the top tapes so I can get up without loosing my more or less heavy diaper!
I May have to try these tena proskin Maxi if my night time wetting gets worse.

CheshireCat said:
Glad it worked well for you. A little practice and you will have no issue taping it on. That being said, if you read through many of the threads you will note that many emphasize the manner to put it on--bottom tapes first, top tapes first, etc.--to get the best fit. But I find the most important thing is to learn where the tapes are placed when you have a good fit (this only applies to a specific diaper brand/model/size). Once you know where the tapes should be placed, it's easy to put a diaper on well by yourself, whether lying down or standing up.

Try the Megamax sample before you order anything. The Megamax doesn't stretch whatsoever because of the plastic backing, is just as soft as the air, and has higher capacity, so less chance of leaking.

Hope your bed stays dry!
We went to a company holiday party last night, got home after drinking some knew it would be a wetter than usual night.
I tried the plastic Megamax as suggested, I’m still having issues fastening tapes myself but it just takes time. My wife who been a nurse for years got fed up with me messing around, got out of bed and taped it on me lol. She said, stop messing around Ive done this hundreds of times lol. Think she wanted to get to sleep. Anyway, so that worked out and this morning, bed was dry, diaper diddnt stretch any but I can’t believe how big that diaper got! It holds a ton. Felt like i was waddling to our bathroom to remove it lol, thankfully she was still sleeping. Switched into a pull-up and back to bed a bit longer. I know it don’t matter but but the tapes on them are so darn loud lol. Probably just cause they have to to hold well.

Reactions: Angelapinks and CheshireCat
Hi, Abena, Attends make some very good pull ups. I heard Molicare Mobiles are good too.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192 and diaperdude
iatec779 said:
We went to a company holiday party last night, got home after drinking some knew it would be a wetter than usual night.
I tried the plastic Megamax as suggested, I’m still having issues fastening tapes myself but it just takes time. My wife who been a nurse for years got fed up with me messing around, got out of bed and taped it on me lol. She said, stop messing around Ive done this hundreds of times lol. Think she wanted to get to sleep. Anyway, so that worked out and this morning, bed was dry, diaper diddnt stretch any but I can’t believe how big that diaper got! It holds a ton. Felt like i was waddling to our bathroom to remove it lol, thankfully she was still sleeping. Switched into a pull-up and back to bed a bit longer. I know it don’t matter but but the tapes on them are so darn loud lol. Probably just cause they have to to hold well.
What do you think about the plastic back? I know I have tried cloth back and personally day or night they can be aggravating because the tapes tend to loosen a little. I have gotten used to plastic back and find them more comfortable.

Reactions: Angelapinks and diaperdude
I’m new to all this but so far I like the cloth for the quietness and in my head I think they have a little less “diaper” feel. I know my wife is not judging but the crinkle makes me paranoid when I roll over etc.
But, the plastic seems to make me more confident against leaks, diddnt stretch at all. Plastic probably way to go, just need to get used to it.
The front panel in the megamax was noisy compared to the rest of the diaper. Idk if I liked that part but the tapes stick to it extremely well, had to pull hard in the AM. The extra flap part after taped up, the front panel tap zone kinda scratched my skin a bit, I just folded it back under so soft side touched me, another part that wasn’t my favorite.

Reactions: Angelapinks
I like seni active super plus Myself. Tranquility over night is good too. When I wear pull ups I often put on two pair, When I fill the inside one I tear the sides away and discard then I pull up the second one and my pants and go about my way. None of them have enough absorbency for me to go more than 3 to 4 hours tops. Doing this allows me to change without having to remove my pants and shoes or to carry a extra diaper.

Reactions: Angelapinks and iatec779
Diaperman95 said:
I like seni active super plus Myself. Tranquility over night is good too. When I wear pull ups I often put on two pair, When I fill the inside one I tear the sides away and discard then I pull up the second one and my pants and go about my way. None of them have enough absorbency for me to go more than 3 to 4 hours tops. Doing this allows me to change without having to remove my pants and shoes or to carry an extra diaper.
I’ve seen a couple people mention the ATN tranquility. I hav e a pack of those on the way and a pack of Tena super stretch briefs. The Tena had an interesting sings belt type thing that wraps around and attached to front of diaper like a single tape. Had good reviews and thought be easy to put on. I’m just wearing them overnight so if they can stay on in bed and not leak I’ll be good to go lol.

Reactions: Diaperman95
Diaperman95 said:
I like seni active super plus Myself. Tranquility over night is good too. When I wear pull ups I often put on two pair, When I fill the inside one I tear the sides away and discard then I pull up the second one and my pants and go about my way. None of them have enough absorbency for me to go more than 3 to 4 hours tops. Doing this allows me to change without having to remove my pants and shoes or to carry a extra diaper.
That is just what I do if I am going out for a few hours. I know that I will flood one so I can just tear away the wet one and I am good to go for another hour or two. To prevent leaks I wear plastic pants but if I am out for an extended time I wear rubber pants that seal better at the legs.

• Love
Reactions: Diaperman95
iatec779 said:
I’ve seen a couple people mention the ATN tranquility. I hav e a pack of those on the way and a pack of Tena super stretch briefs. The Tena had an interesting sings belt type thing that wraps around and attached to front of diaper like a single tape. Had good reviews and thought be easy to put on. I’m just wearing them overnight so if they can stay on in bed and not leak I’ll be good to go lol.
I have tried those tena stretch I personally had no luck. They fit too loose and leaked around the legs. But everyone is different they might work great for you. Keep in mind most of these medical diaper companies if you go to there site will send you free samples of their products. Tena, attends, I think tranquility does it, NorthShore, Seni, Wellness, depends, HDIS and many more. I have received samples from all of these places over the years.

NorthShore has a pretty okay pullup diaper too and 3 different ones I think. You can 100% count on them to mail you samples at no cost. Try the megamax if looking for the best diaper ever.

Also Tena super for man looks a lot like underwear an is surprisingly very absorbent. They are white with striped lines

I have not tried them yet but want to try the liv dry for men
https://www.amazon.com/LivDry-Incontinence-Underwear-Ultimate-Protection/dp/B09JX29LGJ

Get online and load up on the free stuff to see what you like. This way you do not have to buy bags or cases of products you do not like.
One more thing to keep in mind is shape pads and stretch underwear can be even more effective than pull ups and normally cost less.

Best luck to you my friend

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192 and diaperdude
Back