Photshop/image guru's....need some help!(diaper tapes)

quartz200420012

Diaper Historian
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I was wondering if anyone can take the following image and kinda clean up the areas outside the tape zone? My goal is that you could have a printable version of this tape design.

Can anyone help? The file is to large to be uploaded to the forums. If the link doesn't work you can PM me and I'll email you the original.

LINK...

• Love
Reactions: PuffPuffPaci, Lillogan18, magnolia and 2 others
The wrinkles are the problem. You almost need to put some lexan or plexiglass overtop to flatten it out first.1622571613621.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 66129, PaddedRita, magnolia and 4 others
TeddyUrsadorable said:
The wrinkles are the problem. You almost need to put some lexan or plexiglass overtop to flatten it out first.View attachment 56669
okay, I have a few actual samples of this diaper so I'll try that....

I'll have to go get some of those materials to do it, but thanks for the help so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: PuffPuffPaci and ieyasu
I’m by far no Photoshop expert but if it’s not done by the time I get home this evening I will take a stab at it, always looking for creative ways to get better at it even if like I say I’m not that great

Reactions: quartz200420012
I do this type of thing frequently so your best bet for high quality would be tracing the lines and then colouring them in

• Love
Reactions: PuffPuffPaci, KnappFlannel, ThatGuyFromThatThread and 3 others
If you want the best quality, please put it in a scanner. It will be flat and have no shadows. That would make it easier to edit too, just make sure it's at the max resolution (like 1200DPI), though it will take a little while but be worth it.

Reactions: ThatGuyFromThatThread and JaysonTheRegressor
ronnieM said:
If you want the best quality, please put it in a scanner. It will be flat and have no shadows. That would make it easier to edit too, just make sure it's at the max resolution (like 1200DPI), though it will take a little while but be worth it.
it was in a scanner...I just need to make it flatter

Last edited:
Reactions: BobaFettish
ronnieM said:
I just tried flattening it out even more, apparently some of the "wrinkles" are where the glue from the front landing strip is coming up. Out of the samples I have, they're all like that.

crap.

I can help I'm a Photoshop wiz! I sent you a DM. Is that a Baby Diaper or ABDL Diaper? Just curious.

quartz200420012 said:
I was wondering if anyone can take the following image and kinda clean up the areas outside the tape zone? My goal is that you could have a printable version of this tape design.

Can anyone help? The file is to large to be uploaded to the forums. If the link doesn't work you can PM me and I'll email you the original.

LINK...
It is a small repeating pattern, so try a few scans and then you can always chop and paste the best parts back together then just copy/paste it into a longer repeating pattern.
Also try turning down the contrast, it is whiting out a lot of it in your original.

Last edited:
There is a repeating pattern ...
quartz200420012 said:
There are a lot of artifacts, damage, and unwanted elements.
I had to repair sections before attempting to extract a pattern ... due to the low quality of the original image, the entire process was a pain in my tail and I was not able to extract a good pattern.
Happy Sun Extract .jpg
Happy Sun Outline .jpg

Reactions: Pika123, Deleted member 56273, pdiapered and 5 others
So @quartz200420012 I sent you a DM but in case you didn't see it here it is! TA-DA! I could've totally fixed it in Photoshop but it'd still be a low quality picture. That's why I went a step further and redrew it as a beautiful clean high quality vector image in Illustrator! That way you'll have the best looking Diaper Tape from that design as you possibly can! I majored in Graphic Design so, this was no problem for me! What Diaper was this from anyway?
SunnyDT.jpg

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Deleted member 76595, Pika123, TygerKiddo and 23 others
JaysonTheRegressor said:
I do this type of thing frequently so your best bet for high quality would be tracing the lines and then colouring them in
Exactly! That's what I did!

• Love
Reactions: WillFord384 and JaysonTheRegressor
SecretlyABDL94 said:
I could've totally fixed it in Photoshop but it'd still be a low quality picture. That's why I went a step further and redrew it as a beautiful clean high quality vector image in Illustrator!

Fantastic job!

• Love
Reactions: ABDElsa
SecretlyABDL94 said:
So @quartz200420012 I sent you a DM but in case you didn't see it here it is! TA-DA! I could've totally fixed it in Photoshop but it'd still be a low quality picture. That's why I went a step further and redrew it as a beautiful clean high quality vector image in Illustrator! That way you'll have the best looking Diaper Tape from that design as you possibly can! I majored in Graphic Design so, this was no problem for me! What Diaper was this from anyway?
View attachment 56796
There should be a dedicated section for this

Finished printable tapes and a sub section of tapes people want created

It would be nice too be able too up vote designs too

• Love
Reactions: Pampyboy, LinkDL, ThatGuyFromThatThread and 3 others
AComputerGuy said:

If someone standardized a template for sizing, I'm sure I could post a few as well.

• Love
Reactions: ThatGuyFromThatThread, ABDElsa and AComputerGuy
TeddyUrsadorable said:
If someone standardized a template for sizing, I'm sure I could post a few as well.
Vector images are the way forward they can be created in any size and then scaled too smaller or monster sizes without quality juat a standard rectangle like above

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ABDElsa
AComputerGuy said:
Vector images are the way forward they can be created in any size and then scaled too smaller or monster sizes without quality juat a standard rectangle like above

Yup, that's why I made my care bear onesie material patterns as vectors in illustrator. :D. I try to do everything I can that's going to be scaled as vectors.

• Love
Reactions: AComputerGuy and ABDElsa
TeddyUrsadorable said:
Fantastic job!
Thanks
AComputerGuy said:

I agree that would be great
TeddyUrsadorable said:
Well the size I measured for a L/XL Diaper Tape is 22"x6" but can always be made smaller. Plus a printer can only print 11x17 so the widest it can be made is 17".
AComputerGuy said:
Exactly Vectors aren't dependent on pixels so, they're infinitely scalable. That's why I use them!
TeddyUrsadorable said:
Yup, that's why I made my care bear onesie material patterns as vectors in illustrator. :D. I try to do everything I can that's going to be scaled as vectors.
You made a Onesie?!

Back