Pampers / Luvs Fragrance Reboot

derpywhooves94 said:
U should work with the wah wash crew they have hinted at making the same sent as u
Looks like they use mass spectrometry. Probably wouldn't share those results with me lol.. it would work against their best interests to share with someone who wants to make open source formulations. Places like perfumersworld will run mass spectrometry on samples you send - they are somewhat costly, though, and I'd have to literally run an extraction on Luv's somehow. Probably would have to soak the inner liner in alcohol while discarding any glued or dyed pieces so as not the pollute the spectrum with things that don't contribute to the fragrance. That would be a crowdfunded endeavor in exchange for public data. Not ready to take that step, too busy right now lol

• Love
Reactions: pdiapered
Well, as someone who bought a box of Pampers last week and found the smell to seem partly digested, don't copy it too closely. Do better. :)

littleArgument said:
Looks like they use mass spectrometry. Probably wouldn't share those results with me lol.. it would work against their best interests to share with someone who wants to make open source formulations. Places like perfumersworld will run mass spectrometry on samples you send - they are somewhat costly, though, and I'd have to literally run an extraction on Luv's somehow. Probably would have to soak the inner liner in alcohol while discarding any glued or dyed pieces so as not the pollute the spectrum with things that don't contribute to the fragrance. That would be a crowdfunded endeavor in exchange for public data. Not ready to take that step, too busy right now lol
Got Telegram? 😜 We'd love to chat!

Reactions: southeastlittle
I am likely jumping into this rabbit hole of perfumery as well as I am also obsessed with the search for this scent. I just ordered some Memory Baby cologne from Baby Jolie, a couple people mentioned it smells like vintage pampers, we shall see. If it is a dud I shall also start buying ingredients and trying to figure things out. That last thread has insanely great information. Definitely joining that Patreon to support that work.

I did get some Chanel 19 that has hints of some of the notes, that mixed with Gucci Guilty Intense get closer, on some fronts, but misses some key things. I want to try Chanel 22 as it seems to have a lot of the right notes, buy it is hyper expensive and rare.

• Wow
Reactions: Lostdiapersboy and theancientmariner
stiletos said:
I am likely jumping into this rabbit hole of perfumery as well as I am also obsessed with the search for this scent. I just ordered some Memory Baby cologne from Baby Jolie, a couple people mentioned it smells like vintage pampers, we shall see. If it is a dud I shall also start buying ingredients and trying to figure things out. That last thread has insanely great information. Definitely joining that Patreon to support that work.

I did get some Chanel 19 that has hints of some of the notes, that mixed with Gucci Guilty Intense get closer, on some fronts, but misses some key things. I want to try Chanel 22 as it seems to have a lot of the right notes, buy it is hyper expensive and rare.
Thank you in advance for your contribution towards this ever elusive scent. We need as much research into this as we can muster.

When you get your baby cologne, can you message me or post your experience with it? I can use a good scent of some sort, but I'm not sure what to buy.

theancientmariner said:
Thank you in advance for your contribution towards this ever elusive scent. We need as much research into this as we can muster.

When you get your baby cologne, can you message me or post your experience with it? I can use a good scent of some sort, but I'm not sure what to buy.
I will definitely give an update with the cologne. Based on past experiences with that type of thing I am guessing it will be disappointment.

What research I have done scouring perfume and fragrance forums for days on end makes me likely to start here

"Violet, Ylang Ylang, Musk, Patchouli, Neroli, Lavender, Jasmine, Orange."

Taken from my post at Fragnatica, a phenomenal site for all things fragrance/perfume related.

I think the scent had some powder, but it was subtle. Musk for sure, and flower forward. There was orange in it, but I think that was subtle. The scent also had that odd plastic sweetness.

It was very unique, but there is a perfume or cologne out there close to it. Catching a wiff caused me to blind buy Amouage Gold Man, which is not even close. The people who walked by were Italian and I fear it might be a fairly rare perfume or cologne from over there.

Last edited:
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and theancientmariner
stiletos said:
I will definitely give an update with the cologne. Based on past experiences with that type of thing I am guessing it will be disappointment.

"What research I have done scouring perfume and fragrance forums for days on end makes me likely to start here

Violet, Ylang Ylang, Musk, Patchouli, Neroli, Lavender, Jasmine, Orange."

Taken from my post at Fragnatica, a phenomenal site for all things fragrance/perfume related.
IF I had the money, I'd ge into it, as I have plenty room for that now if I needed it. But he OP littleArgument said it gets pricey buying all these different ingredients. We need someone rich to really commit to this.

Reactions: Lostdiapersboy
theancientmariner said:
IF I had the money, I'd ge into it, as I have plenty room for that now if I needed it. But he OP littleArgument said it gets pricey buying all these different ingredients. We need someone rich to really commit to this.
I can buy the stuff. If P&G would just up and offer my the exact recipe and the exclusive use patent for it I would pay them $100,000 for it. This a valuable niche fragrance if marketed properly.

• Wow
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Lostdiapersboy, theancientmariner and 1 other person
I would be willing to donate to the cause if in return I could be a nose-tester for anything you want second opinions on. I've been told I have a very keen nose and I can pick out smells most others can't. That's my resume!

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Lostdiapersboy
southeastlittle said:
I would be willing to donate to the cause if in return I could be a nose-tester for anything you want second opinions on. I've been told I have a very keen nose and I can pick out smells most others can't. That's my resume!
Did you stamp your resume with your nose?

• Haha
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and southeastlittle
stiletos said:
I can buy the stuff. If P&G would just up and offer my the exact recipe and the exclusive use patent for it I would pay them $100,000 for it. This a valuable niche fragrance if marketed properly.
I doubt they would. Even with $100,000, they'd still keep in tuck under their mattresses. I guess we just make the right one. That's probably the only way. Those that know that scent very well can mimic it if they want it bad enough. And they know we'd pay for the stuff too. I think going to P&G is useless unless you triple that number.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
theancientmariner said:
I doubt they would. Even with $100,000, they'd still keep in tuck under their mattresses. I guess we just make the right one. That's probably the only way. Those that know that scent very well can mimic it if they want it bad enough. And they know we'd pay for the stuff too. I think going to P&G is useless unless you triple that number.
I can't imagine they would sell that for any amount of money

If you ever need a donation for the cause, just let me know. Won't be a lot, but it will be something. Thanks for your hard work on this.

thickdiapers said:
If you ever need a donation for the cause, just let me know. Won't be a lot, but it will be something. Thanks for your hard work on this.
Same here! You can also subscribe to user Diaps' Patreon for their ongoing project to recreate Luvs/Pampers scent like I did. Hopefully that dream is still alive and well!

Last edited:
southeastlittle said:
I can't imagine they would sell that for any amount of money
Hey southeastlittle, I think you may be right. They'll hold on to that their whole lives.

southeastlittle said:
Same here! You can also subscribe to user Diaps' Patreon for their ongoing project to recreate Luvs/Pampers scent like I did. Hopefully that dream is still alive and well!
I just subscribed to his/our quest. Hoping for his success. Hopefully he shows up on this thread sooner or later.

I ordered that Harajuku Lovers Baby perfume as well as people seem to think it might be close to the old Pampers scent. Not super cheap stuff since it is all vintage now. I got a 100ml tester, even if it is not the scent I want, it still sounds like it wont be terrible. Getting an order of that Ban stuff as well.

Update:
Baby Jolie Memory does NOT smell like the vintage Pampers scent at all.
I got the Ban Powder Fresh roll on. It does not smell like them either. It is mostly powder, weak powder at that. It is missing the majority of the critical tones.
I also bought Dove Advanced Powder Soft spray on deodorant, since Dove is owned by P&G. Another huge miss.

I have Secret Powder Fresh deodorant coming, which some people mention is close, my hopes are low at this point. The Harajuku is not in yet, hopefully that was not a $200 complete miss as well.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and southeastlittle
So my Harajuku Lovers Baby came in. It is not the original Pampers Fragrance, but this one has some of the parts that went into the original Pampers. I don't get hit over the head with the exact Pampers scent, but I get this cloying need to check it again because somewhere in there are a few of the pieces of this long lost fragrance. I am currently trying to mix it on a diaper with Gucci Guilt Intense and Amouage Gold Man to try and see if I can get a blend that brings out a closer proxy.

I now wish I could sniff all of the "Baby" fragrances from Harajuku at a perfume store to try to see if anything got closer. Of all of the billion cheaper fragrances from the celebrities I get a sense that one of them might be a close copy. Katy Perry talked in an interview about loving the exact scent of vintage Pampers, but from what I have been able to research she has never made a copy fragrance of it in her line.

stiletos said:
So my Harajuku Lovers Baby came in. It is not the original Pampers Fragrance, but this one has some of the parts that went into the original Pampers. I don't get hit over the head with the exact Pampers scent, but I get this cloying need to check it again because somewhere in there are a few of the pieces of this long lost fragrance. I am currently trying to mix it on a diaper with Gucci Guilt Intense and Amouage Gold Man to try and see if I can get a blend that brings out a closer proxy.

I now wish I could sniff all of the "Baby" fragrances from Harajuku at a perfume store to try to see if anything got closer. Of all of the billion cheaper fragrances from the celebrities I get a sense that one of them might be a close copy. Katy Perry talked in an interview about loving the exact scent of vintage Pampers, but from what I have been able to research she has never made a copy fragrance of it in her line.
I don't see Harajuku Lovers Baby in stock anywhere. Where did you get it from?

Back