Pampers Baby Dry Size 8 - New Packaging AND LARGER!

varis67 said:
Now let's really blow some minds!
Back in the 90s (yes I'm old) kids diapers weren't really numbered yet. There was simply small, med, large. and XL. The XL was rated around 40+ pounds. What happened over the years is manufacturers simply expanded the options but the diapers themselves haven't really changed in size.
Exactly. Great excuse to put fewer diapers in a pack while charging more with each size "increase."

I did wear pampers (at night) till I was 7, we talk about the 90’s. Diapers then were much bigger then now. The shape has become smaller over the years. They stay baby diapers….do not have the illusion you fit as adult

Reactions: espectro
odd1inSyde said:
Exactly. Great excuse to put fewer diapers in a pack while charging more with each size "increase."
It’s called “shrinkflation”

Hiding inflation by increasing the unit price (they do it with everything: cereal, paper towels, wipes, swiffers, you name it!)

Reactions: odd1inSyde and espectro
prd-front-5819875-1-1020x1020

Reactions: espectro, littledreamers333 and Dutchpamper
Dutchpamper said:
I did wear pampers (at night) till I was 7, we talk about the 90’s. Diapers then were much bigger then now. The shape has become smaller over the years. They stay baby diapers….do not have the illusion you fit as adult
The numbers keep going up but the sizes get smaller. It's a very odd marketing / manufacturer strategy.
I still have a few Pampers left from my childhood. Diapers today which state they fit larger / heavier kids are either same size as 90s Pampers or actually smaller

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: PlastiBrain, espectro and 12srepaid
SparkyDog said:
The numbers keep going up but the sizes get smaller. It's a very odd marketing / manufacturer strategy.
I still have a few Pampers left from my childhood. Diapers today which state they fit larger / heavier kids are either same size as 90s Pampers or actually smaller
I still have some pampers xl from my childhood too

relax said:
saw them in store here....pampers are small. Could try but they never fit

Dutchpamper said:
saw them in store here....pampers are small. Could try but they never fit
I was disappointed with the size 8 pants, they should be about the size of 4-7 drynites but there nowhere close

• Sad
Reactions: 12srepaid
SparkyDog said:
I think P&G is bringing to Spain and Portugal market, the leftover diapers. First the first batch of US Ninjamas that was smaller went to us when they made the sizes a bit bigger and now that pampers baby dry have poop pocket in countries like Germany, they "upgraded" our dodot brand with the leftovers without poop pocket. So now we sit in a funny position where we just got size 7 for the first time that is the same size as previously size 6+ (its exactly the same diaper with same designs) and then inside the same brand Dotot Baby Dry 7 is the same size as Dodot Activity size 6+ and Dodot Sensitive size 6+.

P&G should be sued for changing the sizes like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: CrayonRocket and Babygs2608
Chalsed said:
P&G should be sued for changing the sizes like that.
Im not sure any lawyer would take that on. P&G would just claim poor measuring.

I know it's a stupid question but...if P&G made Pampers size 24, would you use (or try) them? Actually I'm good with my protection (Confidry 24/7 or plastic backed Abena). If they made size 24 (~32" to 40"), I bet they would be good (less the baby prints).

Chalsed said:
I think P&G is bringing to Spain and Portugal market, the leftover diapers. First the first batch of US Ninjamas that was smaller went to us when they made the sizes a bit bigger
Interesting theory, do the dodot ninjamas have the ninjamas logo on the rear waistband with back and dos below that?

SparkyDog said:
Im not sure any lawyer would take that on. P&G would just claim poor measuring.
I don't think they would even have to do that, the sizes are completely arbitrary.

HappyNappin said:
Interesting theory, do the dodot ninjamas have the ninjamas logo on the rear waistband with back and dos below that?
I actually came across these the other day whilst browsing the different European Amazon sites I didn’t see the ninjamas logo and interestingly I think they were unisex - I’ll see if I can find a link

Pamperswearer said:
I actually came across these the other day whilst browsing the different European Amazon sites I didn’t see the ninjamas logo and interestingly I think they were unisex - I’ll see if I can find a link
Okay so far for Spain I’ve found they are gendered so forget that last comment and they are known as happyjamas

Dodot Pañales HappyJama para Niña 8 -12 Años (27-55 kg), 52 Unidades, Pañal con Protección Anti-Fugas Durante la Noch https://amzn.eu/d/5dKqWZS

Dodot HappyJama - Pañales Niño 4 - 7 Años, 17 Unidades, 17 - 29 kg, Protección anti-fugas Durante La Noche https://amzn.eu/d/5UcASqb

Turns out is actually Italy that have the unisex bedtime pants

Il Salvapigiamino Pampers 8-12 anni, Formato Scorta, 54 Pannolini, Taglia L/XL (27-43 Kg) https://amzn.eu/d/62S7B2d

Reactions: DanElmontan
Has anybody tried the Italian not-Ninjamas yet?

DanElmontan said:
Has anybody tried the Italian not-Ninjamas yet?
There name translates as pyjama savers, not sure why that's so amusing to me.

fredy552 said:
I have never seen SIZE 8 in the U.S.A.? Has anyone else seen these here in the U.S.A?
Yes I've seen and purchased pampers size 8 in the swadlers only. I'm dying to get my hands on the new larger baby drys. I can fit into swadlers size 8 but just barely a little bit bigger would fit me nicely.

Albasion said:
Unless you're, like, extremely tiny.
That isn't true, at least for me. I'm 189cm and 89kg and I can fit in Baby Dry Size 8 easily. They're really big diapers, considering they are made for children.

I really wish they sold them In smaller packs. I really don't need to buy 22 to find out they don't fit me.

Reactions: LittleWolfCub and skylanderpamp
Back