Opinions on 24/7 (constant) padded

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been 24/7 for a few years now, and strangely enough I keep finding more advantages to it. During the warmer summer months it starts to tip the balance with sweating and all, but for now anyway I don't see any turning back. "Livin' the dream, baby! Livin' the dream!" I continue to wake up every morning thinking to myself, "I'm glad I'm able to wake up diapered every morning."

boobybird89 said:
I didn't mean to make it sound like it did damage to my bladder, it just made it hyperactive and I guess my body was just getting adjusted to wearing one on a 24/7 basis. If any damage was done to it, drinking Mountain Dew religiously for many years was a contributor.. that stuff is absolute hell on it and like nicotine, bogusly addictive. I haven't drank a soda in over 3 years, thank goodness..
O um then i must ask what about Monster Energy Drinks? :dunno: Cause i drink 1-2 of them every day that i work.

I don't drink energy drinks but by what I know too many of them aren't good for you either. Caffeine is bad, especially in excessive amounts and energy drinks are known for being packed with the stuff.

Fascinating said:
The other day I was getting ready to go out and grabbed a pair of panties out of my drawer along with my slip and hose. Then I was just looking at it a couple seconds like I don't wrar these any more, so why did I do that? It has been ten months and I don't think I'll ever go back to wearing them.
So through them out no sense in keeping them anymore seeing that you dont need them no more :educate:

- - - Updated - - -

boobybird89 said:
I don't drink energy drinks but by what I know too many of them aren't good for you either. Caffeine is bad, especially in excessive amounts and energy drinks are known for being packed with the stuff.
Then i guess my final question is do you think it will damage my blader? :dunno:

I'm not a doctor but I have checked out the WebMD site and what they say about energy drinks and excessive caffeine is that it can cause an overactive bladder. Essentially it makes you feel like you have to go even when your bladder isn't full. Drinking as much soda and consuming the caffeine that I was, I found my bladder going crazy every two hours and sometimes even shorter intervals than that.

I don't think it damages your bladder but I ponder if it wouldn't cause Incontinence later on in life if you do this for extended periods of time...

RainbowDash728 said:
Then i guess my final question is do you think it will damage my blader? :dunno:

I'm not a doctor either but drinking excessive amounts of energy drinks will actually hurt your kidneys. They are somewhat bad for your heart if you drink too much but follow this link as to why energy drinks are bad: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/23/just-how-dangerous-are-energy-drinks_n_5515647.html

While they are sometimes necessary to get through a day, it is without a doubt harmful if consumed: http://www.caffeineinformer.com/energy-drink-side-effects

Here are some really bad energy drinks to drink: http://www.caffeineinformer.com/top-10-energy-drink-dangers

To some people that want to drink alot just to fill their diapers up. If your that desperate as to filling your soggy butts up to the brim, nothing like few glasses of water should do the trick. More healthier, and it's H2O.

Is that a reason (if you are) 24/7 if you fear about your bladder problems?

Last edited:
RainbowDash728 said:
O um then i must ask what about Monster Energy Drinks? :dunno: Cause i drink 1-2 of them every day that i work.

My mate ended up with a stomach ulcer and really bad nausea after drinking energy drinks every day. Sweetened drinks (like cola) are bad enough -- you wouldn't want to drink them every day. But mixing that with caffeine and amino acids is even worse for you.

The best thing you can do to keep your energy levels up (and consistent) is to eat more complex carbohydrates (brown bread, brown rice, wholemeal grains, pulses, etc.) and cut down on simple carbohydrates (white bread, etc.), sugar and caffeine. Make sure you have breakfast, and small regular meals rather than one giant meal!

http://www.caffeineinformer.com/top-10-energy-drink-dangers
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...octor-warns-no-caffeinated-beverages-day.html

I noticed the part about the kidneys as well. I tried a Red Bull about six years ago, thought it was awful and it wound up making me crash and I haven't touched an energy drink since. If I need energy, I stick to green tea since it is a natural source of caffeine and is a much lower dose per cup.

I always drink water. I keep several 20 oz bottles at my bed and my desk. I never use caffeine in tea, soda or energy drinks but I do use chocolate occasionally. Water is great! Gets me a warm soggy diaper every time.

I have been wear every night for many year I'm a bed wetter. I would always were them on long road trips, never seem to be anywhere to go when I have to go. and for the last few years I have been wearing my cloth diapers 24/7, and So far no one has noticed are said anything about my diaper.

boobybird89 said:
I'm not a doctor but I have checked out the WebMD site and what they say about energy drinks and excessive caffeine is that it can cause an overactive bladder. Essentially it makes you feel like you have to go even when your bladder isn't full. Drinking as much soda and consuming the caffeine that I was, I found my bladder going crazy every two hours and sometimes even shorter intervals than that. I don't think it damages your bladder but I ponder if it wouldn't cause Incontinence later on in life if you do this for extended periods of time...
I see the only problem with me is that i have like no natural energy if i dont drink it i'm 2 slow

- - - Updated - - -

Snivy said:
I'm not a doctor either but drinking excessive amounts of energy drinks will actually hurt your kidneys. They are somewhat bad for your heart if you drink too much but follow this link as to why energy drinks are bad: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/23/just-how-dangerous-are-energy-drinks_n_5515647.html While they are sometimes necessary to get through a day, it is without a doubt harmful if consumed: http://www.caffeineinformer.com/energy-drink-side-effects Here are some really bad energy drinks to drink: http://www.caffeineinformer.com/top-10-energy-drink-dangers To some people that want to drink alot just to fill their diapers up. If your that desperate as to filling your soggy butts up to the brim, nothing like few glasses of water should do the trick. More healthier, and it's H2O. Is that a reason (if you are) 24/7 if you fear about your bladder problems?
O crud well i'm screwed without em (To slow)

- - - Updated - - -

tiny said:
My mate ended up with a stomach ulcer and really bad nausea after drinking energy drinks every day. Sweetened drinks (like cola) are bad enough -- you wouldn't want to drink them every day. But mixing that with caffeine and amino acids is even worse for you. The best thing you can do to keep your energy levels up (and consistent) is to eat more complex carbohydrates (brown bread, brown rice, wholemeal grains, pulses, etc.) and cut down on simple carbohydrates (white bread, etc.), sugar and caffeine. Make sure you have breakfast, and small regular meals rather than one giant meal! http://www.caffeineinformer.com/top-10-energy-drink-dangers http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...octor-warns-no-caffeinated-beverages-day.html
O HELL NO i dont want that man i need a new that i dont need them anymore

RainbowDash728 said:
I see the only problem with me is that i have like no natural energy if i dont drink it i'm 2 slow

The more caffeine you consume, the more your body adjusts and develops a tolerance. So, after time, you need to drink more-and-more caffeine to reach a normal level of alertness.

The sugar and amino acids in the drinks give you a spike of energy, but this rapidly wears off and you "crash", feeling more tired (and increasing your risk of diabetes). You can quickly get trapped in a cycle where you need energy drinks to stave off the crashes from drinking energy drinks.

If you gradually reduce the amount of energy drink you consume, and eat complex carbohydrates (which release energy in your body over a long time, instead of giving you a short burst then a crash), your body will adjust and you should find that you don't feel like you need them any more.

Avoiding (or limiting) the consumption of recreational drugs and alcohol should also improve your energy levels (if that applies to you).

I "crashed" on a daily basis. I'd down three Mountain Dews a day, sometimes four if I really thought I needed a push. It was horrendous.

I went 24/7 for around a week and it was great. You need to take good care for your skin to prevent diaper rash, but other than that I did not have any issue. I would love to be able to do it more often

Good thing that my skin isn't sensitive.

It can still happen to anybody though, Snivy. No such thing as immunity against the rash..

I am just now getting to the point of wearing at least a super thick pad in my boi undies (in case you don't know, those are more of pantie look but made with men parts in mind..lol). I find that it is quite pleasing to wet in little dribbles as I go about my shopping errands but I have been wearing my pull ups and pad more and more lately:smile:

boobybird89 said:
It can still happen to anybody though, Snivy. No such thing as immunity against the rash..

I realize that but I meant it would not immediately damage my skin on contact within the first hour or so.

I have been on my spring break and I have been in diapers all week 24 hrs a day! The only issue I run into is that I'm a very heavy wetter and my diapers (Dependeco AIOs) can only hold one of my wettings. I had an instance about mid week that I was out at the store with my mom and I had a huge wetting so the crotch area around my legs were wet and I had to walk around the store like that. nobody noticed of coarse, but when I got home I really needed a change. I think the mane issue is that they are getting older so I bought some new ones and they are on there way. I have disposables, but they can be expensive so I just use them on occasion. For nighttime or if I know I'm not leaving the house I use my Leakmaster pre- folds and plastic pants which never leak. Over all I really enjoyed it, but now I'm going back to school tomorrow so I'll just stick to underwear and the occasional Dependeco pull-up.

There is a big difference between wearing diapers 24/7 and using them when you want to vs. wearing 24/7 and having little to no control. In the first case, the following would apply:

1. You can moderate when and where you actually wet or mess them.
2. You can also simply remove the diaper and use the toilet if you so choose.
3. You are still paying a lot for diapers, but probably not as much as an IC person would.
4. If you are used to normal underwear, it will take some time to get used to diapers as your underwear.
5. If you wear disposables for long periods of time, be prepared for them to break apart. They are made to use and then throw away after 3 to 5 hours (when active) or about twice as long when inactive (sleeping).
6. If you live where the temperature can get over 80 degrees F, be prepared to be uncomfortably sweaty.
7. Ditto above if you are active or play sports.
8. Make sure you have a change of diapers, wipes and rash cream at hand where ever you go.
9. Be prepared for your mid-section, butt and groin to appear larger than everyone else's.
10. Never worry about waiting in line for a bathroom again (except if you need to change, of course).

The second case which many IC people know too well (and myself for the better part of 40 plus years) is the same EXCEPT you have no choice whether or not to hold it. It just happens. All the time. And, in every situation you find yourself in. I've been wearing diapers for much of my life and 24/7 for over 11 years. It can be a godsend and it can really suck. However, if you are curious about wearing diapers 24/7, just do it. You may find it to be terribly inconvenient or exactly what you were looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back