New Goodnites design (for XL at least)

12srepaid said:
I still hope to get the new L. Any size improvements noticed?
I have tried the new Boys L and XL. The L will stretch more than the old L but the sides are more prone to ripping than the old sides. So if the old size L does not fit you well, expect the sides to rip if you wear the new size L after an hour or so, especially if you aren't careful.
Also they were able to hold 2-3 full wettings for me without leaking. I am 6'1, 130 lbs, 28 inch waist. I could also urinate at any pace without leaking either. Based off of my experiences, these will work well for people around my size and smaller, but probably not for larger people even though they may be able to get them on. I could share a photo of how full my L Goodnites got without leaking if anyone would like to see, not sure what the rules on that are exactly, but they really swelled up a lot.

• Love
Reactions: GoodnitesXL21, Goodnitesdude0127 and alexiosrediapered
loveboysbriefsnpullups said:
Agreed. At least give us the option. Or white. Or all 3 actually.
Or just a solid navy blue

Finally got the new XL. Went for the girls’ version since that was the only one Wegmans had in a 9-pack (long story) but I wanted to give them a spin.
Comparing them to the older boys’ XL
IMG_20240418_145146553.jpegIMG_20240418_145202399.jpeg
They do seem taller and maybe a bit narrower in the crotch. Possibly not the best comparison since I’m comparing boys’ to girls’.

Most of what I experienced seems to fit what others have said. Pulling them up, they seemed a bit snugger and the sides seemed a little more papery.
I wet my first one a few times, with the last one taking it past capacity. Total capacity didn’t seem that different, but it was able to handle me just letting lose. Normally I’d have to let it out more slowly in a few spurts. It did seem to wick the wetness into the back a lot quicker, as others have reported.
All told I say this is an improvement. Already on my second one and I think it will take another wetting.

• Love
Reactions: scrtadssy75, GoodnitesXL21, LittleCollector96 and 3 others
Riddy said:
Finally got the new XL. Went for the girls’ version since that was the only one Wegmans had in a 9-pack (long story) but I wanted to give them a spin.
Comparing them to the older boys’ XL
View attachment 134351View attachment 134352
They do seem taller and maybe a bit narrower in the crotch. Possibly not the best comparison since I’m comparing boys’ to girls’.

Most of what I experienced seems to fit what others have said. Pulling them up, they seemed a bit snugger and the sides seemed a little more papery.
I wet my first one a few times, with the last one taking it past capacity. Total capacity didn’t seem that different, but it was able to handle me just letting lose. Normally I’d have to let it out more slowly in a few spurts. It did seem to wick the wetness into the back a lot quicker, as others have reported.
All told I say this is an improvement. Already on my second one and I think it will take another wetting.
Thanks! What’s the date on the bag if you don’t mind sharing?

Subtlerustle said:
Thanks! What’s the date on the bag if you don’t mind sharing?
January 10 by the looks of it. Which is interesting since they boys’ bag reads February 8 but has the older design, at least on the bag.

• Thinking
Reactions: Subtlerustle
I did have a leak issue on the second try but may have exceeded capacity. More testing needed.

Hmm. Possibly they aren’t holding up as well to a second wetting.

Riddy said:
Hmm. Possibly they aren’t holding up as well to a second wetting.
you should weigh them, that would give a better idea on actual capacity.

I weighed the new xl and the previous xl.
New is 55-58grams
Previous is 62-65 grams.
The new one only hold about 12 oz for me. The previous ones hold about 18 oz.

• Wow
Reactions: TigerDL
pamperme2 said:
I weighed the new xl and the previous xl.
New is 55-58grams
Previous is 62-65 grams.
To have an exact sample, you need to do this more than once, I swear the new XL can hold lot more than the previous version, at least its what I think, I'm afraid of ordering a digital portable scale cause this would flag me as potential drug user or dealer, I'm 99% sure if I explain that I use it to weight wet diapers to a police officer, they will laugh at me...

Reactions: Goodnitesdude0127
CodyBaby said:
To have an exact sample, you need to do this more than once, I swear the new XL can hold lot more than the previous version, at least its what I think, I'm afraid of ordering a digital portable scale cause this would flag me as potential drug user or dealer, I'm 99% sure if I explain that I use it to weight wet diapers to a police officer, they will laugh at me...
I have a digital scale to weigh food. That is what they are primarily for and can be found in the kitchen area of most stores.

For the weight test I tested 5 Goodnites from each pack. That’s why the weight varies a little.

I’m glad you get better absorption that I do. Maybe I got a bad batch.

Reactions: TigerDL, Joediaper and CodyBaby
pamperme2 said:
The difference in capacity can be because of how concentrated your urine is, as well as how much, how quickly/forcefully and where you wet them. The one may have a greater theoretical maximum under certain or ideal conditions but the other may have a greater maximum under non-ideal conditions. It is a very complicated issue. Also the size of the person and the fit can have a large impact as well. Just too many possible variables.

I’m just curious, what is the maximum weight, waste size would xl goodnights fit.

babyscotty37 said:
I’m just curious, what is the maximum weight, waste size would xl goodnights fit.
I am not really sure what the maximum waist would be for you to get them on, probably around 32 to 34 inches, but for them to function and fit properly, no more than 30 inches. Granted there are a lot of variables that affect the fit and performance besides waist size.

okmis said:
I am not really sure what the maximum waist would be for you to get them on, probably around 32 to 34 inches, but for them to function and fit properly, no more than 30 inches. Granted there are a lot of variables that affect the fit and performance besides waist size.
Wrong, my waist size is 38,7in, and they fit me like a glove, no stretching needed, the new version is even more comfy than the previous one, don't make people assume you need a 30in waist for them to fit, its not true.

• Wow
Reactions: TigerDL, GoodnitesXL21, artemisenterri and 1 other person
CodyBaby said:
Wrong, my waist size is 38,7in, and they fit me like a glove, no stretching needed, the new version is even more comfy than the previous one, don't make people assume you need a 30in waist for them to fit, its not true.
How tall are you? We got the same waist but I'm 6'1" and the ride is to short to fit like a glove although it does fit stretch wise.

okmis said:
I have a 33” hip measurement. I’m 6’ tall. They fit perfect with no stretch. Almost a little big. I can also fit in L with a little stretch.

CodyBaby said:
I have almost a 37-inch waist... My 38 pants fit loose while my 36s are just a bit snug without being overly tight. But I also have thick "thunder thighs" which i can't circle with my hands at all... Last time I tried L size goodnites (which was probably 20 years ago) they wouldn't fit me at all...

I’ll jump in with my experience with the new girls xl goodnites. Overall I love them. They hold between one or two wettings. No leaks for the first wetting but iffy for the second despite them holding the volume.
I have a 36” waist, weigh around 185, am 5’11 and wear either 34 or 36 waist size pants. The waist size of the xl is actually a bit loose but the rise is more the challenge. I may try the L for presumably a tighter waist but I am worried that the rise will be shorter which would not be good.
If anyone can tell me how the rise varies between the L and the Xl I would greatly appreciate it.

Reactions: TigerDL
ChrisChris said:
How tall are you? We got the same waist but I'm 6'1" and the ride is to short to fit like a glove although it does fit stretch wise.
I'm 5ft10

Back