New Goodnites design for Girls 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
alex288 said:
Currently at Walmart Hamilton Ontario and found the new designs on Girls XL in box/case. They are the owl / butterfly mix. Will post pics or videos once home.
Excellent! And please, if you can spare one, open the sides of one, stretch it out flat, and measure the length. Very interested to know if they're really longer than ~24 inches now. I'm a tad skeptical, to be honest, as no rulers have thus far been used. But numbers don't lie, and if that's what they say, that would be wonderful. (A wider crotch would be even more wonderful, though. IMO.)

I'll def try and get as much info on them as I'm curious myself lol.

It's great to have confirmation of actually getting the owl and butterfly ones, so we know they are coming to stores for sure now!

Cottontail said:
Excellent! And please, if you can spare one, open the sides of one, stretch it out flat, and measure the length.

When I find some I'll be doing careful measurements of them and the older ones and posting a comparison. I'm surprised because the area I'm in (near Dallas-Ft. Worth area) has tended to get the new designs pretty quickly in the past.

K so phone won't let me upload pics but I will get them on some how. Measurements from end to end , stretched and taped down was 23inches on the dot.

So 23 inches means that they're not any larger than the older Goodnites? :(

Untitled.jpg

sorry pic was wayyy too big and it made it look crappy but you get the idea

More pics please! :D

alex288 said:
View attachment 26735

sorry pic was wayyy too big and it made it look crappy but you get the idea
Thanks a bunch! So 23" is definitely shorter than the 2013's, but not sure what the last version (before this one) measures. I have a pack of those and will check soon!

Cottontail said:
Excellent! And please, if you can spare one, open the sides of one, stretch it out flat, and measure the length. Very interested to know if they're really longer than ~24 inches now. I'm a tad skeptical, to be honest, as no rulers have thus far been used. But numbers don't lie, and if that's what they say, that would be wonderful. (A wider crotch would be even more wonderful, though. IMO.)

When you post messages like this know that your basically calling the person who originally posted the information a liar and it really hurts.

gnites said:
When you post messages like this know that your basically calling the person who originally posted the information a liar and it really hurts.

Stop being very rude to me please! They're just diapers and they're not confirmed yet. They got butterflies and owls for now

gnites said:

Oh gosh, I've certainly called nobody a liar, but I apologize if that's how it came off. Just realize that it's a matter of some responsibility to state that a new product is larger. That's kind of a big deal! People should be rushing to the store with accurate information. The trouble with saying that these new ones are larger, short of any measurements, is that it simply runs counter to the recent trend of GoodNites getting smaller. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I measured GoodNites L/XL at 24" long several years ago. Users since had indicated that they'd lost about an inch. Plus, really, it's just not possible to sit folded-up diapers next to each other, all shriveled under the strain of elastic, and make any claims as to what the relative lengths are.

So I wasn't calling you a liar at all, merely stating that the evidence presented was not compelling.

I ripped open my package of May 2016 GoodNites--the hearts/butterflies design--this morning, taped one flat to the kitchen counter with clear packing tape, and here's what I see:
attachment.php

So from this I'm getting that nothing's really changed. :shrug:

Cottontail said:
Oh gosh, I've certainly called nobody a liar, but I apologize if that's how it came off. Just realize that it's a matter of some responsibility to state that a new product is larger. That's kind of a big deal! People should be rushing to the store with accurate information. The trouble with saying that these new ones are larger, short of any measurements, is that it simply runs counter to the recent trend of GoodNites getting smaller. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I measured GoodNites L/XL at 24" long several years ago. Users since had indicated that they'd lost about an inch. Plus, really, it's just not possible to sit folded-up diapers next to each other, all shriveled under the strain of elastic, and make any claims as to what the relative lengths are.

So I wasn't calling you a liar at all, merely stating that the evidence presented was not compelling.

I ripped open my package of May 2016 GoodNites--the hearts/butterflies design--this morning, taped one flat to the kitchen counter with clear packing tape, and here's what I see:
attachment.php

So from this I'm getting that nothing's really changed. :shrug:

Then who's the liar then, if it's not me

Oh jeez. Nobody here is a liar. A person can be wrong without lying. Lying is willful deceit. The worst anybody here is guilty of is jumping to conclusions and not using a ruler. Voicing skepticism is definitely not the same as accusing somebody of lying. Lying about something like this would be pretty silly, no?

Last edited:
Oh my god everybody! Stop arguing! I didn't come on this thread to see this! Geez adults can be mean at times, I don't get what you mean by "lies" and I don't really want to know!

I'm sorry everybody i was just a little too jumpy for unconfirmed Frozen graphics was i?

GoodnitesFan97 said:
I'm sorry everybody i was just a little too jumpy for unconfirmed Frozen graphics was i?

I don't think they were referring to you (and i really am hoping for those graphics!)

/me passes around Chill Pills

2qnsgar.jpg

anuo8.jpg

Hearts Goodnites in size 8-14 from 2016 (US) vs. Bird cupcake teacup Drynites age 8-15 from 2014 (AU)
The drynites cost more but they are slightly bulkier, shorter, wider in the crotch and made of more durable material.

I prefer the AU version - feels so English.

Photos attached, Camo print is out of a pack i bought 2 weeks ago (5 layer non new prints)

These measurements are a little silly at the end of the day the true test is how they fit when you put one on. I can say from my personal experience that I can feel the size increase when I put one on which to me is what matters. If Goodnites did not fit you before they still will not and if they fit before you'll have a little extra room.

As i've said from the first post its not a huge difference but a small step in the correct direction over the trend of going smaller with each new version.

gn10.jpggn11.jpggn12.jpggn9.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! It seems like there's about an inch and a half increase. That's a pretty significant improvement. When was the last year they were this large?
gnites said:
Photos attached, Camo print is out of a pack i bought 2 weeks ago (5 layer non new prints)

These measurements are a little silly at the end of the day the true test is how they fit when you put one on. I can say from my personal experience that I can feel the size increase when I put one one which to me is what matters. If Goodnites did not fit you before they still will not and if they fit before you'll have a little extra room.

As i've said from the first post its not a huge difference but a small step in the correct direction over the trend of going smaller with each new version.

View attachment 26741View attachment 26742View attachment 26743View attachment 26744

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back