Nappies autisum and anxiety!

Jorelaxed said:
I honestly think diapers do play a big part in helping Autistic people by allowing the person to just let go worry-free and help control anxiety too!🙂
The sensory overload of holding in pee and poopy can be stressful I can imagine.
Yes, it certainly does help, especially if there are changes in the flow of urine or faeces.
Plus, if one notices that they might have even the slightest dribble, then that can casue a sense of insecurity.
Quite often people sense more danger than is real.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192, Subtlerustle, babybenji and 1 other person
cuteingly said:
Comfort zones are an interesting concept here.
Environment and social factors seem to have a significant impact here.
Also, it appears to be common enough for ABDLs new to voiding in nappies to struggle at first.
I don't know the representation between neurotypical backgrounds vs. those with Autism, but change demands adaptation, which is often difficult for a large number of people, even for those not considered neurodivergent.

Can you please clarify this?
Do you mean that there is something in particular that they may require to remain consistent despite the change?
Autism is a very broad term and there are almost certainly those who have it that adapt well to change and others who do not.
Autism / autistic spectrum is a very broad term with different levels. There is no real measurable way to quantify it other than by observation, which itself is flawed due to varied base references.

From years of scientific research into this, the closest way to describe it is an overload of information, which in no way explains or does it justice. Simply, it is that every human sence is turned up full volumn with no way to turn it down.

This line of thought somewhat explains a common medical treatment for people on the spectrum and/or stressed and/or any form of anxiety - to focus on a single memory / task / sequence. Following that concept, it might explain the infantilistic drive - to maybe go to a time where some of the human senses were non functional and the information being pushed into the mind was much less. That idea also complies with ones problem solving methodology - to search in ones mind for when they dealt with similar before.

A baby/child finds comfort in something soft - like a plushie / blankie / thick diaper. *Newborn senses exist, but need growth to fine tune same. With a person in the spectrum, as a newborn, the mind has the ability to handle the lack of data being fed into it, but as the senses develop, it quickly gets to a stage of overloading.

My own actions does effect my interactions both in person and online where, lets use this post as an example - I wrote and corrected this text, by MS Word count, 230 odd times. Where I interact with others, I have to write down what I want to say beforehand - as in the interaction, I am evaluating every possible scenario over and over again which creates large pauses - and basically prevents any meaningfull comunication. I am not claiming that I am on the spectrum, and disagree with a medical diagnosis of same as when it was done, I was young and very shy. Today I am stronger, maybe due to constant self analysis and/or maybe to having to be due to being diaper dependant = in reality, I don't know, but I will take any advantage in this crazy world that I can.

The concept, I think that you see is that people that are neurodivergent even exist. Who are we to say what is normal and what is not? There can be an average in a list, but nobody is mr/mrs average. We are all unique and different - so there is really no normal and also, no abnormal.

The human is a master at adaption - which is required for survival. There used to be a TV show, '1000 Ways to Die' which portrayed the mistakes certain people made that caused their death - and used that as a form of comedy. What was key about the program was not the program but more of the introduction

"Death...is everywhere. Most of us try to avoid it, others can't get out of its way. Every day we fight a new war against germs, toxins, injury, illness, and catastrophe. There's a lot of ways to wind up dead. The fact that we survive at all is a miracle. Because every day we live, we face... 1000 Ways to Die.""

There is a lot of truth in that statement - and it also eludes to the miracle that is the lifespan of a human, but that miracle is dependant on billions of decisons per second that the mind handles without blinking, and it needs to in order to survive.

*Newborn Senses
A newborn child is can sense light, sound, smell, taste and touch but each is highly restricted.
  • everything it sees is in shades of light and dark, but can only focus within roughly 10".
  • hearing is almost fully developed before birth to such an extent that it recognises its parent voice, and most important, their heartbeat.
  • taste is somewhat developed, but it is coarse as compared to youth.
  • touch is also somewhat developed, but like all senses, needs improvement

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: babybenji and KBoy
I must admit, I, am delighted 🤩 at the diversity of this community and its acceptance for all of the different forums topics. It really is a good to see. ADISC really is a vibrant and varied community, that comes together. 🧸🧸🌈🌈🧸🧸🤩🤩🤩🤩🧷🧷🧷🍭🍭🍭🍭👶

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Where would a toddler be without little diapered time, in a constant state of flux and distress. 🧸🧸🧸🌈🌈🌈🧷🧷🧷🍭🍭🍭👶👶👶🦄🦄🦄🦄

• Love
i have autism and a bedwetting problem, and i find comfort in my pullups too, but i wanna buy convenience store actual diapers.. but I dont want my parents finding out about my little side..

Reactions: babybenji and BobbiSueEllen
science and hypothesis into autism is one thing living with it is another, we are all different, you can’t categories all with one template 👶🍭🧸

Reactions: babykeiff and BobbiSueEllen
I am diagnosed autistic and I absolutely find them calming. And if things are getting uncomfortable mentally for me, they are for sure a coping mechanism.

1. Just from the sensory perspective, I love how they feel and I love that they are snuggly taped on.

2. I am hypersensitive to everything and that can overwhelm me to the point of a shutdown or meltdown. When I put on that diaper then mentally I regress to infant headspace, there are no more expectations of me and I can just let go. Dropping that burden is such a relief

3. I hate talking. I'm not non verbal, but I absolutely do not not want to talk to 90% of people. Its just noise. The diaper and pacifier are a package deal, so that pacifier is like a big flashing bill board to the world "DO NOT try an talk to this infant" as they can't understand you anyway.

So overall, its the shit for autism and so is marijuana edibles for that matter. But that's a whole nother story.

• Love
Reactions: Sidewinder, babykeiff, Davvyboy and 2 others
babybenji said:
I find nappies us a huge comfort and calming, when everything gets to Much I get the most comfort and relief by putting a nappy on and a dummy and cuddling teddy. Very quickly become peacefull. Ive found nappies a comfort from an early age. I know others find nappies calming for anxiety and autism. There are studies were autistic people, find that nappies have a calming effect. It seems to me yo really help when I have a autistic melt down. 🧸🧸🧷🧷🌈🌈🦄🦄🐬🐬🧜‍♀️🧜‍♀️
I find them very calming and soothing.
More and more I want to lock my front door and seek refuge in a nappy.
The world is a violent place.
Maybe Putin could drop nappies on Ukraine instead of bombs ?!

cuteingly said:
Comfort zones are an interesting concept here.
Environment and social factors seem to have a significant impact here.
Also, it appears to be common enough for ABDLs new to voiding in nappies to struggle at first.
I don't know the representation between neurotypical backgrounds vs. those with Autism, but change demands adaptation, which is often difficult for a large number of people, even for those not considered neurodivergent.
(y)

babybenji said:
it is a security blanket. It’s been the last bastion to cope When had a full blown autistic meltdown. Anxiety relief 🧸🧷🧸🌈🍭
(y)

babybenji said:
science and hypothesis into autism is one thing living with it is another, we are all different, you can’t categories all with one template 👶🍭🧸
I agree even more than I can ever put into words. In another post, I mentioned no labels, uniqueness. I even despise the terms normal and abnormal.

To All:

Are we different?
  • Your diaper is different to mine.
  • Your plushie is different to mine.
  • You are different to me... or are are you?
Are we the same?
  • Your blood is the same colour as mine.
  • You love your plushies the same as I love mine... and they love you/me.
  • You wear diapers, just like me
  • You have the same need for air as I do
  • You have the same need for food as I do
  • You have the same need for water as I do
  • You have the same need for love and caring as I do
  • You and I came from the same root ancestors. (Mathematically proven)

There is more of the same that difference - We are all human, brothers, sisters, kin. We are all related to each other.. so we are family. So, where is the real difference. We may be unique, but as has been said, we can't categorize with a template... as it simply is incorrect.

Reactions: cuteingly and babybenji
Autism has no borders or state lines. It is worldwide. Every human on this planet is unique, we have idiosyncrasies. To me it’s not about being the same or different, it’s it’s about understanding and empathising. Individuality is a necessity in my mind, I don’t want to feel I have been made in a autism factory. I embrace diversity, culture. Been shoved into boxes all my life. Told Bi-polar 20 years ago, adhd, autism to me they are words. Little time and. Nappies are far more helpful than the cocktail of medicines I’m on 😂. Imagine if I told the quack that m. 🥹 it would be another section 🥹

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and babykeiff
babybenji said:
Autism has no borders or state lines. It is worldwide. Every human on this planet is unique, we have idiosyncrasies. To me it’s not about being the same or different, it’s it’s about understanding and empathising. Individuality is a necessity in my mind, I don’t want to feel I have been made in a autism factory. I embrace diversity, culture. Been shoved into boxes all my life. Told Bi-polar 20 years ago, adhd, autism to me they are words. Little time and. Nappies are far more helpful than the cocktail of medicines I’m on 😂. Imagine if I told the quack that m. 🥹 it would be another section 🥹
I also have been typecast, pigeon holed, boxed, labeled (I will stop as this list goes on forever) by all forms of supposed experts. Am I on the austic spectrum - I really don't care. It is not a badge, a goal, or a destination. It is a form of discrimination - and I will not let anyone be discriminated against. As a result, I despise any form of label.

In relation to understanding and empathising, that to me is incorrect. To me it is all about acceptance. The uncompromising acceptance of everyone no mater which guise they come in. I don't empathise you - I accept you as being you. I don't need to understand everything in life to know it is there. I don't need to understand you to accept you.

I just accept you for you being you - no complication, no questions, no confusion.

In relation to life - to everyone it is a challenge, but it is a wierd challenge - one we do not want to win as the end of life is death. So, lets enjoy not defeating the challenge of life together for as long as we can.

Understanding is massive, but how can others understand us with out empathy. With empathy comes kindness and acceptance. I accept all, life is special we are here for a short time not sling time, need to make the mist of it. 😎 there is no wright or wrong way just follow you heart🧸🧸❤️

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and babykeiff
babybenji said:
I find nappies us a huge comfort and calming, when everything gets to Much I get the most comfort and relief by putting a nappy on and a dummy and cuddling teddy. Very quickly become peacefull. Ive found nappies a comfort from an early age. I know others find nappies calming for anxiety and autism. There are studies were autistic people, find that nappies have a calming effect. It seems to me yo really help when I have a autistic melt down. 🧸🧸🧷🧷🌈🌈🦄🦄🐬🐬🧜‍♀️🧜‍♀️
So let me ask a question. So I think it was 2011 that I was diagnosed with autism. I just realized with your post that autistic people have these moments of melt downs. After looking it up I realized that some of my outburst of anger is linked to my autism. So do you think this is correct? It didn't actually appear to me till just know. I find diapers very soothing. My cat helps with that too. There are infrequent times I go on this binge and want to submerge myself into my 4 or 5 year old age. I wonder if this is also link to autism?

Reactions: babybenji and BobbiSueEllen
my mum had me potty trined, dressing myself and inpent aged 3 my childhood was do it urslef

pdiapered said:
So let me ask a question. So I think it was 2011 that I was diagnosed with autism. I just realized with your post that autistic people have these moments of melt downs. After looking it up I realized that some of my outburst of anger is linked to my autism. So do you think this is correct? It didn't actually appear to me till just know. I find diapers very soothing. My cat helps with that too. There are infrequent times I go on this binge and want to submerge myself into my 4 or 5 year old age. I wonder if this is also link to autism?
my meltdown get me asstred

• Wow
pdiapered said:
I'm jealous.... Tell me how you trained you cat to help you with diapers?🤣

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: babybenji
I feel it is for me. I’ve got into so bother in meltdowns, sometimes they come from the blue. I was the same age when found comfort put nappies on myself. I sometimes internalise everything, realising know that is not good as it eventually all comes out at once. 🧸🧸🧸🧸🧸

babykeiff said:
I'm jealous.... Tell me how you trained you cat to help you?🤣
just in my teen yrs cooked myself mum was with nan, school punished me for being gay mum did same she still thinks wearing nappy will get me assrted

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: babybenji, BobbiSueEllen and babykeiff
Back