My wife saw me in a diaper

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
We recently moved, and of course my clothes/supplies were in boxes everywhere. Being exhausted and not able to find my PJ bottoms, my usual cloth backed diapers and plastic pants required me to substitute. I normally arrange it so that beyond a pull-up, my dear wife never sees me in a diaper.

So I wore a Better Dry to bed. Of course, when I took my house coat off to climb into bed, my wife for the first time saw me in a plastic backed diaper. There was a brief (no pun intended) moment of silence but nothing further was said about it after she recovered :eek:

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Davvyboy, SissyPwincessAndrea, Angelapinks and 11 others
slimjiminy said:
We recently moved, and of course my clothes/supplies were in boxes everywhere. Being exhausted and not able to find my PJ bottoms, my usual cloth backed diapers and plastic pants required me to substitute. I normally arrange it so that beyond a pull-up, my dear wife never sees me in a diaper.

So I wore a Better Dry to bed. Of course, when I took my house coat off to climb into bed, my wife for the first time saw me in a plastic backed diaper. There was a brief (no pun intended) moment of silence but nothing further was said about it after she recovered :eek:
How long have ya'll been married?

• Thinking
Reactions: Angelapinks, Diprs2, Edgewater and 1 other person
If you’re wearing protection that much I doubt it was as much shock as you think.
I’m new to diapers and when my wife sees me in one now, I think the same thing but she helped tape the 1st one I ever wore on me so, I tell myself it’s not that big of deal.
Although she worked as a nurse in a hospital for 15 years once so, helping me with it and seeing me in one don’t seem to be that big of deal. She appreciates the dry bed more.

Reactions: Davvyboy, Angelapinks, tempestcd and 6 others
Been married for 39+ years. My wife is no nurse but she's raised our three children. I'm not going to lose sleep over it but it felt like an awkward moment.

Reactions: Davvyboy, Angelapinks, tempestcd and 10 others
slimjiminy said:
Been married for 39+ years. My wife is no nurse but she's raised our three children. I'm not going to lose sleep over it but it felt like an awkward moment.
Long time, after all that I’m sure she’s not judging, just checking out your new drawers :)

• Haha
Reactions: Angelapinks, AttilaThePun, Diprs2 and 4 others
First time she's seen your tights-whities with color changing technology. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Angelapinks, Diprs2, AttilaThePun and 10 others
Ive been married for 1.5 years but my wife and I have lived together for 3 years. She has seen my diaper 3x365= 1,095 times give or take a few for the nights when I would travel for work. I get hot at night so I sleep in only a diaper so when I get into or out of bed she usually sees me. Its become so normal she does not bat an eye.

39 years has to be the record for length of time a spouse has not seen their incontinent spouse in a diaper. I hope you are relived and the pressure is off now.

Reactions: Angelapinks, AttilaThePun, Joeysms and 3 others
My Daddy never gets judged by momma ever, as long as she gets to pick what he wears.

Reactions: Angelapinks, mark64, AttilaThePun and 3 others
I've only been incontinent for 2.1 years. So it was all "shock" and no "awe".

• Haha
Reactions: AttilaThePun, Bunnyherder, diaperdude and 3 others
slimjiminy said:

Hello! I can relate of an awkward moment. IMO, sounds as though it was embarrassment. I have been with my significant other for 14 + years, we both know each other inside & out, when you are exposed like that I know I feel, which is vulnerable. Even though she tells me not to feel embarrassed, I still do. I have U-IN & B-IN. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Hope that helps out in some way.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, Diprs2, slimjiminy and 2 others
In a way, this breaks the ice. Since you are genuinely incontinent, this is something she should get used to and accept.

Reactions: Angelapinks, AttilaThePun, Diprs2 and 3 others
at least it wasn't a confidry, the rustling of those could keep her up.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Angelapinks, AttilaThePun, UnderTheRadar and 2 others
Married since 37 years, incontinent since nearly one year. With beginning of my IC she assured me to stand of course with me and we would deal with this together. She not only tells but also shows often that I'm the same person for her than before, no matter if now diapered or not. Of course I never expect (and don't need) her help in any way with diapering up, and in daily life my padded situation doesn't play any role, but I see no need and don't have to hide anything. We have a big bathroom with two washbasins , and it's not unusual before getting into bed we are together in the bathroom to undress, wash or shower and change into our nightwear - which of course includes for me putting off my daytime diaper and switch, after cleaning, into the night diaper. There is no need for me not to do this with her being also there, so she has often seen me changing my diaper (which I do standing up leaning to a wall). I don't make a big deal of it, she also doesn't. It's also no deal for her while cuddling touching my protection (no further details ever).

Reactions: Constantlydamp, Angelapinks, AttilaThePun and 10 others
My wife sees me in nappies and plastic pants all the time. It just isnt a big deal anymore.

Reactions: Angelapinks, Ortler, AttilaThePun and 6 others
Should not be a big deal and isn't. Don't try to hide what is just a medical condition. Over time my diapers just became my underwear. Guys often walk around in their whitey tighteys and I often walk around in just my diaper. My wife doesn't say a word.

Reactions: Angelapinks, AttilaThePun, Diprs2 and 2 others
jdinvirginia said:
Should not be a big deal and isn't. Don't try to hide what is just a medical condition. Over time my diapers just became my underwear. Guys often walk around in their whitey tighteys and I often walk around in just my diaper. My wife doesn't say a word.
I can't disagree with that but I've always tried to keep my "problem" low profile, even at home.

Maybe there was something for IC people, in the Simon and Garfunkel "Sounds of Silence" 🤪
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence

• Haha
Reactions: AttilaThePun, Diprs2 and geka
Wetshisbed said:
My wife sees me in nappies and plastic pants all the time. It just isnt a big deal anymore.
Same for me too. Walking around in a nappy or putting one on in front of my wife is just the norm . I’ve worn nappies at night for about 2/3 of my life and I am 60 now.

Reactions: jdinvirginia, Teddy02, AttilaThePun and 1 other person
I'm not married but my girlfriend comes over during the weekends. I've always been IC so I'm used to wear a diaper. She knows that I'm IC since she figured it out (long story). She'd never saw my diaper. When we started sleeping together (and making love) I would take off my diaper in the bathroom and after that I would go back to the bathroom and put on a new diaper and some shorts. After a few months she told me she wanted to see it. Completely embarrassing. She actually pulled off my shorts when I got into bed. She wanted to feel them. Why? No clue. But she didn't laugh (maybe a few giggles). Now that she's seen them it does feel more easier. I hope that it continues. I'm still not completely comfortable with her seeing my diaper but she told me she thinks it's cute (?). Okay, she's a little crazy.

• Love
Reactions: Fetishbuddy, badger50, AttilaThePun and 7 others
During one of the first nights my then girlfriend (now wife) slept in the same bed, I had an accident- one of the most embarrassing moments of my life. My girlfriend told me tongonput on a diaper (she knew about my diapers, but never saw me in one). I ended up going into the guest bathroom and cleaning up, then diapers myself. I did not have any shorts or even a shirt on, but had to return to the bedroom where my wife was waiting for me. I walked in the room in just a diaper - the look on her face was pure shock; but we then proceeded to change the sheets and I put the wet ones in the washer. When I crawled back into bed (only wearing a diaper), nothing was said, we just went back to sleep.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, Diprs2, checkingoutall and 1 other person
greatlake5 said:
Okay, she's a little crazy.
"She's a little crazy for you!", there, fixed that for you! 😀

Really feel for all that jump through hoops to keep your diapers hidden from your partners... Sounds like a lot of work!

Reactions: AttilaThePun, JimmyBBCA, CheshireCat and 3 others
Back