My Animal/Dinosaur Photography Corner

GoodniteLover219 said:
View attachment 93343
Good afternoon all! ☺️☺️☺️

I hope ya'll had a safe, fun weekend.

Here we are of course with a brand new week coming; and ya'll know what that means. 😁😁😁

Here this week, is our next special guest!

Ready? Let's stomp our way then! 😂😂😂

Here we see a Diplodocus trotting within the lushy ladnscape.

Did you know? Diplodocus means "Double Beam". This comes in reference to the double-beamed chevron bones located underside of the tail.
Is that like getting boned in a Chevon station? Sorry. My mind is so weird. So I'm guessing Diplodocus is just "plodding" along?

• Haha
Reactions: GoodniteLover219
Bornean Orangutan.JPG
Good afternoon everyone! 😀😀😀

I hope ya'll had a safe, fun weekend!

To help make the start of your new week a bit more special; we are of course here today to introduce our next guest for this week's Creature Feature Showcase!

Let's say we "swing" our way to meet this week's special guest! 😊😊😊

Here we see a male Bornean Orangutan walking within the forest floor.

Did you know? Orangutans prefers to live alone. Unlike gorillas and chimpanzees, which live in social groups, orangutans prefer living alone.

They only are together when it's the mating season; or when its females raising their young.

Reactions: ade and dogboy
I think I may be living my life like an orangutan. I mostly live alone, up in my tree....I mean, house.

• Haha
Dilophosaurus 02.JPG
Good morning everyone.

Hope ya'll are doing good today.

Here to present this week's Creature Feature photoshowcase.

Here we go to meet out special guest for this week.

Here we see a Dilophosaurus trotting withint the Jurassic vegetation.

Did you know? That a way to define the difference between certain dinosaurs is by obvers ring their hip bones.

Lizard-Hipped dinosaurs are known in the "Saurischians". Bird-Hipped dinosaurs are known in the "Orinthischians".

Reactions: perlFerret, dogboy and ade
Dilophosaurus was a french horn player in the Jurassic orchestra, his bony ridge on his skull making the beautiful tones of the early, Jurassic-like french horn. Sadly, he ate the conductor and was banned from performing ever again.

• Haha
Reactions: perlFerret and GoodniteLover219
@dogboy that joke was egg-crutiating!
Screenshot_20221110-141956_resize_42~2.jpg
Poor thing has a sinus-migraine 🤕

• Haha
Reactions: dogboy and perlFerret
Woolly Rhinoceros.JPG
Good afternoon all!

Hope your weeks were safe and great!

To help make the start of your new week and bit better and festive at the same time, I'm here to present some special "holiday themed" guests. ☺️☺️☺️

Let's say we jingle our way to meet our first holiday guest for this week!

Here we see a Wooly Rhinoceros foraging within the prehistoric landscape.

The Wooly Rhinoceros existed during the late Pleistocene Epoch- around the time of the last Ice Age.

I recently bought a Wooly Rhinoceros fur coat at Walmarts. It's a little large on me and of course, it smells terrible, maybe because it's 10,000 years old but it's all the fashion for Christmas 2022.

• Haha
dogboy said:
I recently bought a Wooly Rhinoceros fur coat at Walmarts. It's a little large on me and of course, it smells terrible, maybe because it's 10,000 years old but it's all the fashion for Christmas 2022.
Unless..... that's the reason why they're all now bald! 😱

Favourite scene from Jur-ADISC Park:
neneconsentido-bat.gif

• Haha
Reactions: dogboy and GoodniteLover219
Caribou.JPEG
Good morning everyone! 😀😀😀 Long time no see!

I hope ya'll had a safe, fun weekend and are looking forward to the start of the holiday week! 🎅🎅🎅

Here to help give you a little holiday cheer, here of course is our next special guest on this week's holiday themed Creature Feature photo showcase!

What are waiting for! Let's sleigh ride our way to meet this week's guest!

Here we see a Caribou.

Did you know? The Caribou also goes by the name "Reindeer". In fact, they're both the same species! Just referred to by the original specie's name; and one for the holidays!

As long as it's not an insane deer.

• Haha
Reindeer.JPEG
Gooood morning everyone!!! And a very Merry Christmas to ya'll!!! 😃😃😃🥰🥰🥰🎅🎅🎅🎄🎄🎄

I hope ya'll are having a safe, magical, wonderful holiday this year! I know for a fact I am! ☺️☺️☺️

But of course, to help make your holiday cheer a little bit better I am of course here to present this week's final Winter Wonderland Creature Feature guest!

Ya'll ready to meet him? Of course ya'll are! 🎅🎅🎅

Here we see a Reindeer.

They are certainly one (If not) the most interesting magical creatures in the world.

They not only help Santa deliver presents from all around the world; but they can even fly!

Reactions: Anemone, dogboy and perlFerret
I'm guessing this isn't Rudolph because there's no shiney red nose, but everyone has to pull their own weight on Christmas Eve so they're all just as important.

• Love
Last Friday of 2022! I had hoped to post 52 critters here in GoodniteLover219's wonderful thread but life intervened and left me feeling only a bit better than today's effort, "GullBones"!

2022-12-30_GullBones05.JPG

I attempted to post outtakes but my album is apparently too full.

Wishing all a great 2023!

Reactions: perlFerret, GoodniteLover219 and dogboy
I love it!

I'd watch the movie: "Zombie Seagull!" Or maybe, "Haunted Seagulltorium".

dogboy said:
I'd watch the movie: "Zombie Seagull!" Or maybe, "Haunted Seagulltorium".
I thought it was Skeletor from He-Rex And The Masters Of The Universe!
raf750.jpeg
(An old film, I know, but us dinosaurs remember it fondly)

• Haha
Reactions: perlFerret, dogboy and GoodniteLover219
That must be one old camera, that you captured a dino on film! 🤣🦕📸

Last edited:
Acrocanthosaurus.JPG
Good morning and Happy New Year! 😃😃😃🥳🥳🥳🎉🎉🎉

I hope ya'll had a safe, fun time yesterday as we celebrated the arrival of a whole nother year ahead of us! 😊😊😊

To help bring a bit more celebration to your start of the New Year, we're finally back to our regular lineup of creatures for the coming weeks.

Let's head over to meet our next guest!

Here we see an Acrocanthosaurus.

Did you know? This dinosaur was the most widespread species discovered. Fossils have been most if not all over the US including the famous tracks located in Glen Rose Texas in what is known as Dinosaur Valley State Park.

Reactions: perlFerret and dogboy
Back