Most common leak?

What is your most common cause of a diaper leaking?

• At capacity

Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Press out leak

Votes: 53 41.1%
  • Distribution leak

Votes: 32 24.8%
  • Diaper too tight/loose

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Tape malfunction

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Flooding

Votes: 15 11.6%

• Total voters
Usually by maxing out the capacity. But there was a time where I was adding baby oil to the mix, and it caused my diapers to fall apart from the inside causing leaks. There were a few distribution leaks, but those were rare.

The most common leak for me has always been a press-out leak with crescent shape wet spot in the back of my pants. This morning my wet and messy Attends Premier diaper is NOT leaking, yay!🤗

I use L4B nappies, with plastic pants. The only time they’ve ever leaked into my plastic pants is on the third wetting. Two is fine.

Cottontail said:
I’m in reusable cloth diapers (prefolds) most days, and cloth diapers don’t “lock in” pee. A truly full cloth diaper isn’t for sitting on! I’m pretty good at knowing when I need a change, but I’m also in and out of my seat all day, so press-out leaks still happen from time to time.
I chose at capacity because like Cottontail said here I'm in cloth quite a lot and they aren't as good at retention under pressure but I do think this is actually a problem of being at capacity for them.

If you are only using certain fabric materials (looking at you microfibre) then they really don't hold well when pressed on but with the correct combination of fast wicking/absorbing and high capacity/strong hold fabrics any press out leaks should be quickly reacquired by another, dryer part that's under less pressure. This only really works with fitted/flat/prefold nappies with separate plastic pants and importantly when the nappy isn't already close to fully saturated, making it more of a capacity issue.

As for disposables I tend to be pretty good at fitting them on and only really leak when I have wet so much that it just can't soak quick enough anymore or spread it to another area, This happens most often when sitting or laying on my back so there is pressure against the back of the nappy preventing it from wicking all the way up the back properly so wee pools up between my legs and leaks out of the back of the leg cuffs but only ever really happens if the front is already saturated.

Also with some disposables I find that if I am laying on my belly and have a big wee it leaks right out from the legs and front waist, even in a dry nappy, before it can really begin to soak it up. This is why I never lie on my front when using a nappy.

Reactions: Cottontail
I always leak when I’m sitting. Because I have an office job that is the most frustrating situation ever. It seems like no matter what diaper I pick, I’m changing about every 4 hours due to leaks around the middle/back leg gathers. Especially now with everyone going to high sap diapers it’s very hard to find something that won’t swell up and start blocking flow to the point of causing leakage out the sides. Oh how I miss the days of the old M4. Never had leaks with those.

maybe the diaper is leaking because the penis is positioned incorrectly, for example, up instead of down,this is my idea and maybe it's worth paying attention to it because maybe the position of the penis is the reason why the diaper leaks

Reactions: nightfox320
DIAPERBOY920 said:
maybe the diaper is leaking because the penis is positioned incorrectly, for example, up instead of down,this is my idea and maybe it's worth paying attention to it because maybe the position of the penis is the reason why the diaper leaks
I have tried it both ways and it doesn’t seem to help. If I point up the front swells up to the point fluid will be forced to the front leak guards and other flow around my legs and out the back or flow down and leak around the middle of the diaper.

When I wore the old Abena m4 I could point down and generally be good for my first class which by the time it ended I had usually been diapered for about 5-7 hours. I honestly think a lot of it had to do with the wicking ability of that diaper. Either that or I’m leaking more now lol.

Nowididit said:
I cast a vote for other because most my leaks are due to non distribution. Meaning the diaper swells like hell in the front and ends up leaking in my crotch getting my onsie wet. The bottom and back of the diaper are completely dry. I've had other leaks in the past but now the leaks are more often due to the diaper not wicking and not evenly distributing.
I agree and have the same issues.

Side sleeping sometimes causes leaks if I wet the bed

nightfox320 said:
I always leak when I’m sitting. Because I have an office job that is the most frustrating situation ever. It seems like no matter what diaper I pick, I’m changing about every 4 hours due to leaks around the middle/back leg gathers. Especially now with everyone going to high sap diapers it’s very hard to find something that won’t swell up and start blocking flow to the point of causing leakage out the sides. Oh how I miss the days of the old M4. Never had leaks with those.
Maybe try wearing plastic pants with your nappies? That’s what I do, so if my nappy does leak, the wetness is still contained.

Gonna add another one.
The most common leak is the unexpected leak.

• Haha
Reactions: TigerDL and nightfox320
Back