Most common leak?

What is your most common cause of a diaper leaking?

• At capacity

Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Press out leak

Votes: 53 41.1%
  • Distribution leak

Votes: 32 24.8%
  • Diaper too tight/loose

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Tape malfunction

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Flooding

Votes: 15 11.6%

• Total voters

JulestheFloof

I'm Connor - the android sent by CyberLife!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
I am curious when wearing diapers, what usually causes a leak to occur in your situation?

I'm asking because on places that have a social media or video emphasis, it's always because diapers tend to be overfull or at capacity. I have a feeling that may not necessarily reflect the real-world use and common issues associated with wetting.

So I wanted to ask the group here on ADISC!

By far, my biggest issue is wetness distribution. It's hard for me to get complete use out of my diapers unless I'm wetting in every position known to man. If I'm laying in bed or sitting on the couch and continually wet in the same position, my diaper is almost guaranteed to leak in the middle/around the leak guards before it is even remotely close to capacity. It's disappointing, but I've been working around it with changing postions and angles.

Reactions: Cottontail
For me it's probably a combination of capacity and press out lead, especially when I'm asleep.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, AttilaThePun and TigerDL
I cast a vote for other because most my leaks are due to non distribution. Meaning the diaper swells like hell in the front and ends up leaking in my crotch getting my onsie wet. The bottom and back of the diaper are completely dry. I've had other leaks in the past but now the leaks are more often due to the diaper not wicking and not evenly distributing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Babybub, Ortler, AttilaThePun and 1 other person
I would say the majority of my leaks are press out leaks at the back of my legs from sitting. I also have diarrhea blowout leaks in the same area several times per month.

For Goodnites, it's Press Out Leak. Probably followed by wetting while sleeping on your side. (This is the only kind I actually have).

And of course it's game over wetting lying on your tummy. At least for adults in Goodnites.

How do you make polls?

I’m in reusable cloth diapers (prefolds) most days, and cloth diapers don’t “lock in” pee. A truly full cloth diaper isn’t for sitting on! I’m pretty good at knowing when I need a change, but I’m also in and out of my seat all day, so press-out leaks still happen from time to time.

MiddleJacob said:
How do you make polls?
It’s an option you’re given when you create a new topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: MiddleJacob and JulestheFloof
MOST of my leaks are a capacity issue overnight although IF I wind up "pointing up" AND canted to one side or the other (while asleep) then leakage out of the wings is likely. Press-out would be 3rd but thankfully I'm aware while awake and change before leaking. the main threat of press-out in my case is siting in a car for a long period of time as i won't "feel" how wet my diaper is until it is too late. I have to try to stick to a changing schedule while awake/on the road in that specific instance. Other than in that case, I rarely experience press-out leakage.

CptKirk

Its mostly capacity leaks for me since I learned how to position myself when I pee. Tho some times it's a press out problem. I haven't had a issue with flooding or tapes or the diaper being tight/loose before. So yeah capacity and press out mostly for me.

I don’t think I’ve ever had a leak from my nappy reaching full capacity. I don’t think I’ve ever worn one to the point that it was soaked in all areas. It doesn’t happen often, but if I have a leak it’s because I don’t realise how soaked my butt is until I sit down and have a press out leak. I avoid these incidents when in public by changing by the clock. I have absorbent seat pads at home to protect my furniture so am more relaxed and change by feel. Occasionally I get it wrong.

I only have had one leak and it was from press out.
Nowididit said:
I cast a vote for other because most my leaks are due to non distribution. Meaning the diaper swells like hell in the front and ends up leaking in my crotch getting my onsie wet. The bottom and back of the diaper are completely dry. I've had other leaks in the past but now the leaks are more often due to the diaper not wicking and not evenly distributing.
I am in that same boat.

Tundra1975 said:
I would say the majority of my leaks are press out leaks at the back of my legs from sitting. I also have diarrhea blowout leaks in the same area several times per month.
This. Well, no diarrhea blowouts but press out leaks are a constant issue.

Mine is usually cause by distribution from wearing plastic pants. The cuffs of the plastic pants gets into my diaper cuffs and absorbs the wetness and wicked it to my pants. :-/

Press out leaks mostly but I get the occasional flooding leak if my diaper is getting full

Over capacity then a press out leak.

I once bought a pack of Prevail diapers at a thrift store to try them. I filled one until it felt uncomfortable which is when I should have replaced it. I sat down and the press out soaked the chair, me and my dress.

know what your limits are and don’t exceed them.

I haven't had many leaks, the only ones I can remember were due to tape failure. I've had horrible luck with ABU's bunnyhopps and the tapes ripping off the sides :rolleyes: I've ordered them I think 4 different times (they are just so cute) and every time over half the diapers had weak tapes that quickly failed. 💔🐇 Never had this problem with the DinoRawrz 🦖 This was a few years ago now and I hope they were able to fix the issues with the tapes.

These days I mainly buy higher capacity diapers like peakABU or mega max which both have amazing tapes and have never given me an issue. I don't wear super often so I'm okay with spending a little more on quality. I also like to add boosters, so I hardly ever wear a diaper to its max capacity (though I usually try).

I also wonder if I might have less issues with diaper leaks because I'm a girl? I've never had a real problem with distribution which seems to be a common issue in the poll so far. I can just slightly change how I'm standing, sitting or laying to easily fix that, but mostly I don't need to? 🤔

JulestheFloof said:
I am curious when wearing diapers, what usually causes a leak to occur in your situation?

I'm asking because on places that have a social media or video emphasis, it's always because diapers tend to be overfull or at capacity. I have a feeling that may not necessarily reflect the real-world use and common issues associated with wetting.

So I wanted to ask the group here on ADISC!

By far, my biggest issue is wetness distribution. It's hard for me to get complete use out of my diapers unless I'm wetting in every position known to man. If I'm laying in bed or sitting on the couch and continually wet in the same position, my diaper is almost guaranteed to leak in the middle/around the leak guards before it is even remotely close to capacity. It's disappointing, but I've been working around it with changing postions and angles.
If I wet myself while lying on a side, the moisture flows to the wing flaps where there is little or no absorbent padding. I wear plastic panties, so it's not usually a problem. However, if I have wetness in the wings, I feel really wet and need to change.

I mainly use cloth diapers (Threaded Armor & Rearz) so the most common form of leak is press-out when sitting down or shifting position, can sometimes be remedied by plastic pants but I tend to prefer all in one or pocket style cloth diapers as they resemble disposables more. I'm not IC, so often trying to push the capacity to the max for the fun of it can cause leaks too but those are intentional ones haha

With me I guess flooding at night as I wet heavily.

Back