-Mental care - mental hospital- PLEASE help your opinions or experience?

Hope OP is doing better.

Reactions: littledinogoesrawr
SeniorMan said:
I'm in a nursing home with as many, if not more, rules as a hospital. I don't complain because I hope to get accepted soon by an assisted living.
i hate how at hospital i can Not change my own

It was an interesting experience to be sure but It was necessary and I do think it helped quite a bit actually. I feel more grounded and just a little more positive. They played around with several different pain management meds and we did find some that worked for me ...along with that we figured out some meds that really help with the sleep deprivation I was going through. I am very glad I chose to go in.
I was treated fairly well by staff and my incontinence was handled fairly discreetly. But it wasn't exactly a secret and people did notice and word got around after a few "incidents" and honestly a few people approached me with some questions about it. Funny thing though I think it actually helped me because I have always been very secretive and hid my IC and being there the scrubs did very little to hide my diaper. At first it bothered me a lot but after talking to a few people I realized nobody really cared and I actually found this really helped. I am adopting that attitude in my daily life. So much happened it's hard to even know what to say or talk about. Most of my concerns were practically non founded and didn't matter. The only really embarrassing things that occurred was I did have a blow out from IBS while in group therapy. Don't want to really talk about that day but staff was very understanding and helpful.
Instead of letting the fear and worry control me I wish I would've gone sooner instead of suffering. After a couple weeks I was transferred to a different facility for some medical tests and that facility was not nearly as good on some issues but better in dealing with others. Simply put if you're in salt lake City Utah and you're struggling the Huntsman mental health facility is definitely the way to go....avoid the University of Utah hospital mental ward.... especially if you're IC.. trust me.
Anyways doing much better now ...hope you all are doing well and thank you for the support. You are all amazing people.

Reactions: babyscotty37, iatec779 and slimjiminy
Back