Maxi-Pads

Stupid question
All I see in stores these days are panty liners. Whst are the thick pads called. I mostly diapered but thr girl in me likes to wear pads also

Reactions: goodniteswearer89
When I do use maxi pads I use always brand also.

Reactions: 21nbby
I have an excuse for buying maxi pads. I have a small male dog who likes to pee in the house. I use half of a pad and a belly band to contain the urine.

Reactions: Sidewinder
Newtolittlespacelife2023 said:
Stupid question
All I see in stores these days are panty liners. Whst are the thick pads called. I mostly diapered but thr girl in me likes to wear pads also
If you like being diapered but still want pads then the safe bet would be always overnight especially the ones for the heaviest flow gives you a borderline between the two

Littledragon87 said:
If you like being diapered but still want pads then the safe bet would be always overnight especially the ones for the heaviest flow gives you a borderline between the two
I love wearing multiple overnights pads with wings around my underwear. Just thinking about it gets me going if I don't have any on. It's relaxing and makes me feel warm inside.

I wanted to buy something a little more padded than my thong liners and the super small liners the other day. I was looking online at what to buy and thought I had my mind made up. When I got to the store, I was a little overwhelmed. Almost everything was ultra-thin and I didn’t want that. Then a lot of overnight pads, and I didn’t want that either. I ended up buying a small package of the Always Maxi #4. I think they may be what I am looking for? Guess I will have to buy more to experiment.

Want4mor said:
I wanted to buy something a little more padded than my thong liners and the super small liners the other day. I was looking online at what to buy and thought I had my mind made up. When I got to the store, I was a little overwhelmed. Almost everything was ultra-thin and I didn’t want that. Then a lot of overnight pads, and I didn’t want that either. I ended up buying a small package of the Always Maxi #4. I think they may be what I am looking for? Guess I will have to buy more to experiment.
been there like you. I decided pull ups were best for me, sometimes plastic pants over them. i feel very feminine when wet.

Reactions: Want4mor and Sidewinder
Hey just a question here but how exactly does one go into a store and pick up and buy maxis without feeling awkward and paranoid and how would you pass them off as if your gf or significant other sent you to pick some up. And for clarification I have been asked by staff in alot of places around where I live Bout it. I would love it if I could run in and pick up some it would be more convenient then ordering online then waiting for them.

Littledragon87 said:
Hey just a question here but how exactly does one go into a store and pick up and buy maxis without feeling awkward and paranoid and how would you pass them off as if your gf or significant other sent you to pick some up. And for clarification I have been asked by staff in alot of places around where I live Bout it. I would love it if I could run in and pick up some it would be more convenient then ordering online then waiting for them.
I know how you feel. I use to feel the same when I first started buying goodnites at a the store but then I just told myself that if anyone says anything I will just say they are for my kids. As for pads if anyone says anything to you just say you got sent in there to get them by your girlfriend or a friend that is a girl. If the place you are buying them at has a self checkout option use the self checkout and you won’t have to worry about anyone saying anything to you about them. I usually use the self checkout when I buy my goodnites.

Littledragon87 said:
I just use the self check out. What does it matter, though? It’s none of their business. I have gone through the regular line with multiple pads, tampons, condoms, lube and douche. They might have been a little confused ringing all that up.

You should never be asked 'Why' you are buying, especially from staff, (they are there to sell after all), I just stay clam, cool, and have a short conversation about anything light or amusing.
If I ever were to be asked "Why" I would be a little a fronted and ask: "How come you need to ask? The reasons why are none of your concerns !"

Politely put, it is none of their business.
Mind you, (in my case) this has become a lot easier as I have aged.

Last edited:
hanbanan said:
I’ve in a way enjoyed my period, though, I consider myself more of a girly girl. Yes, they suck and are embarrassing and messy and inconvenient. I’ll start mine this weekend and I’m kind of dreading it with working night shift. I normally wear a tampon, but I’ll wear a size 1 or 2 pad here and there. Nighttime I’ve worn the size 5 Kotex for about 5 years and I love them! Yes, they’re huge and bulky, but the peace of mind I get from them is incredible
ive been wearing kotex overnight pads, Love that cushing effect.

I have two little dogs who pee inside. I use a belly band with half of a maxi pad to stop that. That is my “reason”.

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2
Pads have been the bane of my existence since I started periods. I've always had a heavy flow and the biggest I could get were Always ultra night but I'd still leak. tampons are great but I'm parinoyed about them leaking and my mistress isn't fond of them. (no problems just preference and I like to do what my mistress wants)
When I got into dipers it's literally all my problems solved. I still wear tampon, pad combo for work though, it's easer to hide.

Reactions: craigd1341 and hanbanan
PassiveRenegade said:
Pads have been the bane of my existence since I started periods. I've always had a heavy flow and the biggest I could get were Always ultra night but I'd still leak. tampons are great but I'm parinoyed about them leaking and my mistress isn't fond of them. (no problems just preference and I like to do what my mistress wants)
When I got into dipers it's literally all my problems solved. I still wear tampon, pad combo for work though, it's easer to hide.
I’m the opposite, I despise wearing a diaper during my period. I will avoid wearing during it, especially on my heavy days. I have a moderate flow, which is nice comparing to some of my friends or even my mom. During my heavy days, an ultra tampon with a liner usually covers me without much of an issue, though, my job doesn’t always allow me to get to the bathroom as often as I’d like

Reactions: craigd1341
Last year I had the opportunity to get a feeling of how it is to wear a pad not for fun but out of necessity. I had a perianal fistula with a large wound that took almost three months to heal and was oozing blood and wound fluid for quite some time. Obviously I needed protection, so off I went to the ladies' aisle.

First I tried the most advertised product, Always Ultra in different variations. I hated them, they stick to your skin, especially in summer and smell like a chemical plant. In the end I found a safe and comfortable product in old fashioned Store-brand classic Maxi-Pads for women after giving birth or with light incontinence. They are a bit thicker than the Ultra Pads (who cares?) and don't have wings (which I didn't need), very absorbent and good to the skin.

In the end I was quite happy when I no langer needed them.

Last edited:
1000006924.jpg1000006926.jpg

Reactions: tammy4bbc, Nappyboybob, goodniteswearer89 and 1 other person
Like Alelaleman, I also had minor surgery for a Perineum fistula.
After the intervention, the assistant gave me a few pads and suggested I get some more.
Strange feeling going to work with a few clean pads in a backpack and having to change during the day.

I sure I continued to use them long after everything healed.

How often are you changing your pad?

Back