Let's talk Obi-Wan Kenobi

also the actual lines from A New Hope -
Darth Vader: I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner. Now, I am the master!
Ben Kenobi: Only a master of evil, Darth!
Darth Vader: Your powers are weak, old man.
Ben Kenobi: You cannot win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.
Darth Vader: You should not have come back.

Now pay attention to the fact that Obi-Wan doesn't poop his pants and runaway the minute he sees Vader. He doesn't act like he's suffering from PTSD either, he is cool and collected and still a Jedi Master, and that still means something in that movie, its not just a job title or rank.

Last edited:
I'm enjoying it a lot. It's not perfect, but it's a heck of a lot better than I expected.

I've been a huge Star Wars fan since The Empire Strikes Back was released and my father took my to a cinema in London to watch the first two movies. We had moved to Germany at the time and were visiting my grandparents here in the UK. I'll never forget the experience - it was as if a whole new world had opened up to me, and I was hoping that we'd be able to visit other planets and interact with other species within my lifetime.

Since then I've enjoyed all the movies and TV series (including the animated ones), even though the later ones often follow a predictable action movie script instead of bringing anything groundbreakingly new to the screen. But the entertainment factor is still there, especially if you are trying to fill in all those gaps between previous movies and shows.

OWK was the first series that has left me thoroughly disappointed. The low production value, bad screenwriting, obvious continuity and character errors, poorly designed sets and so on are really difficult to just ignore. It's become a far less immersive experience when you feel like you're watching a poorly-written play instead of being drawn into those foreign worlds. Speaking of foreign worlds, it seems that the writers of the latest few series don't realise how many other planets there are in the galaxy apart from just Tatooine ...

Back