Kids TV Shows

The one which really riveted my attention was on CITV in (I think) 1991.

It was a drama called “The Secret” after the book by Ruth Thomas.

It featured a ginger haired boy called Roy Mitchell who wet the bed and his older sister.

There are a number of scenes which really got my attention at the time:

1. Roy walks into his sister’s room one morning in blue pyjamas that he has clearly soaked and says to her in the wimpiest voice: “I’ve wet the bed!”

I remember at the time thinking how nice it would have been for him to have had a nappy on instead and not understanding why bedwetters were not allowed to wear nappies (little did I know then that some did!)

I probably would have wet my bed on purpose at that age if I had the slightest inkling that it might result in me being allowed to wear nappies to bed again.

2. Another boy from school seeing Roy’s wet sheets on the washing line from his upstairs bedroom window and shouting down the street “Roy Mitchell wet the bed! Roy Mitchell wet the bed!”

3. Roy in the school playground surrounded by children chanting “Cry-baby wet the bed! Cry-baby wet the bed!” over and over.

4. His sister shouting “I wish I had a brother who didn’t wet the bed!” at Roy on a beach.

If anyone has a link I would love to see this again.

When little on weekday mornings I watch jetsons, flintstones, heathcliff, david the Gnome, Grimms Fairytale classics, vintage sesame street, reading rainbow and Mr. Rogers, weekday afternoons i watch old disney afternoon (goof troop, talespin, gummi bears and ducktales) also on weekdays in the evenings before family TV time there are inspector gadget and scooby doo from the 60s.
Weekends are religious for me Saturday morning is He-Man, She-ra, Snorks, Smurfs, Muppet Babies, Alvin and the chipmunks, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Real Ghostbusters, Galaxy High then Garfeild and Friends.
Saturday nights hold 70s muppet show and 80s fraggle rock.
Sunday morning is, Transformers, Thundercats, Mr t cartoon, Care Bears, Hair Bear Bunch, hanna barbara's squiddly diddly - grape ape - snagglepuss, Wuzzles, Yogis Space Race, Ewoks Cartoon, New Fred & Barney Show and The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show.

But if your talking absolute favorites it's Muppet Babies (obviously) and Wuzzles.

Reactions: DLatHome
chasekiddo19 said:
Aww I love Mickey Mouse clubhouse also. That was brilliant!

omg thats awesome! i would love to binge watch that show with someone or alone x.x

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
Unikitty, MLP, Tru (on Netflix), Vampirina, Bakugan, and 12 Forever.

Reactions: Lyokodl
PCS said:
It featured a ginger haired boy called Roy Mitchell who wet the bed and his older sister.

I’ve just read my old post back.

The appalling punctuation suggests that the boy wet his older sister as well as his bed!

😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: Lyokodl and Seasonedcitizen
Haha....like the great P. D. Q. Bach carol: "Throw the yule log on, throw the yule log on, throw the yule log, on uncle John.

Hmm?
What about "Bozo the Clown" from the 1960's.
54 years ago I saw him live at the Woodbury Jr. High School in Salem, New Hampshire.

I saw Clarabell up close and personal because when I was 4 years old, I was on the show sitting in the "peanut gallery".

miffy, max and ruby, Arthur, Bernstein bears, aaaand... big comfy couch. <3

beach comer bill and carol corbett came to our town for the christmas tree lighting. must have been late 1960's

I like all the shows I watched as a kid (Rugrats, Doug, Rocko, Dexters Lab, Blue’s Clues) but by far my favorite show is Paw Patrol. I love Paw Patrol! It’s such a fun show for when I’m feeling little. I love all the characters but Chase is definitely my favorite! I have Chase plushie that I sleep with.

Paw Patrol has a way of insanity regression me. I feel super little whenever I see anything Paw Patrol related.

I like how to train your Dragon, Thomas the Tank Engine, and Peter Rabbit.
And I like paw Patrol too.
I also like listening to Fin Kids on the radio when I am driving my broom, broom.

Mine would be My Little Pony all generations and Littlest Pet shop. I would really like to branch out. I have been thinking of a couple like Paw Patrol, care bears the old and the new. In high-school I used to love cartoons like Code Lyoko, American Dragon, and Teen titans the original stuff. I think my heart was broke until Jake got back with Rose. Yea, I really need to branch out. SIGH!

I like paw patrol, and familyguy, and a bunch of ther shows.

My newest love is Bluey. :3

Reactions: Trevor
LittleAndrea said:
When little on weekday mornings I watch jetsons, flintstones, heathcliff, david the Gnome, Grimms Fairytale classics, vintage sesame street, reading rainbow and Mr. Rogers, weekday afternoons i watch old disney afternoon (goof troop, talespin, gummi bears and ducktales) also on weekdays in the evenings before family TV time there are inspector gadget and scooby doo from the 60s.
Weekends are religious for me Saturday morning is He-Man, She-ra, Snorks, Smurfs, Muppet Babies, Alvin and the chipmunks, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Real Ghostbusters, Galaxy High then Garfeild and Friends.
Saturday nights hold 70s muppet show and 80s fraggle rock.
Sunday morning is, Transformers, Thundercats, Mr t cartoon, Care Bears, Hair Bear Bunch, hanna barbara's squiddly diddly - grape ape - snagglepuss, Wuzzles, Yogis Space Race, Ewoks Cartoon, New Fred & Barney Show and The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show.

But if your talking absolute favorites it's Muppet Babies (obviously) and Wuzzles.
100%
I would add Captain Caveman, The Rocky and Bullwinkle show, The Littles, and The Snorks.

I was fortunate enough to grow up when Friday nights was always fresh popcorn and The Muppet Show and Saturday mornings were for getting up early enough to catch The Little Rascals and end with The Bugs and Tweety Show.

Hanna-Barbera, Disney, Henson, Warner Brothers... You would be nuts not to want to regress!

Reactions: Lyokodl, Deleted member 2355 and LittleAndrea
CuddleWoozle said:
My newest love is Bluey. :3
I thought it was going to turn out over-hyped. I've been disappointed before but it exceeded my expectations. It doesn't particularly push AB buttons for me but enjoy being able to watch it on multiple levels and it's honestly made me think about how I interact with children or people who want to be children.

DLatHome said:
100%
I would add Captain Caveman, The Rocky and Bullwinkle show, The Littles, and The Snorks.

I was fortunate enough to grow up when Friday nights was always fresh popcorn and The Muppet Show and Saturday mornings were for getting up early enough to catch The Little Rascals and end with The Bugs and Tweety Show.

Hanna-Barbera, Disney, Henson, Warner Brothers... You would be nuts not to want to regress!

I do have captain caveman but Taffy's voice can sometimes feel like nails on a chalkboard.
Saturdays definitely include snorks every week!

I also do watch the original Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock on Saturday nights before our Saturday Night movie (last night was Rambo First Blood.) Then is an episode of MacGyver, Green Acres, Mr Ed and Mary Tyler Moore.

It took me nearly 15 years to accumulate this huge collection but if I didn't have to work I could very easily sink into an eighties world of oblivion! :)

Reactions: DLatHome
Rugrats, boss baby: back in business, Sofia the first, trolls: the beat goes on, spongebob, miss spiders sunny patch, sesame street, anything winnie the pooh, doc mcstuffins, peppa pig, fairly odd parents, brandy and mr whiskers and camp lazlo just to name a few. I watch a lot of cartoons.

I sometimes watch Legend of Korra, but I’m not sure I would actually call it a kids show (due to some of its themes).

Sometimes I find Meelo (Aang’s grandson) to be annoying. Other times I find some of his lines, etc to be entertaining. I guess it depends on whether I am in adult mode when I am watching it.

Back