Kiddo Junior Plus Blue....some thoughts

quartz200420012

Diaper Historian
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Okay, so I bought a pack of these because ABU Super Dry Kids was out of stock. As ABU Sdk's are a replica of Pampers Baby dry from the late 90's, the Kiddo Junior Plus is allegedly a replica of Libero diapers. They're offered in Pink or Blue trim and interior padding...but you might as well assume they're trying to mimic gender specific diapers of that era.... so I essentially bought the "boys version"

These diapers are very similiar to SDK's but have a few added leg elastics and fit quite differently. They tend to "hug" your butt around the rear, which to me gives a better fit. The tapes are rock solid. I always have issues with diapers riding down my hips after taping them on, but these don't. Supossedly they were desinged to have a certain style of fit.

Now I'm a vintage diaper enthusiast, so I like the classic soft plastics of bye gone eras such as Attends, Huggies and Pampers of the 80's & 90's. Very few diapers since 2010 have come close to replicating that buttery smooth outer plastic and general softness. I'm insanely picky when it comes to the plastic texture. I have to tell you, that these are VERY close to the plastic of the vintage stuff. I'm not sure what they did....but they knew what thery were doing when they designed these.

They hold a moderate amount but are better with a booster. I wouldn't consider this an overnight diaper(Trest territory), but you could get maybe 5-6 hours if you're wearing a booster---so it's a great playtime diaper.

I'm really sold on these as an alternative to SDK's.

Reactions: mantilla, BBBen, TigerDL and 5 others
The tapes look lower in the pics so it could be the reason for the different fit. Are the more louder crinkles wise than sdks?

Jbo said:
The tapes look lower in the pics so it could be the reason for the different fit. Are the more louder crinkles wise than sdks?
They aren't really that loud.

Haven't tried these ones but based on your thoughts may consider it. I'm kinda loyal to the Bunny Hopps though.

quartz200420012 said:
Okay, so I bought a pack of these because ABU Super Dry Kids was out of stock. As ABU Sdk's are a replica of Pampers Baby dry from the late 90's, the Kiddo Junior Plus is allegedly a replica of Libero diapers. They're offered in Pink or Blue trim and interior padding...but you might as well assume they're trying to mimic gender specific diapers of that era.... so I essentially bought the "boys version"

These diapers are very similiar to SDK's but have a few added leg elastics and fit quite differently. They tend to "hug" your butt around the rear, which to me gives a better fit. The tapes are rock solid. I always have issues with diapers riding down my hips after taping them on, but these don't. Supossedly they were desinged to have a certain style of fit.

Now I'm a vintage diaper enthusiast, so I like the classic soft plastics of bye gone eras such as Attends, Huggies and Pampers of the 80's & 90's. Very few diapers since 2010 have come close to replicating that buttery smooth outer plastic and general softness. I'm insanely picky when it comes to the plastic texture. I have to tell you, that these are VERY close to the plastic of the vintage stuff. I'm not sure what they did....but they knew what thery were doing when they designed these.

They hold a moderate amount but are better with a booster. I wouldn't consider this an overnight diaper(Trest territory), but you could get maybe 5-6 hours if you're wearing a booster---so it's a great playtime diaper.

This excites me because I’m all about the plastic from Pampers. The plastic is everything. I LOVE SDK’s they are the only diaper I’ll wear they are my favourite diapers by a long shot. But I’ve wanted to try the Kiddo Juniors as they look like a really good Pampers replica.

How does the sizing compare? I normally wear SDK’s n the large size and they fit beautifully. I don’t know wether to order M or L

I am in fact thinking of ordering some of these in pink. as per usual nru are of stock! the other issue I have is the sizing. L29-53 OR M25-47. Well i'm a 36'' waist. so which one to go for? also sorry to hijack your thread! lol.

I am very much a fan of the Kiddo Junior Plus, both the blue and pink variant. My wife and I sometimes wear matching diapers... good times :)

Reactions: mantilla, TheWaddlingDad and VintagePampers1990
quartz200420012 said:

I definitely relate to your tastes, lol! Is the plastic objectively smoother than SDKs to you? I just ordered some based on this because I've been curious for awhile and like the look of these. Some diapers get softer outside and in when they're wet, like Crinklz...those become ultra-soft on the outside when they're wet, but dry they're kinda stiff. Super curious to know what these are like dry and wet. Guess I'll find out soon enough!

Love the look of these, been eyeing them for a little while. I am a 80s/90s vintage Pampers and Luvs enthusiast too, and wonder how they compare. Might have to pick some up. I like having diapers that aren't insane capacity on hand if I can't wear them all day, so these sound like they fit the bill!

Reactions: TheWaddlingDad
I don't like how the outer plastic of Kiddo Junior Plus Blue are still white instead of blue. I think that the outer plastic of that diaper should've been blue instead of white so that it stays true to the name. I think it was a missed opportunity to have a plain blue diaper with a printed landing zone, which we currently don't have.

Last edited:
quartz200420012 said:
Very few diapers since 2010 have come close to replicating that buttery smooth outer plastic and general softness.
I've noticed 3 diapers to have the buttery soft plastic similar to the diapers of old, and they are:
The gone but never forgotten Dry 247s,
Trest Elites
and the new BeDrys.

Here's what you can do if you want to emulate a 2 taped diaper: position the top tapes lower than usual so the bottom tapes can meet them right under them so it looks like they're 1 large tape per side. You do that with any of those super soft plastic diapers I mentioned, it might remind you of the baby diapers from way back then.

Why Can't we have the real deal, abdl companies?? Why can't anyone make a super soft plastic diaper with 1 tape per side??

• Love
Reactions: Bbjames, southeastlittle and VintagePampers1990
Just ordered some Kiddo Junior Plus and Teddy Ultra. I had to get pink for the Junior Plus because that is all they had. Not overly concerned because no one is going to see them anyway except for me. Excited to compare them against SDKs, Cushies and ABU Kiddos.
I'm also kind of excited about the Teddy Ultras. I'm not too into cloth backed but they do remind me of today's baby diapers.

Reactions: TigerDL and JulestheFloof
quartz200420012 said:

Do you have any photos of these? I tend to be a bit concerned about the possibility of them being dark blue like some previous runs of the ABU SDKs. I strongly prefer lighter pastels. Thanks.

theancientmariner said:
I've noticed 3 diapers to have the buttery soft plastic similar to the diapers of old, and they are:
The gone but never forgotten Dry 247s,
Trest Elites
and the new BeDrys.

Here's what you can do if you want to emulate a 2 taped diaper: position the top tapes lower than usual so the bottom tapes can meet them right under them so it looks like they're 1 large tape per side. You do that with any of those super soft plastic diapers I mentioned, it might remind you of the baby diapers from way back then.

Why Can't we have the real deal, abdl companies?? Why can't anyone make a super soft plastic diaper with 1 tape per side??
Agreed on diaper companies needing to get the plastic right like diaper companies like pampers did back in the 80’s and early 90’s. SDK’s did at one point back when I discovered SDK’s back in 2018 the plastic was perfect. Smooth and super soft right out of the package just like Pampers was. Then they changed them around 2020 sometime and it’s all rough and papery. The plastic does soften up after you wear them for a bit, and also after it’s wet. But the plastic on SDK’s used to be so much nicer. Still my favourite diaper hands down and the most comfortable ever. But I really wish diapers would focus on better esthetic of the plastic instead of durability. Look with all of us out here searching for a perfect Pampers replica we aren’t doing this Because we need them. We just WANT them. That being said, I’m very grateful that SDK’s exist. Like someone went out and recreated Pampers Baby Dry diapers just so we can wear them as adults. It pretty amazing when you think about it. I wear diapers simply for comfort and enjoyment. Now, if someone would just come up with a good way to scent our diapers like Pampers again. Ohhhhhh that smell ! 😍

• Love
Reactions: theancientmariner, TheWaddlingDad and Jbo
Are these as thick as the sdks??

VintagePampers1990 said:
Agreed on diaper companies needing to get the plastic right like diaper companies like pampers did back in the 80’s and early 90’s. SDK’s did at one point back when I discovered SDK’s back in 2018 the plastic was perfect. Smooth and super soft right out of the package just like Pampers was. Then they changed them around 2020 sometime and it’s all rough and papery. The plastic does soften up after you wear them for a bit, and also after it’s wet. But the plastic on SDK’s used to be so much nicer. Still my favourite diaper hands down and the most comfortable ever. But I really wish diapers would focus on better esthetic of the plastic instead of durability. Look with all of us out here searching for a perfect Pampers replica we aren’t doing this Because we need them. We just WANT them. That being said, I’m very grateful that SDK’s exist. Like someone went out and recreated Pampers Baby Dry diapers just so we can wear them as adults. It pretty amazing when you think about it. I wear diapers simply for comfort and enjoyment. Now, if someone would just come up with a good way to scent our diapers like Pampers again. Ohhhhhh that smell ! 😍
Oh man, that’d be the absolute best! The ABU scent strip smells good, but it isn’t the scent we had with the old diapers we remember smelling on the diaper aisles. There’s a member here trying to replicate it, but I’m on mobile and can’t search for the name rn, but he’s on the way, hopefully soon.

Jbo said:
Are these as thick as the sdks??
Probably, yes. They both have a capacity if 4500ML, so they probably have the same thickness.

theancientmariner said:
Probably, yes. They both have a capacity if 4500ML, so they probably have the same thickness.
yep.... they are essentially the same diaper, but have subtle differences.

theancientmariner said:
Here is my solution:
Take a sharp knife and cut horizuntally across the middle of the landing tape. Slide a Mega Booster into the front and a folded standard booster into the rear of the diaper. Align the images on the landing tape and re-seal the cut with clear tape.

4 things are likely to happen:

1. You waddle like it's 1990.
2. Your diaper bum looks like it's 1990.
3. This diaper will keep you going forever, even overnight.
And finally:
4. You feel like a 1990s toddler!

Have a good day everybody! :)

Reactions: CutestPaddedFemboy
Who actually has a photo of the blue version of these diapers? I want to see what the coloration actually looks like before I consider buying any. Thanks.

Back