Is it really a kink?

Bearcatz said:
I don't feel like any one word fits me. It's like I said in your other thread, I like wearing diapers because reasons.

Trying to fit a word to it... Eh, the hell with that. Sounds really tedious and I'm far too lazy to care.
Same here friend

Reactions: TeddyBearCowboy
SwedishAMAZING said:
Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to have irregularly pronounced vowels. I just look at english and its like,"what the hell happened to you" if my life was a language it wouldbe english
Oh, trust me. I’m teaching my children their English phonetics. Not only do we have long and short vowels, we “schwa” our vowels sometimes. And then we have vowel pairs that follow a rule… unless they don’t. It’s like it’s been made complex on purpose as a substitute for being actually useful. I hate systems that don’t make sense and just have to be accepted as they are. Explaining it is no easier for a native speaker. We have to also understand phonetics in many other languages to say so many of our borrowed words… if we even come close to saying it correctly, which I always try to do.

At the same time, my children are bilingual and know Mandarin, also. Just trade wonky vowels for “inflection”. So, they get a double-shot of complex languages.

Any ABies out there wanting to learn a new language should look up Fun Fun Elmo. It’s a Mandarin language training program that uses Sesame Street characters. It is an outstanding course through some basic Mandarin.

chamberpot said:
Is it a kink??? I was wetting my pants or bed on purpose at around six , I would wet almost every day by the time I was eight , hiding my wet things and rewetting them time and time again, around 11 or 12 I had my first experience masturbating in my wet underwear and pants in my wetting place. I think it became a "Kink" that day I had my fist orgasm , before then it was just a super good feeling to wet my pants or bed.
Exactly the same for me. I was a late developer and didn't start masturbating until 13 but had been having spontaneous orgasms while pooping my pants and wearing makeshift nappies for a couple of years. So it started as fun/nice and became unconsciously sexual, as a child, before I even knew what sex was! It is a sexual thing for me now, but as others have said not all the time, especially as the libido starts it's downward descent!

Reactions: Deleted member 60916
SwedishAMAZING said:
I have heard alot of users call abdl and diaper fetishism a kink. I googled it, and learned it was some sort af a sexual thing. Can we really be calling it a kink when it developed before I even knew what sex was? Of course it became a part of my sexuality later on, but i was just wondering if someone can tell me how a kink would develope at a young age.
Mine developed during my exploration of my body sexually. I had my first orgasm while experimenting with diapers. Hence a sexual kink is born. Around the same time I started being aroused by the concept of anthropomorphic animals, another kink is born, they kind of snowballed after that😏

Deep breath. The human mind and the human body, develop concurrently, from birth. Sexuality, not sex, Sexuality, starts on day one, moment one, breath one.

Stay calm.

Think about what a baby is learning to do, that later, will become relevant to sex. Trust, attach, bond, love. Later, after you understand what privates are for, that's going to become relevant to the act of sex, because children born to parents who can attach, bond, and love, do better, and the human species continues. It's all connected, but attachment, bonding, and love are all an infant should do, so don't let it freak you out to hear someone refer to that, because that's all they mean. Now, toddlers can masterbate, and have been known to, but it's more like they've discovered a new toy.

This also explains why some people tingle, and some don't. If it tingles, it's stuck to the part of you where attachment, bonding, and love are, and the genitalia, if not it aattached only to the very early part of your psychosexual development. It still is what it is.

I'll give you an example. If someone were to bottle feed my partner, who was not me, without my permission, I would go to jail! If someone who was not my partner, tried the same with me, I'd go to jail.

Why does this feel like cheating? Because it is, to someone like us, and it is different. Fetish and kink both mean difference. A fetish replaces a partner with an object. A kink, a partner is still involved. Fetishes stick to us before puberty. Kinks do so after puberty.

• Thinking
Reactions: SwedishAMAZING and tiny
Just to clarify, when i say sexuality, it means the whole huge human psychosexual tapestry. I don't confuse the whole shabang with orientation. Orientation is part of the whole. Orientation is about who. It's certainly not everything. Sorry. Forgot to say because I had to go eat.

blaincorrous said:
Oh, trust me. I’m teaching my children their English phonetics. Not only do we have long and short vowels, we “schwa” our vowels sometimes. And then we have vowel pairs that follow a rule… unless they don’t. It’s like it’s been made complex on purpose as a substitute for being actually useful. I hate systems that don’t make sense and just have to be accepted as they are. Explaining it is no easier for a native speaker. We have to also understand phonetics in many other languages to say so many of our borrowed words… if we even come close to saying it correctly, which I always try to do.

At the same time, my children are bilingual and know Mandarin, also. Just trade wonky vowels for “inflection”. So, they get a double-shot of complex languages.

Any ABies out there wanting to learn a new language should look up Fun Fun Elmo. It’s a Mandarin language training program that uses Sesame Street characters. It is an outstanding course through some basic Mandarin.
I know, i had to fuckin learn english.

SwedishAMAZING said:
I have always attributed my attraction to diapers and my littleside to childhood trauma. Some of my closest friends have told me that is probably what started it all, but i wasnt sure. Good to know that trauma can cause this
Trauma is proven to be the cause in my case.
I suggest some very good reading material by Dylan Lewis.... pretty much anything by him makes a lot of sense.
There's a LOT of stuff here on ADISC as he is a member!
Google his books and get a seriously good insight into 'us'.😁👍

Reactions: Prillprillprill and SwedishAMAZING
WetEmily said:
I like to say that diapers, ageplay, and age regression are like hugs. They're always affectionate, sure. But some hugs are very platonic while some are very sexual in nature. Some are simultaneously both as well.
That is actually one of the best ways to describe the subtle characteristics of diapers to a diaper lover that I've ever seen. I'm gonna use that someday!

I wet my bed well into my teens and had to diapered every night until I was nearly out of high school. Sometime in my early teens when I began to play with myself under my diapers and continued to do so for several more years, my interest and desire to wear diapers and wet myself had take on a sexual dimension that remained with me for the rest of my life. Once I left home for good after I finished university, my mother let me take all my diapers and rubber pants I had worn until I stopped wetting my bed, knowing I still enjoyed to wear diapers and rubber pants occasionally. So on my own I continued to wear diapers and rubber pants when the urge became too strong to resist. I didn't know the term ABDL then but based on today's understandings I was clearing a diaper lover who enjoyed wearing diapers, wetting them and have sexual pleasure with myself one or more times before I unpinned my diapers and cleaned up waiting for the next time the urge developed. By my mid 50's I wanted to wear diapers full time, stop using toilets for potty and find someone who would allow me to be my true self. I finally met my wife and can be that little boy.

Reactions: Freddie07601 and Traveller
blaincorrous said:
Having the attraction to diapers lead to sexuality is really just the paraphilia side of everything. People can get off to anything if it excites them enough. There are stories of girls having spontaneous orgasms from meeting their favorite boy band member. We as humans are just a little more wired for certain things that lead more naturally to sex on average, while we as ABDL attached to arousal a little differently. Instead of seeing the sexiness of a thong, we just went the polar opposite direction.
Um, not sure about the polar opposite part. Growing up, and piece of cloth I could find ended up between my legs, often looped over a belt to hold it on. Made me hard, and felt wonderful, but pure stim pleasure, not yet sexual. I had no idea I wanted it to be a diaper. It was weird having that block, and even weirder when it went away. An honest-to-gosh cloth diaper felt like a super-charger for my nads!

Reactions: blaincorrous
fleckothefennec said:
Mine developed during my exploration of my body sexually. I had my first orgasm while experimenting with diapers. Hence a sexual kink is born. Around the same time I started being aroused by the concept of anthropomorphic animals, another kink is born, they kind of snowballed after that😏
For me it was the same: I got my first orgasm with a diaper. So for me all starts with a "fetish". I prefer to call it fetish than kink since the desire for diapers was always their in my case even before I know what "sexual" means.

But I'm not sure what means diapers for me now. I were diapers every night but not for sexual reasons. Just fealing save, cute and proteced ^^. In a weird way of saying: Somehow, for me are diapers a fetish and no fetish at the same time ^^.

Ah, and to the original question: If it is not sexual it can't be a (sexual) fetish or a Kink by definition (referring to the wiki articles of "sexual fetish" and "Kink (sexuality)"). I totally agree with Rakvirsza and Prillprillprill: It can be a Kink but doesn't has to be one necessarily.

Last edited:
Reactions: NappiedInSussex, fleckothefennec and Traveller
Since the question was about having a kink, here's one definition:

Slang.
  1. bizarre or unconventional sexual preferences or behavior.
  2. a person characterized by such preferences or behavior.
Either one fits that definition or they don't. I don't see it as a big deal. For me, I'm sexually turned on by wearing a diaper so for me it's a kink or fetish, but I can easily accept that diapers aren't sexually stimulating to some people who enjoy wearing diapers.

SpAzpieSweeTot said:
Just to clarify, when i say sexuality, it means the whole huge human psychosexual tapestry. I don't confuse the whole shabang with orientation. Orientation is part of the whole. Orientation is about who. It's certainly not everything. Sorry. Forgot to say because I had to go eat.
Younare a very well versed individual! Imtruly impressed by your take on this! Thank you for adding to the conversation!

Bearcatz said:
Why people have such an obsession with fitting words to a thing and grouping people in neat little packages is beyond me. Who gives a shit?
This is just the way human brains work, we compartmentalise, That is how we learn and understand the world around us.
If we did not do this there would be a LOT more chaos and confusion.

I do agree though that not everyone/everything fits neatly into the little boxes that we currently have, sometimes a new box needs to be created, sometimes things can switch between different boxes, sometimes things look like they should be in one box on the surface but hidden underneath they should actually be in another and sometimes things can actually fit into multiple (even conflicting) boxes at the same time.

But without these basic definitions of things there would be no starting point for us to begin understanding them.

Reactions: GermanDL
SwedishAMAZING said:
I have heard alot of users call abdl and diaper fetishism a kink. I googled it, and learned it was some sort af a sexual thing. Can we really be calling it a kink when it developed before I even knew what sex was? Of course it became a part of my sexuality later on, but i was just wondering if someone can tell me how a kink would develope at a young age.
Guess I wondered the same thing as I have been attracted to rubber pants for as long as I remember and of course plastic pants after coming to Canada where they were used instead of rubber.

I have BIID. I'm certain I do!

Its not as bad as it used to be in my 20s . I now I wear 24/7 and I do have some incontinence issues from wearing nappies 24/7. I contemplated jumping off a building to achieve IC in my early 20s, the desire was so very strong. I now drip and dribble in my nappies and this has made me incontinent.

It depends... For me it's a weird middle ground, I wear diapers 24/7 but I don't do it because it turns me on. I just love the secure feeling of them; however, I've used diapers in a sexual context many times before. In that case it's a kink, but I don't only wear them for the kinkiness.

Reactions: NappiedInSussex
Back