Is it better to shave down there?

warmfeeling said:
Just while we are on this subject, about 2 months ago, my wife used Veet( hair removal cream) on my back, sack and crack, my back and backside felt really smooth, no issues, I had a proper baby’s bum, my chuddys on the other hand, felt like a couple of over cooked roast potatoes, took about a week to settle.🥵.. bit of useless info there.
Some more useless info:
I tried this for the first time about a week ago. I saw the Veet, and next to it a cheaper pharmacy brand cream. Bought the cheaper one. Worked well.

Yesterday I wanted to do it again. The store I went to had only Veet. Bought that. Three of them. My gag reflexes went crazy over the smell of Veet. I was gagging and semi-vomiting for hours. Some of the Veet got on and under my fingernails. Every time my hand came close to my face, I'd smell the Veet again, and another round of gagging. The cheaper pharmacy one was pleasantly scented.

I think I'll have to throw out this half tube, and the two full tubes.

Now, I know I have a very strong gag reflex, and respond stronger than others to foul smells. If anybody else knows this about themselves, do not try Veet.

Last edited:
HugeBulge said:
Male. Shaved the area first time a few days ago. I expected it to give a different experience with wearing and wetting. It did not. No difference. But separate from diapers, I do love the look and feel of the area being smooth.

If you ever try messing, shaving becomes a very good idea. Better experience during, easier cleanup and less odor retention.

Other than that, as far as I can tell, it's a personal preference.
I finally did it. The feeling is not very different, but I'd say slightly better in most senses. The main improvement ended up being the "regression" good feeling that causes me to see that part hairless again.

About messing, I've thought about it. I'd love to do it if these were the old times and someone else was taking care of everything hahaha. However, having to clean it up by myself... I don't think I could enjoy it.

alba92 said:
I finally did it. The feeling is not very different, but I'd say slightly better in most senses. The main improvement ended up being the "regression" good feeling that causes me to see that part hairless again.

About messing, I've thought about it. I'd love to do it if these were the old times and someone else was taking care of everything hahaha. However, having to clean it up by myself... I don't think I could enjoy it.
About mess cleanup: If cleanup is holding you back, I made a decision that greatly improved my experience. No messing if I don't have the time and resources for a proper cleanup. No wiping. Shower mandatory every time. As well as any anything else relevant to cleanup. In addition, I must have the cleanup fully thought out beforehand. Smell also needs to be thought out. If I have everything thought out and prepared, I'm relaxed and can enjoy it. This does mean that I can't do it often, but can enjoy it when I do. Luckily, I also enjoy a heavy soggy diaper.

But don't push yourself to do something you don't feel is right for you. If it doesn't excite you, no need to force it

Reactions: Diprs2 and alba92
HugeBulge said:
Male. Shaved the area first time a few days ago. I expected it to give a different experience with wearing and wetting. It did not. No difference. But separate from diapers, I do love the look and feel of the area being smooth.

If you ever try messing, shaving becomes a very good idea. Better experience during, easier cleanup and less odor retention.

Other than that, as far as I can tell, it's a personal preference.
Yeah, I like the look and feel, the rest is probably irrelevant.

Ahavijg down there helps, i had issues with razor burn. I went and had laser hair removal. It works wonders

Reactions: Dave48 and TabaCrate
Abdlchriscrinkle said:
Once you shave down there, you realize everything is so much more hygienic and easier to clean, and FEELS so much better. Complete comfort. You can feel everything so much more, especially in a diaper.

I don't use a shaver, but use an electric trimmer with a 1/8" guard, almost to the skin, and I don't think I could ever go back to a mound of pubic hair, kinda disgusting looking after you've been shaved so long.

Almost every single one of my lady friends all say they don't like going down on guys that rock a bush because of foul smells and the hairy ''gorilla caveman'' thing going on.

To each their own I suppose...
I will say most of the people I know, Male or female, all shave it away.

👍🏻
what trimer do you recommend?

alba92 said:
I've been using diapers/pullups for a few weeks now (I am remote working so I spend most of the time alone at my apartment). However I don't wear 24/7, just a few hours until I finally wet them (still struggling with that part hahaha).

My question today is about pubic hair, basically. I think it makes me sweat more that I should when I am wearing and after some time it feels uncomfortable. I'm doubtful about just shaving it and call it a day, because I think it could end up feeling worse (mostly itchy) with the diaper on. I also have 0 experience with shaving, I've always just trimmed it a little with bathroom scissors so... (am I the only one?)

Just to clarify, I'm a woman. Though I think with the "to shave or not to shave" dilemma, men would have similar problems. So feel free to answer as well :)
Hair is a breeding ground for bacteria down there. Also odor will cling to the hair as well. IMO hair down there is a turn off. I stay shaved (hell no to waxing for me) and would never grow it back.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Dave48
diaperbobby said:
I've shaved for many years with no problems. I do it carefully, so I don't have any nicks; I usually use shampoo or body wash for lubrication for my razor. I do get itchy for a few hours if I sweat a lot right after shaving--powder or itch cream takes care of that. I like the looks and feel of being clean and will continue to do it.
If you’re itchy after that’s cos you’re getting razor burn. You should try applying a cooling after shave (or I use witch hazel) when you’re done shaving. This will also help prevent ingrown hairs.

GigglingDonkey said:
For the guys who shave, how do you get your dangling fruit? I'm terrified of cutting the hell out of mine
I usually don't have a problem... remove as much hair as possible with scissors first, and then use plenty of shaving foam and have a sink of hot water to regularly rinse your razor. Don't skimp on razors, though. It should go without saying, but do not use a cheap/disposable or used razor... you're going to need brand new Gilette Mach 3 razors or equivalent, and dispose of it after you've finished. I usually pull my penis up so that my scrotum is a bit tighter over my testicles before going over the 'danger zone'. I even have a small skin tag on my scrotum which makes life a bit harder, but even then it is still relatively easy and although I do get the occasional nick, it's no worse down there than anywhere else.

-

My major problem with staying shaved is chaffing on my inner thighs. The first time I properly shaved down below, I also shaved my legs completely and so was completely hairless below the waist. It looked and felt amazing, but it wasn't long until I started to feel uncomfortable, especially as I walk a lot. Since then, I avoid shaving my legs/thighs.

I've also been a bit worried about shaving my backside, even though this always feels more hygenic, and I've noticed that the hair back there is starting to keep a slightly unpleasant poopy smell after I've messed a diaper, which I really don't want. However, I have once suffered from a rectal abscess, thanks to an in-growing hair, and that really is no fun (and can be extremely dangerous - requires surgery to prevent it from bursting and potentially causing sepsis), hence shaving my bum hair is something I try to keep to a minimum. That said, I don't think that shaving makes an abscess any more likely - it happened to me when I was 19 and had never shaved down there, so it's probably an irrational worry.

Shaved my chest a couple days ago. Today I decided to shave below the waist for the first time ever.

I love how it feels down there in my diaper. I’m going to have to keep up on this.

I’m a male, and I like to keep my pubic area and, for lack of a better word, gooch shaven. I’m a naturally hairy man, however, and I don’t shave anything else. It makes cleanup when I mess a little more difficult, but it isn’t bad. I just use wipes and then shower after to make sure I’m totally clean. Being someone that is regular and poops in the morning, it works out quite well.

The itchiness and razor burn, even razor nicks tend to become less of a problem if you shave frequently, I've found. I find just a good lathering of shower soap actually works better than shaving cream. Once everything dries out it's smooth as silk.

Reactions: KindaOlde and Angelapinks
Try creamo shaving cream. It's a cream in a tube, not a foam in a can. I think it works better than the canned stuff.

Reactions: diaperdude
As I want to look and feel like a little in every way shaving is definitely the way to go

Reactions: Dave48
i did laser hair removal. it minimizes razor burn and is incredably smooth.

I have for long time , for heath and hygiene reasons and it does help with the smell !!

I usually keep my lower half closely shaved. I don’t go completely hairless but use a short guard to keep is short and clean. Not only does it help with odor and cleanup as I wear every night, but the wife prefers me without a bush so it’s a plus plus lol.

Reactions: Diprs2 and diaperdude
I haven't shaved down there is some time, but I do like it. Not even for hygiene, I like the smooth look and it feels less restrictive. No more razors for me. I use a beard trimmer to get the bulk of it but keep it away from my acorns. Then I use nair for men (I'm sure that it's the same as just nair). You just can't us it on your scrotum. The skin is sensitive and will burn easily. You will have to decide if you even want to do that area.

Back