Is it better to shave down there?

alba92

Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I've been using diapers/pullups for a few weeks now (I am remote working so I spend most of the time alone at my apartment). However I don't wear 24/7, just a few hours until I finally wet them (still struggling with that part hahaha).

My question today is about pubic hair, basically. I think it makes me sweat more that I should when I am wearing and after some time it feels uncomfortable. I'm doubtful about just shaving it and call it a day, because I think it could end up feeling worse (mostly itchy) with the diaper on. I also have 0 experience with shaving, I've always just trimmed it a little with bathroom scissors so... (am I the only one?)

Just to clarify, I'm a woman. Though I think with the "to shave or not to shave" dilemma, men would have similar problems. So feel free to answer as well :)

• Thinking
Reactions: cowprintz, Diprs2, furry121 and 11 others
I would recommend to shave it will help whit cleaning and odor.

Reactions: Diprs2, AliB, brooks and 7 others
alba92 said:
I've been using diapers/pullups for a few weeks now (I am remote working so I spend most of the time alone at my apartment). However I don't wear 24/7, just a few hours until I finally wet them (still struggling with that part hahaha).

My question today is about pubic hair, basically. I think it makes me sweat more that I should when I am wearing and after some time it feels uncomfortable. I'm doubtful about just shaving it and call it a day, because I think it could end up feeling worse (mostly itchy) with the diaper on. I also have 0 experience with shaving, I've always just trimmed it a little with bathroom scissors so... (am I the only one?)

Just to clarify, I'm a woman. Though I think with the "to shave or not to shave" dilemma, men would have similar problems. So feel free to answer as well :)
I have shared my pubic area for years, it feels much nicer, also like you say there is also the sweaty issue, I’m male by the way, my wife has always shaved all of her pubic area, she hates hair down there, I’d say go for it 😁👍🏻

Reactions: Diprs2, PNW509Little, Dave48 and 1 other person
Having less body hair is always more hygienic, but it all depends on how much of a nuisance is shaving for you.

Reactions: Jorelaxed, mistykitty, warmfeeling and 1 other person
After shaving for awhile the itchiness goes away. I remember how annoying that feeling was when I first started doing it. Just keep up with the shaving routine and it gets better.

Reactions: Diprs2, 247, MetalDan86 and 3 others
I've shaved for many years with no problems. I do it carefully, so I don't have any nicks; I usually use shampoo or body wash for lubrication for my razor. I do get itchy for a few hours if I sweat a lot right after shaving--powder or itch cream takes care of that. I like the looks and feel of being clean and will continue to do it.

Reactions: Diprs2, NivekDLF, warmfeeling and 1 other person
I keep it bald there too. After you shave a while your skin gets used to it and nicks are rare. I don't know how much it helps with odor but it helps with my AT (adult toddler) side.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Dave48
I use shaving creams and honestly never had any problems with itchiness or discomfort, I used to sweat a lot too but shaving helps a ton with that.

Reactions: Diprs2, 247, warmfeeling and 1 other person
I’ve just started shaving, had a few nicks the first time - I tried going in the direction of the hair but it was still leaving stubble, so I started going against the grain… maybe not a good idea but I wanted to be completely hairless.

How often do you all shave down there? It seems to grow back very quickly.

Reactions: Dave48, warmfeeling and alba92
Yes, much better. If it not complete, then bottom part. Better hygiene, less sweat, better feel.

Reactions: Dave48, warmfeeling and Angelapinks
Nebver thought id say this to a women and i apoligise but shave it for hygene xxx

Reactions: warmfeeling and Angelapinks
I just wax it and it is much easier than shaving

Reactions: DownLow, warmfeeling and Angelapinks
alba92 said:

I have not been able to go all the way and shave but I also do trim with scissors and thin out a little. I think it makes sense to shave for odor reduction and keep that area cleaner but when I was younger I did trim almost bare and the itch was distracting to say the least so I didn't do it again.

Reactions: Diprs2 and warmfeeling
Babs said:
I just wax it and it is much easier than shaving
I have been thinking allot about that things to. But not found anything good.

Reactions: warmfeeling
A few years ago I started to shave. I had some ingrown hairs initially but nothing after say half a dozen of shaving.
Then, I enjoyed so much the feeling that I IPL the zone (Intense Pulse Light). Well, my hairs being today somewhat gray or white, not everything went away but I would say 80% are away and at least the stronger! Now I shave every two weeks what remains, the very thin ones that are mostly white and near invisible, takes 10 minutes (for a male).
The question: Why did I wait so long to shave and IPL? If I would have done this 10 years before, probably near 100% would be definitively away.

Reactions: Diprs2, Pamperhead, Lyric and 2 others
I can’t be bothered to keep mine completely gone, but neither do I like a bush. I use a trimmer periodically for more of a “carpet.” Even if you wash daily as I do, a bush can get smelly, and regular diaper use definitely exacerbates that. I guess it’s slightly funny to say this as somebody who intentionally pees (and sometimes poops) himself, but… I really don’t like to stink.

Reactions: Diprs2, QTnPLASTIC, Angelapinks and 1 other person
As others here have said it is better to keep that area clear because it's easier to clean up and it also helps with smell control.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and Angelapinks
If you’re wearing nappies it’s definitely easier to keep clean if you’re shaved/waxed. (The hygiene thing is a myth otherwise - but it is easier to clean urine from skin than from hair.)

I’ve waxed for many years. Shaving is prone to in-growns and irritation.

Laser and electrolysis are way longer lasting but also v painful.

Reactions: sparkledog, Diprs2, Dave48 and 3 others
alba92 said:

Just while we are on this subject, about 2 months ago, my wife used Veet( hair removal cream) on my back, sack and crack, my back and backside felt really smooth, no issues, I had a proper baby’s bum, my chuddys on the other hand, felt like a couple of over cooked roast potatoes, took about a week to settle.🥵.. bit of useless info there.

Reactions: Diprs2, 247 and star
warmfeeling said:
Just while we are on this subject, about 2 months ago, my wife used Veet( hair removal cream) on my back, sack and crack, my back and backside felt really smooth, no issues, I had a proper baby’s bum, my chuddys on the other hand, felt like a couple of over cooked roast potatoes, took about a week to settle.🥵.. bit of useless info there.
as far as removal goes the nair stuff works well (that's what I do), hurts a lot when it's put on sometimes but it does the job and the pain goes away almost instantly after washing it and the hair off

Reactions: 247 and warmfeeling
Back